Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > The Woodshed

Old 03-18-2009, 07:57 PM
Blmfighter

Default Ready to go!

I'm sitting at work with nothing to do, just like every other day. I had to go get an Full Throttle to help stay awake.

Please help me stay awake!!!!
Old 03-18-2009, 08:04 PM
Crisco

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blmfighter
I'm sitting at work with nothing to do, just like every other day. I had to go get an Full Throttle to help stay awake.

so talk about something. Do you train any martial arts?
Old 03-18-2009, 08:15 PM
County Mike

Quote:

Sounds like my typical day. Usually hits me around 2:30. Lunch is digesting, muscles are recovering from lunchtime workout and I struggle to stay awake.
Old 03-18-2009, 08:53 PM
Blmfighter

Yeah, I train MMA at a place call HIVE MMA, I used to do BJJ at Bloomington Gracie Barra. The MMA thing has been hit or miss for the last few months and I'm thinking about going back to the BJJ.

The Hive moved and know they have dates and times that they workout however they don't stick to these times.

At least with the BJJ they never miss classes.
Old 03-18-2009, 08:57 PM
Crisco

Quote:
Yeah, I train MMA at a place call HIVE MMA, I used to do BJJ at Bloomington Gracie Barra. The MMA thing has been hit or miss for the last few months and I'm thinking about going back to the BJJ.

The Hive moved and know they have dates and times that they workout however they don't stick to these times.

At least with the BJJ they never miss classes.
Sounds like a good plan bro. You should go for it.
Old 03-18-2009, 09:12 PM
Blmfighter

Thanks, I might do the BJJ and when the Hive does train go there also.
Old 03-18-2009, 09:19 PM
Crisco

I'm taking BJJ right now under a Royler Gracie Affiliate. He is a first degree BB.

I'm starting Judo soon too so hopefully can advance my skill and rank in both at the same time.
Old 03-18-2009, 09:23 PM
County Mike

Royler JJ for the win!

Not a fan of David Adiv though. He pissed us off. One of our guys was supposed to fight one of his (amateur). He wouldn't sign his guy to fight because we're both RGDA. For the record, I think our guy would have smashed his.
Old 03-18-2009, 09:41 PM
Blmfighter

I could see why it would make you upset but does he have a rule that RGDA guys can't fight each other or was it he did not want his guy to lose?
Old 03-18-2009, 09:44 PM
County Mike

He says it's a rule but they don't train at the same school. Just both schools are RGDA affiliates. We didn't care. We were willing to take fight regardless. It's either that or our fighters sit on the sideline another month looking for a fight.

His school is ALL Jiu Jitsu. We train MMA. I think THAT would have been the difference in this fight.