Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Old 01-10-2012, 07:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by matthughesfan21 View Post
I see Jones get a lot of hate now (when he got barely any this time last year)...and whatever the reasons for that, I think it has more to do with him tearing through people's favorites. and the more successful you are, the more haters you will have.

But even if you don't like him, you have to acknowledge what he has been able to accomplish. And you also have to admit that it is awesome seeing a champ who is willing to fight as often as he does. He fought 3 weeks ago, and then wanted to take some time off, 3 weeks later, he decides he can't wait to get back to it again. It's nice to see and I love it, wish all champions would fight 3-4 times a year
I agree
Old 01-10-2012, 04:04 PM
rearnakedchoke

Quote:
Originally Posted by matthughesfan21 View Post
I see Jones get a lot of hate now (when he got barely any this time last year)...and whatever the reasons for that, I think it has more to do with him tearing through people's favorites. and the more successful you are, the more haters you will have.

But even if you don't like him, you have to acknowledge what he has been able to accomplish. And you also have to admit that it is awesome seeing a champ who is willing to fight as often as he does. He fought 3 weeks ago, and then wanted to take some time off, 3 weeks later, he decides he can't wait to get back to it again. It's nice to see and I love it, wish all champions would fight 3-4 times a year
agree . until dana screws with his momentum by making him coach TUF against rashad .. LOL
Old 01-11-2012, 07:30 AM
3dlee

oh man. id so love to see Hendo vs Jones.. but only if Hendo pulled off an HBOMB victory. Hendo is my 2nd favorite active fighter. Matt, Hendo, Chael. But he'd have his hands full. Definitley not an unwinnable fight. I think Dan has 2- 2 1/2 rounds to knock Jones out before it gets ugly. He can do it. And I would certainly wager siggie/avitar/small amounts of cash on Dan. In my picture perfect world we'd have UFC: 160 in Franklin, KY. Matt Hughes defeats GSP via cruicifx face smashing with 5 seconds left in round 5 after a domintating performance. Follwed by Hendo winning vs Jon Jones just 3 seconds into Rd 1 via Superman HBOMB. Chael Sonnen loses the first 4 rounds against Andy before knocking him out with a Crane Kick. Randy Couture comes out of retirement to win an awesome 5 rd decision over Dos Santos. Chuck Liddell knocks out Tito in round 3. Forrest Griffin rnc Machida. Frank Mir flying trinagle chokes Ubereem. Brian Stann Ko's Michael Bisping. BJ Penn rnc Koscheck. Rich Franklin tko's Rashad..... wow. Perfect fight card right there.
Old 01-11-2012, 09:36 AM
Buc Nasty

Some of you guys live in your own little world don't you! Lol
Old 01-11-2012, 11:36 AM
wavetar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buc Nasty View Post
Big time!
Old 01-11-2012, 01:54 PM
Hughes fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liddellfan View Post
Not a good fight for Hendo, he was exhausted after the Shogun fight and Shogun is not known for his cardio. JBJ will destroy Henderson in no time....Bad match up.
This.

Please consider England in your prayers!

http://www.intercessuk.org/iuk3/
Old 01-11-2012, 03:00 PM
MMA, VCU, & Doctor Who

Send a message via AIM to VCURamFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3dlee View Post
oh man. id so love to see Hendo vs Jones.. but only if Hendo pulled off an HBOMB victory. Hendo is my 2nd favorite active fighter. Matt, Hendo, Chael. But he'd have his hands full. Definitley not an unwinnable fight. I think Dan has 2- 2 1/2 rounds to knock Jones out before it gets ugly. He can do it. And I would certainly wager siggie/avitar/small amounts of cash on Dan. In my picture perfect world we'd have UFC: 160 in Franklin, KY. Matt Hughes defeats GSP via cruicifx face smashing with 5 seconds left in round 5 after a domintating performance. Follwed by Hendo winning vs Jon Jones just 3 seconds into Rd 1 via Superman HBOMB. Chael Sonnen loses the first 4 rounds against Andy before knocking him out with a Crane Kick. Randy Couture comes out of retirement to win an awesome 5 rd decision over Dos Santos. Chuck Liddell knocks out Tito in round 3. Forrest Griffin rnc Machida. Frank Mir flying trinagle chokes Ubereem. Brian Stann Ko's Michael Bisping. BJ Penn rnc Koscheck. Rich Franklin tko's Rashad..... wow. Perfect fight card right there.
I believe the word "epic" applies here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buc Nasty View Post
Yes, and?
Old 01-12-2012, 08:41 PM
Hughes fanboy

An H-bomb would be an epic finish. But I doubt Hendo would be able to get in close enough to land one.

You know if Jones beats Hendo he is going to be the most hated mma fighter on the planet. Greg Jackson may have to reiterate what he said after Jones' last fight.

Please consider England in your prayers!

http://www.intercessuk.org/iuk3/
Old 01-13-2012, 02:14 PM

I think Hendo gassing against Shogun was because he expended so much energy trying to finish him. Do that fight again Hendo KO's him Rd 1, Rd 2 and so on. He was unlucky not to get the finish but of course credit to Shogun. Either way I would not get to het up over Dan's carido, he'd be fine

I think Hendo can match Jones is wrestling, and Jones ground game is not like Shields so i think Hendo would be comfortable there. Hendo would stay patient and only needs one punch to change it. I would not put it past him but we can trust JJ to stay patient and have a very good game plan. Could end up a boring fight.

JJ the favourite but Hendo not such a big underdog in my view. I would of course be rooting for Dan. He deserves a shot
Old 01-13-2012, 07:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonlion View Post
I think Hendo gassing against Shogun was because he expended so much energy trying to finish him. Do that fight again Hendo KO's him Rd 1, Rd 2 and so on. He was unlucky not to get the finish but of course credit to Shogun. Either way I would not get to het up over Dan's carido, he'd be fine

I think Hendo can match Jones is wrestling, and Jones ground game is not like Shields so i think Hendo would be comfortable there. Hendo would stay patient and only needs one punch to change it. I would not put it past him but we can trust JJ to stay patient and have a very good game plan. Could end up a boring fight.

JJ the favourite but Hendo not such a big underdog in my view. I would of course be rooting for Dan. He deserves a shot
I don't think you have to worry about JJ having a boring fight. He'll finish Dan and make him look like an amateur. That you can trust. ;)