Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Old 03-19-2009, 12:18 AM
Miss Foxy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max
I know what it is, you hate on greatness (other than Matt Hughes). You dont like BJ, you dont like Anderson, heck I bet you dont like Fedor.
Nah I like Fedor, and I used to like BJ just got tired of his whining. Sorry, but just being honest with myself and to others. I actually backed up BJ on the forum regarding him filing the complaint against GSP so relax lol....
Old 03-19-2009, 01:51 AM

I would like to see a GSP/Silva fight. Like Atom and Max, my bet would be on Silva. They don't call him "the spider" for nothin'. He is like a spider; he draws them in and plays with them and then uses those long arms and legs to enclose them in his web.

I didn't care how he was messing around during the Cote fight--got on my nerves and I would like to see someone beat him before he retires. Just not GSP!

I'm like Melissa except different fighter-- that's how I feel about GSP. I don't hate him; he just rubs me the wrong way.
Old 03-19-2009, 02:08 AM
Hughes_GOAT

Silva all day....GSP doesn't like to stand anymore and Anderson will dominate the clinch, if it even gets there. Rich greased up and Silva still clinched him....lol
Old 03-19-2009, 02:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by atomdanger
GSP wins fights because he is bigger, stronger, etc...

But he certainly won't be bigger and stronger than Anderson, I don't see him having better technique anywhere.
A very tough fight, and I don't see GSP being nearly as impressive lately to even challenge Anderson.

GSP has gone to the end of the 4th with a tiny out of shape BJ, and had vasoline on his body, before that he went to a decision with Fitch, hell, in the rematch Matt Serra almost made the third round.
He just isn't walking through guys like Anderson is.

Anderson has walked through everybody he has fought in the UFC, minus a hickup of getting mounted by Lutter and a little boring Cote.

Either way, I just don't see GSP performing on Anderson's level
and anderson went ino the third round with gsp's sparring partner that he whipps on every single day hahahahaahahahaahahah

you= hater
Old 03-19-2009, 02:58 AM
pistol-pete

Quote:
I am a hater, but its a valid opinion.
He doesn't get taken down because he is bigger and stronger.(IMO)
It is much harder to take somebody down that is bigger and stronger than you are,
not impossible, but harder.

I don't feel like you pointed anything out that would lead me to believe he has superior technique.
Fitch is probably the biggest 170lber. GSP had zero issues with him. GSP is a big as well, but his wrestling is better than just about anyone elses in mma. Him and Randy are probably equal in that category. Regardless of size of GSP at welterweight, he is going to give up 20 pounds on fight night to Silva.
Old 03-19-2009, 03:55 AM
billythekid2000

GSP has already said, several times, that if he were to fight Silva, he would take a few months to bulk up, so there would not be much of a weight advantage. A bulked up GSP, with the extra strength and size, would beat Silva.

For an idea of how he would look like, bulked up: look at Robbie Lawler at WW and then at MW.
Old 03-19-2009, 04:18 AM
MMeh

I think this would be a great fight, and GSP can (and in my opinion, eventually will) make a successful transition to 185 (the Lawler comparison is on point), but after seeing Sliva take all of 1 mediocre round to solve an Olympic silver medalist in wrestling in Hendo, a guy who was coming down from 205, I have to go with Mr. Anderson in this one. Would be a sweet fight though
Old 03-19-2009, 05:23 AM
Moose

Quote:
4 inches is a lot.
That's not what I've been told.

Sigh.
Old 03-19-2009, 05:34 AM
atomdanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by bj44
and anderson went ino the third round with gsp's sparring partner that he whipps on every single day hahahahaahahahaahahah

you= hater

Cote? lol, come on now. Anderson was goofing off and Cote finished himself,
that fight was a joke.

I am a hater, GSP doesn't deserve,
not based on skills, or on him as a person.
He is dis respectful, and a lame ass.
Old 03-19-2009, 05:34 AM
atomdanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by pistol-pete
Fitch is probably the biggest 170lber. GSP had zero issues with him. GSP is a big as well, but his wrestling is better than just about anyone elses in mma. Him and Randy are probably equal in that category. Regardless of size of GSP at welterweight, he is going to give up 20 pounds on fight night to Silva.
GSP had zero issues? He couldn't put him away.
So he has issues finishing.

and why? Because Fitch is so big.