Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Old 03-18-2009, 06:56 PM
Crisco

Default A. Silva Vs GSP

I think this fight is bigger then GSP Vs Penn...

If GSP beats Alves and Silva beats winner of Bisping v Hendo Dana should try and make it happen.

These guys need to fight before Anderson retires... I'd pay $100 bucks for that PPV.
Old 03-18-2009, 07:26 PM
rearnakedchoke

well, you are going to have the gsp haters on here saying gsp will get whipped in this fight .. i just don't think it is that easy .. he very well could, but the way i see it, gsp has the best takedowns, a silva's td defense isn't the best ... if gsp is gonna win, he needs to takedown a silva, keep him there and score .. but in the end, i think a silva's size would be the difference .. but this fight would be closer than say the penn/gsp superfight
Old 03-18-2009, 07:33 PM
atomdanger

GSP wins fights because he is bigger, stronger, etc...

But he certainly won't be bigger and stronger than Anderson, I don't see him having better technique anywhere.
A very tough fight, and I don't see GSP being nearly as impressive lately to even challenge Anderson.

GSP has gone to the end of the 4th with a tiny out of shape BJ, and had vasoline on his body, before that he went to a decision with Fitch, hell, in the rematch Matt Serra almost made the third round.
He just isn't walking through guys like Anderson is.

Anderson has walked through everybody he has fought in the UFC, minus a hickup of getting mounted by Lutter and a little boring Cote.

Either way, I just don't see GSP performing on Anderson's level
Old 03-18-2009, 07:56 PM
Crisco

Quote:
Originally Posted by atomdanger

But he certainly won't be bigger and stronger than Anderson, I don't see him having better technique anywhere.
A very tough fight, and I don't see GSP being nearly as impressive lately to even challenge Anderson.

GSP has gone to the end of the 4th with a tiny out of shape BJ, and had vasoline on his body, before that he went to a decision with Fitch, hell, in the rematch Matt Serra almost made the third round.

Anderson has walked through everybody he has fought in the UFC, minus a hickup of getting mounted by Lutter and a little boring Cote.

That's because GSP fights differently then Anderson. He grinds his opponents out.
GSP COMPLETELY DOMINATES he may not finish as fast as Anderson though.

GSP's wrestling would be a huge advantage for him he has like an 80% take down rate.

I think GSP takes the decision via multiple takedowns.

It's not all about size... GSP has excellent technique and the dude is still gorilla strong. I think he will be stronger then Anderson.
Old 03-18-2009, 08:04 PM
rearnakedchoke

Quote:

if you think gsp only wins fights because he is bigger and stronger, than you are just a hater ... he has the best mma wrestling in the sport, i can't remember him being taken down from the stand-up since the first matt fight, he has been rocked once, and that was buy serra, sure, i would put anderson as the favourite, but i wouldn't count out gsp ....
Old 03-18-2009, 08:20 PM
County Mike

I'd pick GSP in this fight.
Old 03-18-2009, 08:36 PM
atomdanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by rearnakedchoke
if you think gsp only wins fights because he is bigger and stronger, than you are just a hater ... he has the best mma wrestling in the sport, i can't remember him being taken down from the stand-up since the first matt fight, he has been rocked once, and that was buy serra, sure, i would put anderson as the favourite, but i wouldn't count out gsp ....
I am a hater, but its a valid opinion.
He doesn't get taken down because he is bigger and stronger.(IMO)
It is much harder to take somebody down that is bigger and stronger than you are,
not impossible, but harder.

I don't feel like you pointed anything out that would lead me to believe he has superior technique.
Old 03-18-2009, 08:42 PM
County Mike

Quote:
I am a hater, but its a valid opinion.
He doesn't get taken down because he is bigger and stronger.(IMO)
It is much harder to take somebody down that is bigger and stronger than you are,
not impossible, but harder.

I don't feel like you pointed anything out that would lead me to believe he has superior technique.
Not true. We have some top notch wrestlers in our camp. They are smaller than I am but have no trouble taking me down. They might have trouble getting me into a submission, but at their level, takedowns are not a problem.

Bigger/Stronger has nothing to do with it - or at least, very little.
Old 03-18-2009, 09:12 PM
Crisco

Silva only has 4 inches on GSP.

As far as strength goes GSP said he would only take the fight if he had plenty of time to train and put on more muscle.

So that means GSP would be even stronger then he is now with near perfect technique in the takedown.

You are a self admitted hater Atom so the only real way to solve the riddle is to have them fight.

I'll pre-sig bet that fight too. I take GSP.
Old 03-18-2009, 09:18 PM
Max

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crisco
Silva only has 4 inches on GSP.

As far as strength goes GSP said he would only take the fight if he had plenty of time to train and put on more muscle.

So that means GSP would be even stronger then he is now with near perfect technique in the takedown.

You are a self admitted hater Atom so the only real way to solve the riddle is to have them fight.

I'll pre-sig bet that fight too. I take GSP.
So GSP needs time so he can take even more HGH. If that fight ever happens I will put a sig bet on it. IMO I dont think that fight will be close at all. I think Silva kills him.