Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > Politics

Old 01-04-2012, 04:49 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Default Results of Iowa State Republican Caucus

Yesterday the Citizens of the State of Iowa were asked to decide which of the six Republican Candidates they wanted to back as the Presidential Candidate

The State has spoken.

Iowa State has decided to back Mitt Romney....But incase you are wondering, the gap between poll and second place for Rick Santorum is LESS then TEN votes

Ron Paul came Third. Newt Whats-his-chops came Fourth, Rick Perry came Penultamate and that Woman came last...and because of that she has decided she doesnt want to be President anymore and pulled out
Old 01-04-2012, 04:53 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

meanwhile Sole Candidate and Current sitting President addressed Democrat Caucauses via Video Link. Democracy is fantastic when your the sole nomination for your party I suppose...Sucks to be a Democrat if you dont like Barack Obama at times like these I would have thought.
Old 01-04-2012, 05:01 PM
Miss Foxy

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 01-04-2012, 05:23 PM
rearnakedchoke

i doubt the GOP will be able to get anyone who can derail BHO ... but we shall see ..
Old 01-04-2012, 05:38 PM
Miss Foxy

Quote:
Originally Posted by rearnakedchoke View Post
i doubt the GOP will be able to get anyone who can derail BHO ... but we shall see ..
Good thing your vote or lack of vote won't affect the GOP.. Regardless of what you the Canadian says Americans don't like the change...Most are realizing they were played like fools. We will take the nation back. He's not that popular maybe in Compton or Harlem, but Americans really don't march to his beat.
Old 01-04-2012, 05:41 PM
rearnakedchoke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Foxy View Post
Good thing your vote or lack of vote won't affect the GOP.. Regardless of what you the Canadian says Americans don't like the change...Most are realizing they were played like fools. We will take the nation back. He's not that popular maybe in Compton or Harlem, but Americans really don't march to his beat.
ok
Old 01-04-2012, 05:55 PM

last night at midnight it showed 100 percent reporting and it had santorum up by 34 votes this morning it had romney winning by 8 votes

semms a little fishy to me

anyways, romney didn't get anymore support than he did four years ago, so that is not a good sign, he spent oodles of money of negative ads here in iowa and i never saw a single santorum ad on tv. so the real winner is santorum, by a landslide, if romney can't win iowa with all the money he had and spent here, then i don't think he can beat barack.... santorum on the other hand basically won with no money against the establishments candidate and it is pretty well a given that all who voted for bachmann would gave voted for santorum and most of the people that voted for perry and gingrich would have too, so i think the results are a very poor indication of who should be the nominee
Old 01-04-2012, 07:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamt View Post
last night at midnight it showed 100 percent reporting and it had santorum up by 34 votes this morning it had romney winning by 8 votes

semms a little fishy to me

anyways, romney didn't get anymore support than he did four years ago, so that is not a good sign, he spent oodles of money of negative ads here in iowa and i never saw a single santorum ad on tv. so the real winner is santorum, by a landslide, if romney can't win iowa with all the money he had and spent here, then i don't think he can beat barack.... santorum on the other hand basically won with no money against the establishments candidate and it is pretty well a given that all who voted for bachmann would gave voted for santorum and most of the people that voted for perry and gingrich would have too, so i think the results are a very poor indication of who should be the nominee
Adam, all the polls have consistently showed Romney as the candidate that would best unseat Obama.

As far as the closeness of the race, I could equally say that Santorum was the big loser as he has spent most of his time and money there, visited every single county - some more than once - whereas Romney spent little time and money there.

Take a look at the polls.

Rejoice ever more. 1 Thessalonians 5:16

Last edited by flo; 01-04-2012 at 08:00 PM.
Old 01-04-2012, 08:46 PM
Chris F

Biggest loser is the American people. Real conservatives will not vote for Mitt. So they will either no show or vote third party thus ensuring another 4 years of Obama
Old 01-04-2012, 08:53 PM
Miss Foxy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris F View Post
Biggest loser is the American people. Real conservatives will not vote for Mitt. So they will either no show or vote third party thus ensuring another 4 years of Obama
Perhaps, but there are plenty of moderate Republicans who will ..