Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > MMA

Old 01-23-2009, 03:33 PM
Matt-4; GJJ Black Belts-0

Default Fighters you don't care for....

And why..
Quote:
Tyburn -

Fighters I dont care for include, Georges Saint Pierre, Baby Jay Penn, Matt Serra, and Renato Sobral.
Care to explain? /me ducks...
Old 01-23-2009, 03:45 PM
Liam

I'm guessing Dave doesn't like Sobral for holding the choke, and Serra for being his loud mouth self, can't really remember reasons for bj/gsp though
Old 01-23-2009, 04:19 PM
Matt-4; GJJ Black Belts-0

I don't care at all for Rashad..He is a nowhere near a great person in the cage.
I don't care for Baby Jay.. He is too full of himself (though the 'huggers cause most of it)

I don't care for Anthony Johnson .. Trying to make his "bones" off Matt Hughes.. Be a better fighter before you call Da Man out.

I don't care for Brandon Vera .. On his UFC Fight Night debute he said he would hold both the HW and LHW at the same time and called out Chuck (this was at the height of Chuck's populairty). I know that this was a long time ago, but I can't get by it for some reason. And he just dosen't impress me.

ANY fighter who doesn't make weight... though I would be willing to give a pass on a one time deal.. (Gina gets a pass.. just cause she is hot.. and half the time they don't let her make a second try).

Other fighters I don't care for are the hype fighters (Kevin Furgeson/Bock Lesnar).. but that's more the people that are pushing the hype than the actual fighter.. Brock is good.. but not a Champion..They need a new class for him.. Kevin is a basic fighter than will get better ...just like Brock.
Old 01-23-2009, 04:47 PM
TheConcretekid

Evans

He thinks hes a Ali and/or someother great heavyweight boxer from yester year:
He calls himself Sugar, a common boxing nickname. (Sugar Ray Leonard, Sugar Shane Mosley, Sugar Ray Robbinson)
He showed up to a press conference in a cream suit when the rest of the fighters had jeans and a t-shirt
He tries to be a vocal and slick as Ali but fails, miserably.
For example, heres a quote after he got his ass kicked for 2 rounds and then caught Forest in the 3rd:
"Sometimes I rhyme slow, sometimes I rhyme quick (which is a lyric from a rap song) I guess today I was just really slow"

He thinks way to highly of himself, I cant wait for his first (read: lastO title defense
Old 01-23-2009, 04:56 PM
Country Breakfast

Don't Care For....
1.Kimbo Slice
2.Keith Jardine
3.Roger Huerta
4.Matt Serra
5.Mark Coleman
6.Melvin Guillard
7.Junie Browning
Old 01-23-2009, 05:28 PM
TheConcretekid

Oh yeah:
Junie and Nate/Nick Diaz - for being arrogant pricks.
and:
Diego Sanchez - for his stupid dirt 'stache and thinking he's the karate kid

and since this is 'fighters you dont care for'
Lyoto, Jardine, Bonner.... I dont hate them or their styles, I just dont care for them

ok, i think thats it
Old 01-23-2009, 05:43 PM
timmyja

Gray Maynard, for consistently dryhumping his opponents to a decision

Yuahin Okami, see above
Old 01-23-2009, 06:15 PM
mikthehick

I don't like Matt Serra, he's a prick.

He also is pretty much only famous for his mouth, and people love hype, so I can see why Dana would sign him up b/c if there is hype, you'll sell more PPVs and fight tickets.....but that doesn't make him a fighter.

Training hard, setting a good example for others, serving others through charity work, supporting your family, and serving God above everything are what makes a fighter truly great in my eyes.

Which is why I also can't understand why one of my best friends really likes Matt Serra. She and her hubby (whose house I live in), watched TUF 6 and they thought Matt Serra was likable and she doesn't like MH. I almost moved out of the basement, jk, but still, it was a tough point for awhile there.....

Sorry, but fluke knocking out GSP once should not give Serra a top 10 spot. If anyone with a brain saw recent pictures of him, he's really let himself go and I can totally agree and concur why Matt does not like him after what he's said and done. So I hope Matt knocks him out at 98 in Vegas
Old 01-23-2009, 06:49 PM
atomdanger

For various reasons...
(personal experience's, attitude, and just for no good reason)

Faber
Stann
Leben
T. Sylvia
Rampage
Chuck
Kimbo

just those guys off the top of my head
Old 01-23-2009, 07:12 PM
rearnakedchoke

Tim Sylvia - no one is bigger than the sport and when he said to Dana, if he is not the main event he would fake an injury, well, right there he lost any chances of me liking him ...
Bj Penn ... same thing .. but guy talks too much .. i like watching him fight and respect his abilities, but when he talks about wanting to kill people, insinuating people take steroids with no proof, holds chokes well, that is just a bad sportsman .. i can give him a pass for certain things (like throwing a knee to joe daddy's head on the ground) because stuff like that happens in the heat of battle .. the other stuff is not so forgiveable ...
Matt Linland - take a shower .. i can't stand the fact that he will intentionally come in stinking, be proud of it and use it as a tactic in mma
Michael Bisping - Got a gift in the decision against Hamill then proceeded to act like a jerk "Go back to wrestling" or whatever he said ... can't wait to see him lose
Tito Ortiz - Mr. Excuse himself .. have an excuse or two, but this guy can write a book of excuses ... and really, who has he beat other than Ken Shamrock in the last little while ... i hope he doesn't blab about himself on the afflication commentating