Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Old 12-21-2011, 06:18 PM
Allons-y

Send a message via AIM to VCURamFan
Default 'Mayhem' Miller on Performance Against Michael Bisping: 'Dana White Was Right'

From MMAFighting.com:

Quote:
Jason "Mayhem" Miller has opened up for the first time since his loss to Michael Bisping at the The Ultimate Fighter 14 Finale.

In a blog post on his Web site entitled "Push Positive," Miller agreed with UFC president Dana White's critical assessment of his performance against Bisping and vowed to focus on the positives that came out of the loss.

"Dana White was right," Miller wrote. "He made some disparaging comments about my performance, and I agree with him. I displayed the worst of everything that night in the octagon. I was tense in round one and I locked up after that. I didn't perform to my potential, and I take full responsibility for it. That wasn't a UFC caliber performance, and I'm not happy about it- I won't, however, write a worthless diatribe on myself, because that is not constructive. I elect instead to take this misstep and make something positive out of it."

Miller's blog post is an honest and refreshing read. I suggest taking some time out to read it.

The UFC has yet to announce when the 30-year-old Miller, who's currently in Holland training with Team Golden Glory, will fight again.
Old 12-21-2011, 06:20 PM
Super Moderator

Love that crazy dude. I'm glad he's not making up whiney excuses for the loss and poor performance.

~Amy

My son made this for me:
Old 12-21-2011, 06:20 PM
Allons-y

Send a message via AIM to VCURamFan

Here's his blog in its entirety:

Quote:
Push Positive

December 20, 2011 ó adventure, Fight, story

As someone who goes to my website, you are well aware that I lost my recent fight. I am very disappointed about it, but have used the past couple weeks to reflect on everything and have come to some conclusions.

Dana White was right. He made some disparaging comments about my performance, and I agree with him. I displayed the worst of everything that night in the octagon. I was tense in round one and I locked up after that. I didnít perform to my potential, and I take full responsibility for it. That wasnít a UFC caliber performance, and Iím not happy about it- I wonít, however, write a worthless diatribe on myself, because that is not constructive. I elect instead to take this misstep and make something positive out of it.

We are all the custodians of our own destinies, and we must all try to do the absolute best with what we have to work with- sometimes you will have great successes and other times colossal failure, but if you donít try time and time again, you will be left on your couch with nothing but a bucket of ďWhat-ifs.Ē You have no choice in this life but to push forward and try to do the best you can.

My challenge to you, and myself, is to continue to press on and make the most of your adventure here on earth. At the end of your life you want to be sure that youíve made your best effort to make a collection of epic stories. Some sorrowful ones, some happy ones and some downright amazing, but the challenge for you is to find and make the most of each of these adventures.

I made a lot of mistakes in this story- during the camp, during the fight- but the key to living life is learning from your mistakes and making positive change. I feel very positive right now, and I hope you feel the same way, I would be absolutely nothing without persistence and positive thinking, and if there is anything i want you to take from my blog it is that mentality. I will continue on this amazing journey, looking to make the most epic stories that I can.

Currently Iím in Holland, working on my kickboxing with Siyar Badaharzada (@siyarthekiller) and one of the greatest MMA trainers in the world, Martijn De Jong (@martijndej) as well as teaching here in Europe.

I canít tell you how much it means to me that you support me through good times and bad- but I can say that I will put every bit of effort I can muster to succeed in every area of my life, and I hope youíll be right there to watch.
Old 12-21-2011, 06:39 PM

Nice to see him taking the criticism to heart and giving an honest self-assessment. What a great guy! I'm still a fan and hope that he gets back on track to fight again in the UFC.

Rejoice ever more. 1 Thessalonians 5:16
Old 12-21-2011, 07:24 PM
Miss Foxy

I have mixed emotions. Sure his little speech is nice, however he used to tweet me often making fun of the Bisp.. Kinda makes me wonder had he won how would he have treated Michael? I get what he's saying. Hopefully he will be back for is fans.. Oh and don't get me started on Siyar can't stand that jerk.. His big UFC debut and he's now "injured."
Old 12-21-2011, 07:46 PM
rearnakedchoke

mayhem has to save face after such a poor performance ... he really needs a good fight next or he'll be out on his butt ...