Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > Politics

Old 12-16-2011, 09:38 PM

Default Rogan endorses Ron Paul

Quote:
Rep. Ron Paul has picked up the endorsement of the baddest reality show host on TV: Fear Factor's Joe Rogan.

Back on NBC, Fear Factor is the show that puts competing couples in ugly and sometimes scary situations, like in a bed of snakes.

This week, in an interview on nationally syndicated America's Morning News, Rogan was talking up his return when co-host John McCaslin asked what scary situation would he like to put the Republican presidential candidates in.

Without hesitating, Rogan said, "the stunt would be elect Ron Paul."

Rogan called Paul "the only guy who is saying anything that makes any sense whatsoever."

Rogan might be on to something. Paul continues to surge in polls.

But Rogan added that voting might just be a waste of time in today's politics. "At this point in my life, I feel like voting for president is a lot like rooting on professional wrestling. It might make you feel better, but I'm not sure it effects the outcome that much."

Courtesy of USNews.com

Rejoice ever more. 1 Thessalonians 5:16
Old 12-16-2011, 10:19 PM
Chris F

Not surprised considering his policy on drugs. Rogan would love it if Paul won.
Old 12-16-2011, 11:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris F View Post
Not surprised considering his policy on drugs. Rogan would love it if Paul won.
I was thinking the same thing, Chris!

I think Rogan's endorsement is about as important to Dr. Paul as Christine O'Donnell's is to Gov. Romney.

Old 12-17-2011, 03:28 AM
matthughesfan21

The drug stance by Paul influences Rogan here..But looking at the other candidates, it's not a ridiculous endorsement...Obama has been terrible and the other Republican candidates are doing themselves no favors...Paul has some strange ideas, but he also has some very good ones...I doubt he will ever get the nomination because he is just a little too different..The lobbyists that control DC would never allow it
Old 01-03-2012, 10:18 PM
3dlee

the manlove for Joe Rogan from me has just increased 100 fold. a little background on me, 24 year old white male making less than the median income for my area. highschool graduate about to start college. totally against drugs- i have struggled with them before. i do believe putting sick people in prison is a strange concept. help the addicts recover, the drug dealers will fall. and i am a fiscal conservative/constituionalist. leave most issues to the states. a state with really low unemployment rates may be able to afford more regulation than those with really high unemployment. i am a free enterprise guy, but i understand we cant dump nuclear waste in the ocean. War RON PAUL /ronpaul<3rant
Old 01-04-2012, 01:44 AM
County Mike

Every little bit helps. I hope Ron Paul gets the Republican nomination.
Old 01-04-2012, 02:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by County Mike View Post
Every little bit helps. I hope Ron Paul gets the Republican nomination.
Mike, say it isn't so!!

If Ron Paul got the nomination, it would be Obama's fondest dream, he'd win re-election in a landslide.

Santorum and Paul will never get the nomination, Miss Cleo said so.

Old 01-04-2012, 03:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3dlee View Post
War RON PAUL /ronpaul<3rant
An image is starting to form in my mind, 3dlee...

tee hee, just kidding, I'm getting giddy from watching these boring Iowa caucus returns for the last several hours

Old 01-04-2012, 12:45 PM
County Mike

Quote:
Originally Posted by flo View Post
Mike, say it isn't so!!

If Ron Paul got the nomination, it would be Obama's fondest dream, he'd win re-election in a landslide.

Santorum and Paul will never get the nomination, Miss Cleo said so.
Unfortunately, in an election year when the Republicans need it the most, they have zero candidates with any real charm. Since most of the American public votes on charisma instead of ability to do the job, I think we're screwed again. I really wish Allen West would have run.
Old 01-04-2012, 03:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by County Mike View Post
Unfortunately, in an election year when the Republicans need it the most, they have zero candidates with any real charm. Since most of the American public votes on charisma instead of ability to do the job, I think we're screwed again. I really wish Allen West would have run.
Well, I'd say Mitt Romney has plenty of charm! But I hear what you're saying about charisma. Marco Rubio, Paul Ryan, Chris Christie, Allen West - they are all very charismatic and would generate a lot of excitement as Obama did in 2008, in my opinion.

None of my favorites ran but I still think Mitt will beat Obama and at this stage, that's what is important to me - to send the Chicago community organizer back home.