Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > The Woodshed

Old 12-15-2011, 08:41 PM
bradwright

Quote:
Originally Posted by VCURamFan View Post
No, I understand you're not trying to piss anyone off & I'm not trying to bait you into starting anything. I just wanted to make sure that I understood what your position was before starting a discussion about it. Would be kinda crazy to go off full-tilt on a "flaw" if you didn't actually believe in that, right?
right.
Old 12-15-2011, 08:42 PM
Allons-y

Send a message via AIM to VCURamFan

Tell you what, I'm about to leave work & don't have time to craft a response right now. On top of that, I don't wanna de-rail this thread. When I've got a little more time at home, I'm gonna start a new thread in the Christianity section about it.

If you're interested, that is.
Old 12-15-2011, 08:50 PM
bradwright

Quote:
Originally Posted by VCURamFan View Post
Tell you what, I'm about to leave work & don't have time to craft a response right now. On top of that, I don't wanna de-rail this thread. When I've got a little more time at home, I'm gonna start a new thread in the Christianity section about it.

If you're interested, that is.
yes Ben i'm interested in what you,Nate and some others have to say on the subject but i dont want to fight about it.
Old 12-15-2011, 08:59 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradwright View Post
yes but when Jesus was on earth he was a separate entity from God and had free will of mind and body.
so to me the only time Jesus existed was when he was on earth.

i am not telling this to you Ben to try and offend anyone...its just how i see it.
That's definitely not the story that the Bible teaches. Jesus was fully man and fully GOD in a way that we will probably never understand.

According to John chapter 1, Jesus existed in the eternity before creation and was actually responsible for the creation of the entire universe.

There are three beings in the Trinity, but the Trinity is still One GOD. They have distinct personalities, but They are still a part of the same Entity. If you have trouble understanding that, then join the club. It's not really possible for finite beings to fully comprehend an infinite GOD. We might understand it when we get to Heaven, but for right now, it's impossible. However, inability to understand is no excuse for unbelief.
Old 12-15-2011, 09:15 PM
bradwright

Quote:
Originally Posted by NateR View Post
That's definitely not the story that the Bible teaches. Jesus was fully man and fully GOD in a way that we will probably never understand.

According to John chapter 1, Jesus existed in the eternity before creation and was actually responsible for the creation of the entire universe.

There are three beings in the Trinity, but the Trinity is still One GOD. They have distinct personalities, but They are still a part of the same Entity. If you have trouble understanding that, then join the club. It's not really possible for finite beings to fully comprehend an infinite GOD. We might understand it when we get to Heaven, but for right now, it's impossible. However, inability to understand is no excuse for unbelief.
but i do believe in GOD,Jesus and the holy spirit.

but to me GOD is the holy spirit and the holy spirit is GOD.

But Jesus although part of GOD before his life on earth and after his death,never exsisted as Jesus other then on earth.
Old 12-15-2011, 09:29 PM
Chris F

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiritwalker View Post
But to people of more moral integrity it is news sir.
Burden of proof is on you moron.

Maybe I am just more polite that "others"

a. Just read it.. (oh yeah.. you have.. so what does that tell me?? You didn't comprehend) I gave you the page even... 132 and so on....
b.didn't know we were in court
c. I didn't tell Nate anything.. cause.. well.. he hadn't posted anything when I made my first post... or my second. Kinda difficult to show something to someone that hasn't even showed up yet...
d. Truth is.. you and many other people... read headlines.. and that's about it.

More on this later...
Sorry SW I cannot help how you take something. It does not imply anything toward you. As for burden of proof moron comment that was indeed directed to you and a honest assessment considering your unwillingness to be honest about it.

a- sure and where from pg 132 and so on does it say anything that bestiality was not part of the deal? Basically prove it is perfectly fine to allow the military to have sex with animals.

b-when to people discuss or debate there are a few rules of logic one should follow. You seems to want to play by another set of rules. Sorry son but it does not work that way. You want to play with the big boys you need to follow the rules sir.

c- you did say more on this later on an earlie post. So if that was not directed to Nate than so be it. But you did say it.

d-you do not know me from adam and you are wrong about me. I am anal about information and dig into everything. As a historian and theologian I never accept anything without care dissection and proper context. So for the third time SW show us the evidence and be honest with yourself.
Old 12-15-2011, 09:30 PM
Administrator

Quote:

But Jesus although part of GOD before his life on earth and after his death,never exsisted as Jesus other then on earth.
What scriptures would you use to back up these beliefs?
Old 12-15-2011, 09:40 PM
Chris F

Quote:

brad I see you rpoint brother and I think you are just a little misunderstood. For example like you said how can Jesus sit at the right hand of the father if he is God. Or how is he an advocate to the father on our behalf but still the father as well. The answer is that is his nature. I Chris am a Father, husband, minister. In all those duties I operate in different terms of my nature but I am still just Chris. He is God in three persons. The Holy Spirit is currently here on earth in a separate person but it is still God. What you are advocating is three separate Gods is they are not 3 in one and that does not work in Christian theology. What you are saying here is what the Mormonism believe (the trinity is an office held by 3 separate Gods). Another example is time. Time is past, present, and future but there is not 3 times but one time.
Old 12-15-2011, 09:42 PM
bradwright

Quote:
Originally Posted by NateR View Post
What scriptures would you use to back up these beliefs?
i dont have one that would defend my position...at least not one i know of.
but seeing as how you are asking i think i could safely assume there isn't one.

but that still doesn't mean i dont believe it.

you and i Nate believe different things for different reasons..

not saying i'm right and you are wrong...just different.
Old 12-15-2011, 09:51 PM
Chris F

Quote:
i dont have one that would defend my position...at least not one i know of.
but seeing as how you are asking i think i could safely assume there isn't one.

but that still doesn't mean i dont believe it.

you and i Nate believe different things for different reasons..

not saying i'm right and you are wrong...just different.
true brad but in Christianity there can be no grey. The bible is the only source we cannot trust our own hearts and minds to comprehend God. We must accept or reject the authority of scripture. When we leave it up to our own thinking we cause false doctrine to ran rampant. If this were say women speaking in church, drinking, speaking in tongues than one can say hey we are just different. But and heaven or hell issue like this one cannot simply be different. This is a core doctrine.