Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Old 12-12-2011, 11:41 PM
Miss Foxy

Default Dan Miller

Dan Miller's Son is Scheduled for Surgery
Posted by George H. Sirois on 12.10.2011

Both Dana White and Lorenzo Fertitta provided large donations...

AMA trainer Mike Constantino spoke to MMAJunkie.com about the upcoming scheduled surgery for Dan Miller's son and about the donations sent in by Dana White and Lorenzo Fertitta. Miller's son Daniel James Miller is 1 year old and needs a kidney transplant.

About Dana and Lorenzo's donations: "Zuffa went above and beyond to make sure that Daniel James Miller and his aunt Kathy, who will be the living donor, will have the absolute best health care and the funding possible to make the surgery happen. In addition to that, Dana and Lorenzo also made a substantial donation to the Daniel James Miller Foundation."

"I would like to thank Dana and Lorenzo for reaching out to help Dan Miller and his family. Zuffa has proven time and time again that they take care of their own, and they should be recognized for that. These are the things that make being a part of the UFC family so special. I would also personally like to thank Reed Harris who was very instrumental in this and it is very reassuring to hear from him that the UFC has our back no matter how tall the obstacle."
Old 12-12-2011, 11:42 PM
Miss Foxy

My thoughts and prayers are with the Miller family.. Also touched that Dana/Lorenzo, and the entire UFC family/fans have stepped up for this little guy. I pray his surgery is successful.
Old 12-12-2011, 11:44 PM
rearnakedchoke

what was that? dana doesn't care about the fighters but only his wallet??? yeah .. not many other leagues would do this for their athletes ..
Old 12-12-2011, 11:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Foxy View Post
My thoughts and prayers are with the Miller family.. Also touched that Dana/Lorenzo, and the entire UFC family/fans have stepped up for this little guy. I pray his surgery is successful.
I feel just the same, Foxy.

There is also a good soul here on the forums that has supported the Miller family during this difficult time. God Bless.

Rejoice ever more. 1 Thessalonians 5:16
Old 12-13-2011, 07:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Foxy View Post
Dan Miller's Son is Scheduled for Surgery
Posted by George H. Sirois on 12.10.2011

Both Dana White and Lorenzo Fertitta provided large donations...

AMA trainer Mike Constantino spoke to MMAJunkie.com about the upcoming scheduled surgery for Dan Miller's son and about the donations sent in by Dana White and Lorenzo Fertitta. Miller's son Daniel James Miller is 1 year old and needs a kidney transplant.

About Dana and Lorenzo's donations: "Zuffa went above and beyond to make sure that Daniel James Miller and his aunt Kathy, who will be the living donor, will have the absolute best health care and the funding possible to make the surgery happen. In addition to that, Dana and Lorenzo also made a substantial donation to the Daniel James Miller Foundation."

"I would like to thank Dana and Lorenzo for reaching out to help Dan Miller and his family. Zuffa has proven time and time again that they take care of their own, and they should be recognized for that. These are the things that make being a part of the UFC family so special. I would also personally like to thank Reed Harris who was very instrumental in this and it is very reassuring to hear from him that the UFC has our back no matter how tall the obstacle."

This reminds me of a funny story I read. About a month ago, an MMA website was selling "Chocolate Al" t-shirts to benefit the Daniel James Miller Foundation. And who is "Chocolate Al'? Say the name fast a few times before you click on the link:
http://www.cagepotato.com/and-now-yo...ungest-reader/

Unfortunately, I think the "Chocolate Al" t-shirts are sold out. However, you can still make a Christmas donation to help with the costs of the transplant here: http://danieljamesmillerfoundation.w...how-to-donate/
Old 12-13-2011, 08:06 AM

A little background:

This is Dan Miller's Family, including his son

A normal kidney is on the left. His son's kidney likely resembles the kidney on the right.

They are accepting donations here: http://danieljamesmillerfoundation.w...how-to-donate/

Old 12-13-2011, 03:47 PM
Miss Foxy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Play The Man View Post
A little background:

This is Dan Miller's Family, including his son

A normal kidney is on the left. His son's kidney likely resembles the kidney on the right.

They are accepting donations here: http://danieljamesmillerfoundation.w...how-to-donate/

Old 12-13-2011, 06:00 PM

He is such a Nice guy too... I hope Everything goes well.
It's so upsetting to know a little baby has to endure pain.
Old 01-23-2012, 07:38 PM
MMA, VCU, & Doctor Who

Send a message via AIM to VCURamFan

Just heard on the MMA Hour (Ariel's interviewing Jim Miller right now) that Danny Jr. has an infection from the dialysis, has been sedated for about 10 days & had a stroke about a week ago. He was moved to Philly & the transplant is on hold until he recovers from the stroke & the infection clears up.
Old 01-23-2012, 07:48 PM
Miss Foxy

Quote:
Originally Posted by VCURamFan View Post
Just heard on the MMA Hour (Ariel's interviewing Jim Miller right now) that Danny Jr. has an infection from the dialysis, has been sedated for about 10 days & had a stroke about a week ago. He was moved to Philly & the transplant is on hold until he recovers from the stroke & the infection clears up.
Thanks for letting us know.
I feel so sad.. I can't imagine how his parents are feeling..Poor baby...