Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Old 12-13-2011, 03:04 AM
Matt-4; GJJ Black Belts-0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Foxy View Post
As if....Diaz don't go down easily he loves to be hit..
Not touching this one!!! .. toooo easy....

But like I said.. Diaz.. who I do NOT like.. smokes GSP... and now.. will really put a hurting on Carlos... who I like also....
Old 12-13-2011, 03:24 AM
MMA, VCU, & Doctor Who

Send a message via AIM to VCURamFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by JavierDLC View Post
I agree with mostly everything you just said

Nothing wrong with that but I think it would be more entertaining if he was just an Antagonist
Haha, I agree that he'd be even more polarizing, absolutely.

Quote:
Originally Posted by F34R View Post
There's nothing really to hate about they guy so they make stuff up lol.
It's not that they want to hate him, it's that they want to relate to him. When you never get to see someone's flaws, it's hard to see them as a real person. It's like the Stepford wives.

I disagree, but I get it.
Old 12-13-2011, 03:56 AM
Hughes fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max View Post
thats kind of a dick move.
He has a good point. I respect his action to deny them an autograph for a fake belt.

Please consider England in your prayers!

http://www.intercessuk.org/iuk3/
Old 12-13-2011, 12:03 PM
Buc Nasty

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHITOWNHUGHESFAN View Post
Snip
You stole my sig! Lol
Old 12-13-2011, 01:14 PM
rearnakedchoke

Quote:
Originally Posted by F34R View Post
There's nothing really to hate about they guy so they make stuff up lol.
what do you mean ... when he got dq'd in the hamill fight, he was like, oh this is a learning experience blah blah blah .. when he was given the title shot, he was like, oh, this is such an honour to fight for the belt .. when he was getting ready for the fight against shogun, he stopped a robbery from happening .. there is nothing to like about the guy!!!
Old 12-13-2011, 04:38 PM
I'm kind of a big deal

Quote:
Originally Posted by rearnakedchoke View Post
what do you mean ... when he got dq'd in the hamill fight, he was like, oh this is a learning experience blah blah blah .. when he was given the title shot, he was like, oh, this is such an honour to fight for the belt .. when he was getting ready for the fight against shogun, he stopped a robbery from happening .. there is nothing to like about the guy!!!
I started breaking this quote down piece by piece and replying to it and realized this has to be sarcasm?!
Old 12-14-2011, 03:53 PM
Primadawn

I'm surprised by the Bones-hate on here...or anywhere, frankly. I totally get the whole "he just rubs me the wrong way" thing, because I have fighters that I feel that way about too.

But I like Jones for many of the same reasons I like Hughes. He's a Christian, seems to have actual morals, DOESN'T talk a lot of crap, seems really honest and genuine...etc. I loved in his interview before the fight with Rampage, when he told Rampage "You were trying to get in my head...and it worked!"

Jones is from Endicott, NY, which is the area I just moved from. I have personal friends who know HIM personally and everything they say backs up that he IS exactly how he comes across. We all have flaws, but for some, they're not as obvious as drug problems or white-collar crime. That doesn't mean Jones is any less "real".

As to the original post--that's all on Jackson, not Jones. I don't think Jones has any shortage of fans!
Old 12-15-2011, 01:33 PM
rearnakedchoke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Primadawn View Post
I'm surprised by the Bones-hate on here...or anywhere, frankly. I totally get the whole "he just rubs me the wrong way" thing, because I have fighters that I feel that way about too.

But I like Jones for many of the same reasons I like Hughes. He's a Christian, seems to have actual morals, DOESN'T talk a lot of crap, seems really honest and genuine...etc. I loved in his interview before the fight with Rampage, when he told Rampage "You were trying to get in my head...and it worked!"

Jones is from Endicott, NY, which is the area I just moved from. I have personal friends who know HIM personally and everything they say backs up that he IS exactly how he comes across. We all have flaws, but for some, they're not as obvious as drug problems or white-collar crime. That doesn't mean Jones is any less "real".

As to the original post--that's all on Jackson, not Jones. I don't think Jones has any shortage of fans!
i wouldn't worry too much about the hate jones gets .. if you look at the people that are hating, they are fans of sonnen and bisping .. who's antics include spitting on their opponents corner, money laundering, talking smack and garbage just to get in the spot light .. really?? and they claim that these guys are just acting real .. LOL .. so yeah, jones is all what you mentioned, and if he loses some fans cuz of it, i am sure he won't mind ..
Old 12-15-2011, 05:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockdawg21 View Post
I started breaking this quote down piece by piece and replying to it and realized this has to be sarcasm?!
Ditto.

love your sig, BTW

Rejoice ever more. 1 Thessalonians 5:16
Old 12-15-2011, 07:16 PM

the quote from jackson could be taken so many ways. i think it is hard to judge his actual intent. as in "check on Lyoto; go get some new fans." two separate commands not linked to one another or, "check on Lyoto (so as to) get some new fans." I hope it was the first and probably was. I think if i had just choked out someone as good as Lyoto, I probably wouldn't be thinking just real clearly. That's what a corner is for isn't it? (to see things more objectively and from another point of view when all hell is breaking loose in the cage).