Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #51  
Old 12-13-2011, 03:04 AM
Spiritwalker's Avatar
Spiritwalker Spiritwalker is offline
Matt-4; GJJ Black Belts-0
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Gastonia NC
Posts: 4,339
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Foxy View Post
As if....Diaz don't go down easily he loves to be hit..
Not touching this one!!! .. toooo easy....

But like I said.. Diaz.. who I do NOT like.. smokes GSP... and now.. will really put a hurting on Carlos... who I like also....
__________________
It is because you chose to get on the mat that makes you the winner. Think about how many people are not on that mat right now. - Luis Sucuri Togno
Reply With Quote
  #52  
Old 12-13-2011, 03:24 AM
VCURamFan's Avatar
VCURamFan VCURamFan is offline
MMA, VCU, & Doctor Who
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Basketball Capital of the World
Posts: 14,311
Send a message via AIM to VCURamFan
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JavierDLC View Post
I agree with mostly everything you just said


Nothing wrong with that but I think it would be more entertaining if he was just an Antagonist
Haha, I agree that he'd be even more polarizing, absolutely.

Quote:
Originally Posted by F34R View Post
There's nothing really to hate about they guy so they make stuff up lol.
It's not that they want to hate him, it's that they want to relate to him. When you never get to see someone's flaws, it's hard to see them as a real person. It's like the Stepford wives.

I disagree, but I get it.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #53  
Old 12-13-2011, 03:56 AM
Vizion's Avatar
Vizion Vizion is offline
Hughes fanboy
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 2,214
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max View Post
thats kind of a dick move.
He has a good point. I respect his action to deny them an autograph for a fake belt.
__________________


Please consider England in your prayers!

http://www.intercessuk.org/iuk3/
Reply With Quote
  #54  
Old 12-13-2011, 12:03 PM
Buc Nasty
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHITOWNHUGHESFAN View Post
Snip
You stole my sig! Lol
Reply With Quote
  #55  
Old 12-13-2011, 01:14 PM
rearnakedchoke
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by F34R View Post
There's nothing really to hate about they guy so they make stuff up lol.
what do you mean ... when he got dq'd in the hamill fight, he was like, oh this is a learning experience blah blah blah .. when he was given the title shot, he was like, oh, this is such an honour to fight for the belt .. when he was getting ready for the fight against shogun, he stopped a robbery from happening .. there is nothing to like about the guy!!!
Reply With Quote
  #56  
Old 12-13-2011, 04:38 PM
rockdawg21's Avatar
rockdawg21 rockdawg21 is offline
I'm kind of a big deal
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: San Antonio, TX
Posts: 5,584
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rearnakedchoke View Post
what do you mean ... when he got dq'd in the hamill fight, he was like, oh this is a learning experience blah blah blah .. when he was given the title shot, he was like, oh, this is such an honour to fight for the belt .. when he was getting ready for the fight against shogun, he stopped a robbery from happening .. there is nothing to like about the guy!!!
I started breaking this quote down piece by piece and replying to it and realized this has to be sarcasm?!
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #57  
Old 12-14-2011, 03:53 PM
Primadawn
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

I'm surprised by the Bones-hate on here...or anywhere, frankly. I totally get the whole "he just rubs me the wrong way" thing, because I have fighters that I feel that way about too.

But I like Jones for many of the same reasons I like Hughes. He's a Christian, seems to have actual morals, DOESN'T talk a lot of crap, seems really honest and genuine...etc. I loved in his interview before the fight with Rampage, when he told Rampage "You were trying to get in my head...and it worked!"

Jones is from Endicott, NY, which is the area I just moved from. I have personal friends who know HIM personally and everything they say backs up that he IS exactly how he comes across. We all have flaws, but for some, they're not as obvious as drug problems or white-collar crime. That doesn't mean Jones is any less "real".

As to the original post--that's all on Jackson, not Jones. I don't think Jones has any shortage of fans!
Reply With Quote
  #58  
Old 12-15-2011, 01:33 PM
rearnakedchoke
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Primadawn View Post
I'm surprised by the Bones-hate on here...or anywhere, frankly. I totally get the whole "he just rubs me the wrong way" thing, because I have fighters that I feel that way about too.

But I like Jones for many of the same reasons I like Hughes. He's a Christian, seems to have actual morals, DOESN'T talk a lot of crap, seems really honest and genuine...etc. I loved in his interview before the fight with Rampage, when he told Rampage "You were trying to get in my head...and it worked!"

Jones is from Endicott, NY, which is the area I just moved from. I have personal friends who know HIM personally and everything they say backs up that he IS exactly how he comes across. We all have flaws, but for some, they're not as obvious as drug problems or white-collar crime. That doesn't mean Jones is any less "real".

As to the original post--that's all on Jackson, not Jones. I don't think Jones has any shortage of fans!
i wouldn't worry too much about the hate jones gets .. if you look at the people that are hating, they are fans of sonnen and bisping .. who's antics include spitting on their opponents corner, money laundering, talking smack and garbage just to get in the spot light .. really?? and they claim that these guys are just acting real .. LOL .. so yeah, jones is all what you mentioned, and if he loses some fans cuz of it, i am sure he won't mind ..
Reply With Quote
  #59  
Old 12-15-2011, 05:36 PM
flo's Avatar
flo flo is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: The Great Pacific Northwest
Posts: 7,719
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockdawg21 View Post
I started breaking this quote down piece by piece and replying to it and realized this has to be sarcasm?!
Ditto.


love your sig, BTW
__________________
http://www.matt-hughes.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=339&dateline=13068036  43

Rejoice ever more. 1 Thessalonians 5:16
Reply With Quote
  #60  
Old 12-15-2011, 07:16 PM
amills's Avatar
amills amills is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Southern Missouri
Posts: 67
Default

the quote from jackson could be taken so many ways. i think it is hard to judge his actual intent. as in "check on Lyoto; go get some new fans." two separate commands not linked to one another or, "check on Lyoto (so as to) get some new fans." I hope it was the first and probably was. I think if i had just choked out someone as good as Lyoto, I probably wouldn't be thinking just real clearly. That's what a corner is for isn't it? (to see things more objectively and from another point of view when all hell is breaking loose in the cage).
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 09:58 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.