Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Old 12-12-2011, 02:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamt View Post
dana's is adamant that silva -jones is not happening anytime soon, just read it on mmajunkie
Quote:
Originally Posted by GnP View Post
In fairness to him as amazing as Jones looks you still have to let the others in a very stacked division fight him first. Hando, Rashad, lil nog? Maybe even Phil Davis
In all Honesty Dana doesn't want this fight to happen just the same as he doesnt want the GSP vs Silva fight.

He has 3 big Money Makers in 3 different weight classes why should he sacrifice one for the other? As much as he likes to give the fans the fights that they want he likes Money better... and while I think one of those mega fights would make a lot of money he can make more money out of them being unbeatable in their own weight class.
Old 12-12-2011, 02:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GnP View Post
In fairness to him as amazing as Jones looks you still have to let the others in a very stacked division fight him first. Hando, Rashad, lil nog? Maybe even Phil Davis
Quote:
Originally Posted by JavierDLC View Post
In all Honesty Dana doesn't want this fight to happen just the same as he doesnt want the GSP vs Silva fight.

He has 3 big Money Makers in 3 different weight classes why should he sacrifice one for the other? As much as he likes to give the fans the fights that they want he likes Money better... and while I think one of those mega fights would make a lot of money he can make more money out of them being unbeatable in their own weight class.
i agree for the most part, i think it is WAY too early to be talking about bones fighting foes from outside his class, but on the other hand i think silva and gsp have about maxed out their profitability in their classes, the only problem with that is that gsp is injured, personally i would like to see gsp get healthy fight spider then retire and pursue other means of income and enjoyment

i do think there are a couple of relevant fights for silva, really maybe just the sonnen rematch, other than that the only people i care about spider and gsp fighting are each other, it's gonna get to the point that it is gonna flame out like the randy v brock fight, or the randy v fedor or the fedor v brock fights, dana should just do a one fight pay per view with a good mega fight, that would be as good as two pay per views with a bunch of crappy fights and main events featuring gsp or silva fighting a hyped up guy, and personally i think a primetime pay per view would sell more than the 11:00 main event pay per views, i think the ufc is losing large portions of many demographics because they are so set on the young male demographic that don't mind watching fights til midnight, i honestly believe you would not lose that demographic and you would pick up alot of moms and dads that don't want to stay up til midnight to watch a fight, me included
Old 12-12-2011, 02:53 PM
County Mike

Rashad - as long as he beats Davis. Rashad's been waiting a while and deserves to get beaten down just like the others.
Old 12-12-2011, 02:54 PM
rearnakedchoke

Quote:
Originally Posted by JavierDLC View Post
How can people honestly think that Rashad has a chance??? Lyoto is miles ahead of Rashad and he was having a good round until he got caught.

The only one I think could give Jones a Fight would be Anderson.
Hendo would get beat just like he did in the Silva fight only worst.
styles make fights .. rashad is really strong and he is one angry man .. he'd have the best chance imo ... i think hendo would get tooled ... jones would do what shields did, but finish him .. probably late first or mid second round ..
Old 12-12-2011, 03:42 PM
cheachea

Dear Mr. White, please make the Anderson Silva vs Jon Bones Jones Fight. Please and Thank You.
Old 12-12-2011, 04:21 PM
rearnakedchoke

anderson needs to fight chael .. that is it right now ... after that, if he beats sonnen, set it up .. let bones fight shad or hendo ... shad first
Old 12-12-2011, 04:41 PM
Miss Foxy

Andy made it clear he won't fight his "friend" Jones so that's out the question.. Only one I see capable of putting on a show is Rashad Evans. Hendo would gas after RD 1..
Old 12-12-2011, 05:01 PM
bradwright

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Foxy View Post
Andy made it clear he won't fight his "friend" Jones so that's out the question.. Only one I see capable of putting on a show is Rashad Evans. Hendo would gas after RD 1..
so Andy made it clear he wont fight his friend Jones ?

if the UFC tells him he is going to fight him he fights him...and if he refuses he would be in breach of his contract i would think.
Old 12-12-2011, 05:03 PM
rearnakedchoke

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradwright View Post
so Andy made it clear he wont fight his friend Jones ?

if the UFC tells him he is going to fight him he fights him...and if he refuses he would be in breach of his contract i would think.
well, kos and fitch are still employed .. and dana has wanted that fight for years ... dana definitely wouldn't push someone to fight up a weight class ..
Old 12-12-2011, 05:17 PM
I'm kind of a big deal

Anderson Silva, at the Dallas Cowboys stadium. The would sell 100,000 tickets, and I would be there!