Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Old 12-12-2011, 01:20 AM
Hughes fanboy

Default Who should get the next shot at Jones?

Rashad, or Hendo?

Personally I'd liek to see Anderson or Chael move up and have at him.

Please consider England in your prayers!

http://www.intercessuk.org/iuk3/
Old 12-12-2011, 01:40 AM
rearnakedchoke

any of the guys you named would get tooled by jones ... rashad may have the best shot ... jones is scary good ... shogun, rampage and lyoto will go down as great fighters and he murdered each of them in one year .. and throw in bader .. LOL ... dude is 24 25??? he keeps this up and he'll surpass anderson and gsp as the greatest mixed martial artists ever!!!
Old 12-12-2011, 01:42 AM
kevint13

I think Hendo is deserving and if Rashad beats Davis then he is also deserving. I would be cool with either one.

If I were Hendo, I would be watching the UFC on Fox 2 fights closely. Should Sonnen lose and Evans win, I would petition for the Anderson fight. And vice versa if things are reversed.
Old 12-12-2011, 04:55 AM

How can people honestly think that Rashad has a chance??? Lyoto is miles ahead of Rashad and he was having a good round until he got caught.

The only one I think could give Jones a Fight would be Anderson.
Hendo would get beat just like he did in the Silva fight only worst.
Old 12-12-2011, 05:09 AM
Hughes fanboy

I don't think Jones would fare well against an H-bomb though.
And what is Jones like on the ground when he's on bottom?

I though Lyoto looked awesome for most of the fight. He won round 1 but not in a devastating fashion.

Rashad - I only want to see it to watch him lose Idk why he's in contention. I'd love to see Jones/AS, and once Sonnen destroys AS again Sonnen/Jones. Sonnen is hands down the best wrestler in MMA.

Please consider England in your prayers!

http://www.intercessuk.org/iuk3/
Old 12-12-2011, 06:53 AM
matthughesfan21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizion View Post
I don't think Jones would fare well against an H-bomb though.
And what is Jones like on the ground when he's on bottom?

I though Lyoto looked awesome for most of the fight. He won round 1 but not in a devastating fashion.

Rashad - I only want to see it to watch him lose Idk why he's in contention. I'd love to see Jones/AS, and once Sonnen destroys AS again Sonnen/Jones. Sonnen is hands down the best wrestler in MMA.
No one fares well against an H-bomb, but I don't see him being able to land one...Rampage had the power to beat Jones too, but he couldn't land one flush. The only reason Machida could land is because of his elusiveness and counter-punching. Even Jones admitted that Machida's style had him very confused in the 1st round....Jones would pick apart Hendo from the outside and use the range to his advantage. Hendo has a punchers chance and that is it
Old 12-12-2011, 11:10 AM

I'd love to see him fight Anderson but yeah... I would say Rashad get's it because he's been in the waiting for a title shot since before Hendo came back. I don't think Rashad or Hendo would win though.

I was happy to see Jones get hit a bit by Lyoto to see what his chin is like.
Old 12-12-2011, 02:06 PM
GnP

Always shocked when people mention Sonnen in these kind of discussions, jones Silva and Hendo are all time greats (all be it jones is at the start of becomming an all time great rather than an established legend such as the other two) Chael is not in the same league.

Would like to see Silva fight jones, but think it will be Rashad, who will get beaten up from range. Think Hendo would not get close to him would spend the first two rounds getting beaten up whilst trying to land a massive right, then gas get taken down and subbed.
Old 12-12-2011, 02:07 PM

dana's is adamant that silva -jones is not happening anytime soon, just read it on mmajunkie
Old 12-12-2011, 02:56 PM
GnP

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamt View Post
dana's is adamant that silva -jones is not happening anytime soon, just read it on mmajunkie
In fairness to him as amazing as Jones looks you still have to let the others in a very stacked division fight him first. Hando, Rashad, lil nog? Maybe even Phil Davis