Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Old 12-10-2011, 10:00 PM

Default UFC 140 ** SPOILERS **

Dangit! Already 0-1 in the predictions:

Cholish stops Mitch Clarke with some nasty Gnp.

Woot - 1-1

Rich Attonito loses to Jake Hecht in the second round due to some serious elbows to the temple, followed by some brutal gnp.

Last edited by F34R; 12-10-2011 at 10:16 PM.
Old 12-10-2011, 10:22 PM

Here's the commentary from mmafighting.com:

John Cholish vs. Mitch Clarke

Round 1:
They exchange feints in the early seconds, then Cholish jumps into a short left hook from Clarke. Cholish seems to be looking for the takedown, but Clarke is fending him off well early on. Stiff jab from Cholish. Clarke jabs in from too far out and eats a counter right. Cholish manages a foot sweep, but Clarke is up in a hurry and looking for a suplex. Cholish defends and rolls, putting Clarke on his back and going to work from his guard. Cholish stands up out of the guard and thinks about attacking from there, but settles for letting Clarke up with less than two minutes left in the round. Clarke is the busier man on the feet, but he's not landing much. He misses with two punches and Cholish stings him with a right. Clarke stuffs a Cholish takedown in the final ten seconds, but it's still likely Cholish's round. MMA Fighting scores it 10-9 for Cholish.

Round 2:
Cholish starts off with another nice overhand right counter. That punch is there whenever Clarke throws, it seems. Clarke does a decent job of mixing up the punches and low kicks, but Cholish avoids most of them and looks for a takedown, though he can't finish it. Another counter right lands for Cholish, and Clarke's face is starting to show the effects. Two more overhand rights by Cholish, followed by a quick jab. Clarke is starting to look frustrated, and Cholish only makes it worse by landing another right and then moving into a double-leg that plants Clarke on his back. Clarke rolls out and looks to put Cholish on his back with a single-leg, but Cholish uses a standing kimura to flip him to the mat, then takes his back in the scramble. Cholish has him flattened out and is battering Clarke with punches to the side of the head. There's less than 30 seconds in the round, but "Big" John McCarthy has seen enough. He steps in to stop it, and Clarke's face looks like it was none too soon.

John Cholish def. Mitch Clarke via TKO (punches) at 4:36 of round two

Rejoice ever more. 1 Thessalonians 5:16
Old 12-10-2011, 10:24 PM

Rich Attonito vs. Jake Hecht

Round 1:
Referee Josh Rosenthal gives the signal and Hecht comes in hard with a leg kick to start us off. He tosses a couple more kicks, including one to the body, and they seem to have some real force behind them. Attonito is unfazed so far, and he catches one and uses it to put Hecht down. Attonito works short punches and elbows from Hecht's guard, while Hecht tries to climb his legs up and break Attonito's posture. It's a slow grind for position and control, but Attonito is sneaking some good shots in there. Attonito briefly escapes the guard with less than a minute in the round, but Hecht quickly replaces it and we're back to the same place. The round ends this way, with Attonito busy on top. MMA Fighting scores the round 10-9 for Attonito.

Round 2:
They trade leather for just a moment before Attonito goes in search of the single-leg again. Hecht defends and smashes a couple elbows to the side of Attonito's head as he continues digging for it. They didn't look like much, but Attonito sinks to his back. Hecht sees he's hurt and pours on the punches. Attonito is just covering up, and it looks like he might be drifting in and out of consciousness here. Josh Rosenthal gives him a chance to recover, but he's not fighting back. This one is over. Quite a turnaround.

Jake Hecht def. Rich Attonito via TKO (elbows and punches) at 1:10 of round two.

Rejoice ever more. 1 Thessalonians 5:16
Old 12-10-2011, 10:52 PM

2-1 for me!

Mark Bocek defeats Nik Lentz.. not an overly exciting fight.
Old 12-10-2011, 10:59 PM
wavetar

Dang...0-3 for me! Not looking good!
Old 12-10-2011, 11:06 PM
Chris F

Quote:
Originally Posted by wavetar View Post
Dang...0-3 for me! Not looking good!
not doing much better man 1-2

I knew I should have changed my picks when I saw Clarke nearly passing out at the weigh in due to his cutting.
Old 12-10-2011, 11:30 PM

Yves Jabouin defeats Walel Watson...
woot 3-1
Old 12-10-2011, 11:32 PM
I'm kind of a big deal

How the heck did Yves win that fight? Canadian judges picking Canadians.
Old 12-10-2011, 11:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockdawg21 View Post
How the heck did Yves win that fight? Canadian judges picking Canadians.
I had it 29/28

anyways

John Makdessi loses to Dennis Hallman in the first round via choke.
4-1 in the pics baby!
Old 12-10-2011, 11:47 PM
Chris F

Quote:
Originally Posted by F34R View Post
I had it 29/28

anyways

John Makdessi loses to Dennis Hallman in the first round via choke.
4-1 in the pics baby!
congrats man I am done out of it. Every person on paper that should have won has not. That is why fight are not on paper

Tags
ufc 140 spoilers