Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Old 12-05-2011, 11:56 PM

Default Bisping's Salary

I think I'm basically going to answer my own question here but anyways....is Bisping that much of a draw that he can warrant this salary? He has a bunch of wins under his belt, etc. I don't mind watching him fight. I'm not really complaining about his salary, but I do find it curious he makes this much. I mean I think it's in line with many of the top fighters that are more well known. Ex-champions, etc. He got $275,000 plus 150,000 win bonus Granted I also know that the more top level guys that have been in the sport for awhile etc can get 250k plus other earnings that aren't made public, but still I find this interesting.

TUF 14 FINALE FIGHTER SALARIES

Michael Bisping: $425,000 (includes $150,000 win bonus)
def. Jason “Mayhem” Miller: $45,000
Old 12-06-2011, 01:08 AM

I think he's a big enough draw whether you like to see him win, or you want to see him lose lol.
Old 12-06-2011, 01:56 AM
Chris F

It was on free TV so he had no chance to get any of the PPV monies. That no doubt is where the real money is at. So I bet his base salary was higher because of the loss or money that would come from a PPV. I bet no main eventer makes less than a half million at any time so I am not all that surprised of this disclosed salary being that high.

What bothered me was all the TUF guys got the same check but Josh Clopton. I wonder why he only got 6000 and everyone else got 8000.
Old 12-06-2011, 03:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris F View Post

What bothered me was all the TUF guys got the same check but Josh Clopton. I wonder why he only got 6000 and everyone else got 8000.
Yeah, that's very weird! That's a 25% cut and (I'm sure) a lot of money for him.

OK, I just assumed Bisping got that much because he's Dana's boy.

Rejoice ever more. 1 Thessalonians 5:16
Old 12-06-2011, 04:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by F34R View Post
I think he's a big enough draw whether you like to see him win, or you want to see him lose lol.
I agree and whether people hate him or not he was the pioneer for The UFC in the UK. And he helped the sport develop. I see him as the Ricky Hatton of MMA well minus the cocaine and the excess body fat.

So yeah I think he deserves it.
Old 12-06-2011, 01:10 PM
rearnakedchoke

sure he deserves it .. he is britain's last big hope and has helped grow the sport hughe in britain ... dana looks for these fighters in hopes they help him grow the ufc worldwide ... he has gsp for canada among others, he had huerta for mexico and that is why he was so pissed when roger didn't sign back .. then he had cain and was even more pissed when he lost the title .. LOL .. bisping is his ticket to growing the ufc and that is why he hasn't been pushed by being given extremely hard fights ... so yeah, he deserves it
Old 12-06-2011, 02:34 PM
MMA, VCU, & Doctor Who

Send a message via AIM to VCURamFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris F View Post
It was on free TV so he had no chance to get any of the PPV monies. That no doubt is where the real money is at. So I bet his base salary was higher because of the loss or money that would come from a PPV. I bet no main eventer makes less than a half million at any time so I am not all that surprised of this disclosed salary being that high.

That's because Clopton was never in the house. He got beat by Dustin Neace in the elimination round & was only fighting on the Finale card as a late replacement.
Old 12-06-2011, 03:54 PM
Miss Foxy

He definitely deserves it... He brings in fans globally regardless if he's hated or loved.
Old 12-06-2011, 04:47 PM
Chris F

Quote:
Originally Posted by VCURamFan View Post
That's because Clopton was never in the house. He got beat by Dustin Neace in the elimination round & was only fighting on the Finale card as a late replacement.
I got that but, still do late replacement always get short changed? He had a pretty good fight. I guess 6Gs is better than watching it at home.
Old 12-06-2011, 06:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rearnakedchoke View Post
sure he deserves it .. he is britain's last big hope and has helped grow the sport hughe in britain ... dana looks for these fighters in hopes they help him grow the ufc worldwide ... he has gsp for canada among others, he had huerta for mexico and that is why he was so pissed when roger didn't sign back .. then he had cain and was even more pissed when he lost the title .. LOL .. bisping is his ticket to growing the ufc and that is why he hasn't been pushed by being given extremely hard fights ... so yeah, he deserves it
I never thought about that with Huerta; I could tell Dana was mad about Velasquez but I figured it was just because it was over so quick!

Good analysis, rnc, I think you nailed it.

Rejoice ever more. 1 Thessalonians 5:16