Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > Matt Hughes

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 11-14-2011, 09:43 PM
Tyburn's Avatar
Tyburn Tyburn is offline
Angry @ Injustice!
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: England
Posts: 16,969
Default Bleacher Report Name Matt Hughes Best IL Fighter

in case there was any doubt

Incidently it does mean that anyone from the Chicago Area has been rulled out...so there is a very reasonable amount of fighters from that State

The blah says:

Illinois is considered one of the best states across North America as they produce some of the greatest fighters in the world.

The state of Illinois is currently represented by welterweight Matt Hughes who is considered to be arguably the greatest welterweight of all-time.

Illinois has also produced lightweight scrapper Clay Guida.


Poor Clay Guida...always second best

Penn took Hawaii....They selected Dominck Cruz for the hotly contested California...Ben Askren got Iowa but Tim Sylvia, another MFSer got Maine, Sean Sherk got Minnesota despite the steroid scandle of the last decade, Frank Mir got the hotly contested Nevada, Carlos Condit won New Mexico, Spencer Fisher, yet another MFSer got North Carolina. They gave Brock Lesnar south dekota which is a bit of a pharse to be fair, and much though I love him, considering how Virginia is a hot bed...I dont really think that Brandon Vera should have been given it.

But they bloody snubbed Rich Franklin by giving Ohio to Forrest Griffin instead
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 11-15-2011, 01:43 AM
kevint13
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyburn View Post
But they bloody snubbed Rich Franklin by giving Ohio to Forrest Griffin instead
Could it be because Forrest beat Rich?

Was this list made based on where the fighter was born and still fighting?
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 11-15-2011, 04:46 PM
Tyburn's Avatar
Tyburn Tyburn is offline
Angry @ Injustice!
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: England
Posts: 16,969
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevint13 View Post
Could it be because Forrest beat Rich?

Was this list made based on where the fighter was born and still fighting?
I dont really know the answer to those. The list seemed to only involve active fighters...it defaulted to current champions over others who arguably had done better.

Yes it was based on where they were born, not where they might be currently fighting out from.

I still think they snubbed Rich Franklin unfairly
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 11-15-2011, 06:03 PM
rearnakedchoke
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevint13 View Post
Could it be because Forrest beat Rich?

Was this list made based on where the fighter was born and still fighting?
still if i were ranking them, i'd put rich above .. rich was a champ and defended .. forrest, not so much .. plus i don't think anyone can put past the memory of him during and after the anderson fight
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 11-15-2011, 07:48 PM
Tyburn's Avatar
Tyburn Tyburn is offline
Angry @ Injustice!
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: England
Posts: 16,969
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rearnakedchoke View Post
still if i were ranking them, i'd put rich above .. rich was a champ and defended .. forrest, not so much .. plus i don't think anyone can put past the memory of him during and after the anderson fight
I aggree.

I must admit I am bias though. I have had tonnes of email correspondance and indeed met Rich Franklin...whereas although I supported Forrest Griffin during the Great Schism of 59...I have never had correspondance...never met him...and whilst I like the way Franklin thinks, and writes about stuff in deep and thought provoking blogs...I have not seen anything from Forrest Griffin that I can connect with really. Also I like Franklins Video blogs on his cooking and rehab

I cant say the same about Forrest Griffin...though I suspect he might be right up their with Mike Swick in terms of video interaction.

I Aggree with the fighting argument...but that was kinda an after thought if I was honnest. I didnt even know Forrest Griffin was from Ohio...after all...they dont even speak with a similar type of accent. Rich Franklin sounds normal...Forrest Griffin sounds really strange to me...though understandable (which is more then can be said for some LOL)
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 11-28-2011, 02:17 PM
VCURamFan's Avatar
VCURamFan VCURamFan is online now
MMA, VCU, & Doctor Who
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Basketball Capital of the World
Posts: 14,324
Send a message via AIM to VCURamFan
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyburn View Post
I aggree.

I must admit I am bias though. I have had tonnes of email correspondance and indeed met Rich Franklin...whereas although I supported Forrest Griffin during the Great Schism of 59...I have never had correspondance...never met him...and whilst I like the way Franklin thinks, and writes about stuff in deep and thought provoking blogs...I have not seen anything from Forrest Griffin that I can connect with really. Also I like Franklins Video blogs on his cooking and rehab

I cant say the same about Forrest Griffin...though I suspect he might be right up their with Mike Swick in terms of video interaction.

I Aggree with the fighting argument...but that was kinda an after thought if I was honnest. I didnt even know Forrest Griffin was from Ohio...after all...they dont even speak with a similar type of accent. Rich Franklin sounds normal...Forrest Griffin sounds really strange to me...though understandable (which is more then can be said for some LOL)
Yeah, I thought Forrest was a Georgia boy. Doesn't his walk-out graphic always say "Athens, Georgia"?

At least they didn't give it to Mark Coleman!
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 11-28-2011, 02:56 PM
kevint13
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rearnakedchoke View Post
still if i were ranking them, i'd put rich above .. rich was a champ and defended .. forrest, not so much .. plus i don't think anyone can put past the memory of him during and after the anderson fight
I agree with you, I would have put Rich as well. I don't get the logic of this whole thing...Dominick Cruz gets CA? Over Faber, Hendo, Shields, Diaz?
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 12-08-2011, 03:45 AM
CHITOWNHUGHESFAN
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyburn View Post
in case there was any doubt

Incidently it does mean that anyone from the Chicago Area has been rulled out...so there is a very reasonable amount of fighters from that State.
Woahhhhhhh.............. Good thing you said not including Chicago. I was packing up the family truckster and heading to South to Hillsboro! Me and Matt would have to settle it like Richard Gere and Louis Gossett Jr. in An Officer and a Gentleman but in a barn. Just don't kick me in the nuts Matt. That's just bad form. I'm #1. LMAO.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 12-08-2011, 02:41 PM
Miss Foxy
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevint13 View Post
I agree with you, I would have put Rich as well. I don't get the logic of this whole thing...Dominick Cruz gets CA? Over Faber, Hendo, Shields, Diaz?
Exactly!! Grrr Cruz representing California.. I like him, but ummm no!
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 12-08-2011, 02:43 PM
Miss Foxy
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyburn View Post
I aggree.

I must admit I am bias though. I have had tonnes of email correspondance and indeed met Rich Franklin...whereas although I supported Forrest Griffin during the Great Schism of 59...I have never had correspondance...never met him...and whilst I like the way Franklin thinks, and writes about stuff in deep and thought provoking blogs...I have not seen anything from Forrest Griffin that I can connect with really. Also I like Franklins Video blogs on his cooking and rehab

I cant say the same about Forrest Griffin...though I suspect he might be right up their with Mike Swick in terms of video interaction.

I Aggree with the fighting argument...but that was kinda an after thought if I was honnest. I didnt even know Forrest Griffin was from Ohio...after all...they dont even speak with a similar type of accent. Rich Franklin sounds normal...Forrest Griffin sounds really strange to me...though understandable (which is more then can be said for some LOL)
Forrest disgusts me ever since his rape comments on twitter.. He's a tool IMO.. I love Rich Franklin!!
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 12:26 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.