Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > Politics

Old 11-16-2011, 08:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonnie View Post
I think he loves making us look this stuff up! The definition for wergeld (below) goes to the example in Neezy's post of how much money the two women would be compensated for their loss. Their "rank" or "status" would determine the amount/value of their compensation.
Hee hee, thanks Lucy, I didn't get it the first go around!

Rejoice ever more. 1 Thessalonians 5:16
Old 12-01-2011, 08:06 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

I better not sign the petition...even if I aggree its bollox...being that I am not American it would be most...unfair...and rude.

I think the United States has made it quite clear they do not wish English dictatorials on their circumstances in the past.

...but...just for the record...had you guys not pushed us out the door, this would never have happened to you (you'd probably have the National Health Service instead but at least it doesnt force you to do anything other then pay higher taxes )
Old 04-19-2012, 01:39 PM
SupaDupaMod

Send a message via Yahoo to Neezar

Trump Explains Dumbo Care

Let me get this straight . . ..We're going to be "gifted" with a health care
plan we are forced to purchase and fined if we don't.
Which purportedly covers at least ten million more people,
without adding a single new doctor, but provides for 16,000 new IRS agents,
written by a committee whose chairman says he doesn't understand it,

passed by a Congress that didn't read it, but exempted themselves from it,
and signed by a Dumbo President (who smokes)
with funding administered by a treasury chief who didn't pay his taxes,
for which we'll be taxed for four years before any benefits take effect,
by a government which has already bankrupted Social Security and Medicare,
all to be overseen by a surgeon general who is obese,
and financed by a country that's broke!!!!!

'What the hell could possibly go wrong?'

Old 04-19-2012, 01:52 PM
Hailey's Dad

Well said Mr. Trump.
Old 04-19-2012, 02:07 PM

obamacare may not be the best model for universal health care, but it would be a step in the right direction for the US ... a perfect model won't be created right off the bat, but given time to evolve, the program will be to the benefit of the country ... i am sure barack will iron out some of the wrinkles in his second term ....
Old 04-19-2012, 06:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rearnakedchoke View Post
obamacare may not be the best model for universal health care, but it would be a step in the right direction for the US ... a perfect model won't be created right off the bat, but given time to evolve, the program will be to the benefit of the country ... i am sure barack will iron out some of the wrinkles in his second term ....

Nice try, rnc!

Rejoice ever more. 1 Thessalonians 5:16
Old 04-19-2012, 07:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by flo View Post

Nice try, rnc!

lol
Old 04-19-2012, 07:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by flo View Post

Nice try, rnc!
really though .. imo a universal health care program is very important for developed nations .. sure, you are going to say, the US didn't become the strongest nation by having it or you have gotten this far without it .. but it doesn't mean you can't be better ... do i like the obama model? not really, i think ours works great ... we don't have to buy insurance .... it is built into our tax dollars .. there is still the option of going to private clinics if you want .. and if you have insurance through work, you get certain upgrades etc ... you get a healthcard and you show it when you go to the hospital or doctor .. it doesn't cover prescriptions or dental ... but if you have a good insurance through work, that covers it ...
Old 04-20-2012, 05:06 PM
SupaDupaMod

Quote:
really though .. imo a universal health care program is very important for developed nations .. sure, you are going to say, the US didn't become the strongest nation by having it or you have gotten this far without it .. but it doesn't mean you can't be better ... do i like the obama model? not really, i think ours works great ... we don't have to buy insurance .... it is built into our tax dollars .. there is still the option of going to private clinics if you want .. and if you have insurance through work, you get certain upgrades etc ... you get a healthcard and you show it when you go to the hospital or doctor .. it doesn't cover prescriptions or dental ... but if you have a good insurance through work, that covers it ...
Why don't you let the government choose your car insurance and rates for you? They can go ahead and take that out of your taxes for you, too.

Maybe they could provide my utilities for me, too and take that out of my taxes. I hate sending that bitch in every month. While they are at it, they need to go ahead tell me the limit that I should use/not use each month to be considered a good citizen by conserving energy.
Old 04-20-2012, 05:09 PM
SupaDupaMod

Quote:
Why do you believe that a univeral health care program is important?

We already have medicaid and medicare for people who can't afford insurance.