Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > Politics

Old 03-21-2012, 07:10 PM

Default Looks like it is going to be Mitt ....

What are your feelings about him, will you vote him in, and do you think he will win!!!!!
Old 03-21-2012, 08:06 PM
Formerly Dethbob

Hes no royal flush, but Ill see and raise. I had him checked on my ballot the last time around, but I never even got to send it in, something else to thank McCain for. Id prefer he was a good Baptist, war hero, true conservative etc., maybe next time. Id be surprised if he doesnt beat Bama in a landslide, but stupider things have happened.
Old 03-21-2012, 08:08 PM
I♥The♔COUNT

I like Mitt. He is who I am hoping will win.
Old 03-22-2012, 12:42 AM

Yes, I'm hoping he wins too. I think the republican establishment is getting the word out after the Illinois win since today Jeb Bush endorsed him (so did the Tea Party) and they both urged the party to unite and get behind him.

I am REALLY hoping that he chooses Marco Rubio as a running mate. He is an awesome person, would pretty much guarantee FL for the Repubs and I think with Rubio they win by a big margin. This is my dream ticket!

I don't know about you guys but I paid $4.14/gallon last week for gas. This alone will have an impact on the election. I realize it's not Obama's fault - just as it wasn't Bush's fault - but the top guy will get blamed regardless. Plus he nixed the Canadian (Keystone) pipeline project.

Rejoice ever more. 1 Thessalonians 5:16
Old 03-22-2012, 04:26 AM

I'm concerned about the issue of women's health care and how this could affect Romney. They've already got Hollywood out touting Obama as the only one who cares about women's health.

And it would be helpful if Romney and his peeps would pause and think before answering the media's questions. They're like the gift that keeps giving, now it's "Etch a Sketch"! <sigh> I thought Gingrich and Santorum looked stupid when I saw them on the news each holding one.

Last edited by Bonnie; 03-22-2012 at 04:32 AM.
Old 03-22-2012, 05:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonnie View Post
I'm concerned about the issue of women's health care and how this could affect Romney. They've already got Hollywood out touting Obama as the only one who cares about women's health.

And it would be helpful if Romney and his peeps would pause and think before answering the media's questions. They're like the gift that keeps giving, now it's "Etch a Sketch"! <sigh> I thought Gingrich and Santorum looked stupid when I saw them on the news each holding one.
I thought they did too, Bonnie. Well, they will have lots of time to play with their etch-a-sketches in a month (or less).

I think it's ludicrous how the Obama admin. is trying so desperately to make this about "women's health". Since when is forcing church-owned entities to pay for your birth control "women's health"? Romney handled that heckler perfectly when he said "if you want free birth control, vote for the other guy". I hope the dems keep pushing that topic because it's a sure loser when we have such high debt and inflation, unemployment and gas over $4/gallon (and rising) - which in turn affects the price of all goods and services. Like Clinton said "It's the economy, stupid!". That was a winner for him and it will be for Romney as well.

Rejoice ever more. 1 Thessalonians 5:16
Old 03-22-2012, 09:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by flo View Post
I thought they did too, Bonnie. Well, they will have lots of time to play with their etch-a-sketches in a month (or less).

I think it's ludicrous how the Obama admin. is trying so desperately to make this about "women's health". Since when is forcing church-owned entities to pay for your birth control "women's health"? Romney handled that heckler perfectly when he said "if you want free birth control, vote for the other guy". I hope the dems keep pushing that topic because it's a sure loser when we have such high debt and inflation, unemployment and gas over $4/gallon (and rising) - which in turn affects the price of all goods and services. Like Clinton said "It's the economy, stupid!". That was a winner for him and it will be for Romney as well.
I did happen to see that clip of that young woman, and I did like Romney's response. I must have missed it, when exactly did making birth control "free" become such a hot button? Did this start with Planned Parenthood and what's been going on with federal financial aid being taken away? I know a lot of women here in Texas aren't feeling too kindly toward our governor right now because of it.

You never know what's going to hit the fancy of people during an election and cause a wave of support for the other guy. There are a lot of people out there like that young woman who for some reason think they deserve free this and free that. People with that mindset are not worrying about how that "free" would be paid for and the impact on the economy.

Last edited by Bonnie; 03-22-2012 at 09:27 AM.
Old 03-22-2012, 11:23 AM
Hailey's Dad

He'll only beat Obama if Ron Paul is his running mate. Otherwise, a huge portion of the Republican vote will vote for Ron Paul as an independent or write in.
Old 03-22-2012, 01:33 PM

I would vote for most any Republican over Obama, but I had been pulling for Santorum.

As for the free birth control, people who look for handouts generally vote Democrat anyway, so it's not like Obama's swaying any new votes with that. I think a lot of people that voted for Obama last time because they were young and stupid and caught up in the media hype are now 4 years older, wiser and ticked off at the crappy situation we're now in and will vote smarter this time.

At least I HOPE!
Old 03-22-2012, 01:54 PM
SupaDupaMod

Send a message via Yahoo to Neezar

Do people in this country really not know that we already have free birth control? Anyone can go to their local health department and get free birth control.