Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > Christianity

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 11-13-2011, 10:15 PM
Vizion's Avatar
Vizion Vizion is offline
Hughes fanboy
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 2,214
Default please pray for her

Hey everyone,

Just a quick prayer request. I have a friend named Rachel. She is very, very lost. I have worked with her for 3 years. She has been lied to by Satan and believes Christianity is a joke

I feel a strong burden to see her saved. I have talked with her, but prayed a lot. See, I believe God wants to USE Rachel for his glory. That is why she is so resistant to Him.

My feelings are beyong professional. Despite her vitriol I have an intense passion for her as a friend, and envision a relationship. But Christ first.

I found out to my heartache that she just got engaged recently. I don't know if I should ask God to end this engagement or not. I don't want to wait for her any more.

My feelings are strong, but I do believe God put her into my life to be witnessed to. Please pray my prayers for her are answered, and that she gets saved.
__________________


Please consider England in your prayers!

http://www.intercessuk.org/iuk3/
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 11-14-2011, 12:30 AM
cheachea
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

You got it. I'll pray for your friend.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 11-14-2011, 12:42 AM
MattHughesRocks's Avatar
MattHughesRocks MattHughesRocks is offline
Stump Rules!
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Nor Cal
Posts: 9,787
Default

Will say a prayer for sure. I'm actually going through something similar with someone myself so I know how you feel!
__________________


http://stumpdotcom.com/
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 11-14-2011, 07:19 PM
flo's Avatar
flo flo is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: The Great Pacific Northwest
Posts: 7,719
Default

Will do, Vizion. It's good that she has such a friend as you.
__________________
http://www.matt-hughes.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=339&dateline=13068036  43

Rejoice ever more. 1 Thessalonians 5:16
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 11-14-2011, 11:24 PM
Neezar's Avatar
Neezar Neezar is offline
SupaDupaMod
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: South
Posts: 6,479
Send a message via Yahoo to Neezar
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizion View Post
Hey everyone,

Just a quick prayer request. I have a friend named Rachel. She is very, very lost. I have worked with her for 3 years. She has been lied to by Satan and believes Christianity is a joke

I feel a strong burden to see her saved. I have talked with her, but prayed a lot. See, I believe God wants to USE Rachel for his glory. That is why she is so resistant to Him.

My feelings are beyong professional. Despite her vitriol I have an intense passion for her as a friend, and envision a relationship. But Christ first.

I found out to my heartache that she just got engaged recently. I don't know if I should ask God to end this engagement or not. I don't want to wait for her any more.

My feelings are strong, but I do believe God put her into my life to be witnessed to. Please pray my prayers for her are answered, and that she gets saved.
Well I would stand behind a prayer for your friend getting saved. But I could never support a prayer to end her engagement. That doesn't weigh well on my heart.

How about a prayer that God's will be done?
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 11-15-2011, 11:10 AM
Bonnie Bonnie is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Where the bluebonnets bloom
Posts: 6,588
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neezar View Post
Well I would stand behind a prayer for your friend getting saved. But I could never support a prayer to end her engagement. That doesn't weigh well on my heart.

How about a prayer that God's will be done?
Yes, always His will, not ours.

Vizion, maybe God is working His will in your life also right now with this situation with your friend, Rachel. I'll pray for both of you...that God's will be done in each of your lives.
__________________

Last edited by Bonnie; 11-15-2011 at 11:25 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 11-15-2011, 06:02 PM
rearnakedchoke
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

you are a good man viz .. maybe God took her out of your life for a reason though... as others have said, His will be done ..
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 11-16-2011, 07:41 PM
Vizion's Avatar
Vizion Vizion is offline
Hughes fanboy
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 2,214
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neezar View Post
Well I would stand behind a prayer for your friend getting saved. But I could never support a prayer to end her engagement. That doesn't weigh well on my heart.

How about a prayer that God's will be done?
Please do Neezar! I really feel God has BIG plans for her life. This has weighed heavily on me for the past 3 years.
__________________


Please consider England in your prayers!

http://www.intercessuk.org/iuk3/
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 11-16-2011, 07:42 PM
Vizion's Avatar
Vizion Vizion is offline
Hughes fanboy
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 2,214
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rearnakedchoke View Post
you are a good man viz .. maybe God took her out of your life for a reason though... as others have said, His will be done ..
Ugh...you may be right, but I will be heartbroken if she marries him. I don't think he'd ever love so much as I!
__________________


Please consider England in your prayers!

http://www.intercessuk.org/iuk3/
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 11-17-2011, 12:57 PM
County Mike
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Does she know how you feel about her? If not, stop being a sissy and let her know. If you let her know, and she still chooses the other dude, at least you'll know you gave it a shot. Otherwise, you'll always regret "what might have been".

Man up and get that girl!
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 11:49 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.