Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > Christianity

Old 11-13-2011, 10:15 PM
Hughes fanboy

Default please pray for her

Hey everyone,

Just a quick prayer request. I have a friend named Rachel. She is very, very lost. I have worked with her for 3 years. She has been lied to by Satan and believes Christianity is a joke

I feel a strong burden to see her saved. I have talked with her, but prayed a lot. See, I believe God wants to USE Rachel for his glory. That is why she is so resistant to Him.

My feelings are beyong professional. Despite her vitriol I have an intense passion for her as a friend, and envision a relationship. But Christ first.

I found out to my heartache that she just got engaged recently. I don't know if I should ask God to end this engagement or not. I don't want to wait for her any more.

My feelings are strong, but I do believe God put her into my life to be witnessed to. Please pray my prayers for her are answered, and that she gets saved.

Please consider England in your prayers!

http://www.intercessuk.org/iuk3/
Old 11-14-2011, 12:30 AM
cheachea

You got it. I'll pray for your friend.
Old 11-14-2011, 12:42 AM
Stump Rules!

Will say a prayer for sure. I'm actually going through something similar with someone myself so I know how you feel!

http://stumpdotcom.com/
Old 11-14-2011, 07:19 PM

Will do, Vizion. It's good that she has such a friend as you.

Rejoice ever more. 1 Thessalonians 5:16
Old 11-14-2011, 11:24 PM
SupaDupaMod

Send a message via Yahoo to Neezar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizion View Post
Hey everyone,

Just a quick prayer request. I have a friend named Rachel. She is very, very lost. I have worked with her for 3 years. She has been lied to by Satan and believes Christianity is a joke

I feel a strong burden to see her saved. I have talked with her, but prayed a lot. See, I believe God wants to USE Rachel for his glory. That is why she is so resistant to Him.

My feelings are beyong professional. Despite her vitriol I have an intense passion for her as a friend, and envision a relationship. But Christ first.

I found out to my heartache that she just got engaged recently. I don't know if I should ask God to end this engagement or not. I don't want to wait for her any more.

My feelings are strong, but I do believe God put her into my life to be witnessed to. Please pray my prayers for her are answered, and that she gets saved.
Well I would stand behind a prayer for your friend getting saved. But I could never support a prayer to end her engagement. That doesn't weigh well on my heart.

How about a prayer that God's will be done?
Old 11-15-2011, 11:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neezar View Post
Well I would stand behind a prayer for your friend getting saved. But I could never support a prayer to end her engagement. That doesn't weigh well on my heart.

Yes, always His will, not ours.

Vizion, maybe God is working His will in your life also right now with this situation with your friend, Rachel. I'll pray for both of you...that God's will be done in each of your lives.

Last edited by Bonnie; 11-15-2011 at 11:25 AM.
Old 11-15-2011, 06:02 PM
rearnakedchoke

you are a good man viz .. maybe God took her out of your life for a reason though... as others have said, His will be done ..
Old 11-16-2011, 07:41 PM
Hughes fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neezar View Post

Please do Neezar! I really feel God has BIG plans for her life. This has weighed heavily on me for the past 3 years.

Old 11-16-2011, 07:42 PM
Hughes fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by rearnakedchoke View Post
you are a good man viz .. maybe God took her out of your life for a reason though... as others have said, His will be done ..
Ugh...you may be right, but I will be heartbroken if she marries him. I don't think he'd ever love so much as I!

Old 11-17-2011, 12:57 PM
County Mike

Does she know how you feel about her? If not, stop being a sissy and let her know. If you let her know, and she still chooses the other dude, at least you'll know you gave it a shot. Otherwise, you'll always regret "what might have been".

Man up and get that girl!