Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > Politics

Old 11-11-2011, 04:52 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Exclamation Obama/Sarkozy blunder (against Israel) at G20 Summit

When the delegation sat down Mr Sarkozy the French President leaned over to Mr Obama and said that he didnt like Benyamin Netenyahu the Israeli Prime Minister because he was a liar. Mr Obama responded by saying that at least the French didnt have to put up with dealing with him every day. Not good when Israel is on the verge of doing a strike against Iran after rumours that Iran is now ready to go nuclear...though how they plan to do that when Irans latest nuclear reactor is burried under a civilian populated city one is left to wonder. Israel are calling for a pre-emptive strike...I wonder where they learned that the idea of a Unilateral strike against a country harbouring Weapons of Mass destruction, is perfectly alright, has come from....

can you say OOOOPs

Sarkozy: 'Netanyahu, I can't stand him. He's a liar...'

Obama: 'You're sick of him? but I have to deal with him every day...'

Nicolas Sarkozy was last night embroiled in a diplomatic row after being overheard calling Israeli premier Benjamin Netanyahu a liar.

Unaware that journalists were listening to their private conversation, the French leader told Barack Obama: ‘Netanyahu, I can’t stand him. He’s a liar.’
To make matters worse, the U.S. President replied: ‘You are sick of him, but I have to deal with him every day.’

Several French-speaking journalists overheard the comments but did not report them.

Mr Sarkozy’s office had asked them not to use the headsets until the conference began, and the comments were deemed private by French media standards.

However, the French news website Arret Sur Images and several Israeli newspapers reported them yesterday.

Mr Sarkozy has been credited with improving relations between France and Israel, but has been critical of Mr Netanyahu’s determination to build Jewish settlements in the occupied Palestinian territories.

Observers in Israel and Rightwing U.S. politicians fear the exchange exposes anti-Israeli bias among European leaders and Mr Obama, a Democrat.

Last night, U.S. Republican Congressman Michael Grimm urged Mr Obama to apologise for his ‘disgraceful’ remarks.

He said: ‘I find President Obama’s criticism of Israeli Prime Minister Netanyahu highly offensive and call on him to issue a formal apology on behalf of the American people.

'Whether the microphones are on or off, the message to our allies in Israel should always remain the same – “We stand with you”.’
Mr Obama’s candour is likely to cost Jewish American votes in next year’s presidential election. He has already alienated many pro-Israeli voters by publicly criticising Mr Netanyahu.
Meanwhile, Mr Netanyahu has cultivated close ties with Mr Obama’s opponents and is believed to consider him naive.

After a meeting in the Oval Office this year, he lectured the U.S. President on his view of Middle East realities as cameras showed Mr Obama listening glumly.

OBAMA'S INSULTS COULD LOSE HIM MORE JEWISH VOTERS IN U.S.

President Obama's disparaging comments about the Israeli PM are unlikely to help his attempts to win over the Jewish vote in the run-up to next year's election.

The President as been dogged by accusations that he is anti-Israeli and the criticism has been blamed by some for the Democrats' most recent electoral losses.

Earlier this year Bob Turner became the first Republican to win the two-fifths Jewish district of New York City following the resignation of disgraced congressman Anthony Weiner.

And a recent poll showed a dramatic fall in Obama's approval rating among Jewish Americans, down from 68 per cent in May to 54 per cent in September.