Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > Sports

Old 11-08-2011, 10:30 PM
cheachea

My Favorite Boxer. I respect this guy so much. I hope Philadelphia makes a statue of Him.
Old 11-08-2011, 11:44 PM
rearnakedchoke

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheachea View Post
My Favorite Boxer. I respect this guy so much. I hope Philadelphia makes a statue of Him.
you'd think since they have a statue of a fictional character they'd also have one of Joe ...
Old 11-09-2011, 12:28 AM
cheachea

Quote:
Originally Posted by rearnakedchoke View Post
you'd think since they have a statue of a fictional character they'd also have one of Joe ...
I know Man. It just sucks because they have a fictional boxer statue instead of a REAL CHAMPION Who Actually defeated Ali in A Real World Heavy Weight Boxing Fight. It's just sad.

Last edited by cheachea; 11-09-2011 at 12:46 AM.
Old 11-09-2011, 12:40 AM
WAR CARDINALS!

Definitely sad for Joe's family, friends, and for Boxing.
Old 11-09-2011, 05:46 AM
I'm kind of a big deal

Bummer, Joe Frazier was the man.

Outside of the persona that made Floyd Mayweather famous, he's paying for the funeral:

http://www.examiner.com/fight-sports...frazier-family
Old 11-09-2011, 03:20 PM
WAR CARDINALS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockdawg21 View Post
Bummer, Joe Frazier was the man.

Outside of the persona that made Floyd Mayweather famous, he's paying for the funeral:

http://www.examiner.com/fight-sports...frazier-family
That's a bit unfair brother.

Floyd ain't perfect, he's just a man. It's very cool of him to step up and help out. It's not the first time he's helped out either. The more I'm bombarded with articles and youtube clips of how Frazier was married to Ali for the rest of time, it's hard not to draw a parallel to what we are seeing today between Pacquiao and Mayweather.
Old 11-10-2011, 02:24 AM
Chuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.B. View Post

Floyd ain't perfect, he's just a man. It's very cool of him to step up and help out. It's not the first time he's helped out either. The more I'm bombarded with articles and youtube clips of how Frazier was married to Ali for the rest of time, it's hard not to draw a parallel to what we are seeing today between Pacquiao and Mayweather.
Ali and Frazier fought each other.
Old 11-11-2011, 02:04 AM
WAR CARDINALS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck View Post
Ali and Frazier fought each other.
Ooooohhh, burn

Seriously, I think they will fight. I know it seems like it's been forever since the hype started, but there is just too much money on the table for me to believe they will never fight. Supposedly Floyd booked the MGM Grand on Cinco de Mayo 2012 and said he ready to make the fight on that date, but clearly a lot rests on what happens this Saturday when Pac fights Marquez. Either way, I think there is some merit to the idea that Pacquiao wants to get out of his contract with Bob Arum before he fights Floyd so Manny can get more of the money. If that is the case, I give HUGE props to Manny. Bob Arum is a slimeball IMO. If people consider Dana White "evil" in terms of MMA (which I do not), Bob Arum is Satan.
Old 11-11-2011, 03:06 AM
I'm kind of a big deal

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.B. View Post

Not unfair, it is mostly (and I do mean MOSTLY) a persona to sell fights. He still does his little thug life thing outside of the ring though

But, he does good things through his charity and things like this.

And I agree with you, Pac needs to leave Arum. If you ask me, the BIGGEST obstacle in making this fight happen is Arum.
Old 11-11-2011, 11:08 AM
WAR CARDINALS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockdawg21 View Post
Not unfair, it is mostly (and I do mean MOSTLY) a persona to sell fights. He still does his little thug life thing outside of the ring though

But, he does good things through his charity and things like this.

And I agree with you, Pac needs to leave Arum. If you ask me, the BIGGEST obstacle in making this fight happen is Arum.
I agree with you bro, but a lot of people are crapping on Floyd (not that he doesn't bring it on himself), saying he only did this for the publicity . It makes me sad that people can't put their hate aside and recognize a decent gesture. I'm sure Floyd felt like he wouldn't be able to make the money he makes now had it not been for guys like Frazier. Personally, I think Floyd is awesome for stepping up like this.