Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #71  
Old 03-18-2009, 06:18 PM
Crisco
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck
Damn!!! We were so close too!!! Crisco's better looking... I'm taller.... easy to get us mixed up!


But I type better
You do type better...

I'm a much better speaker then I am writer.

You can have her Chuck she is nice but I'm spoken for =)

(Of course your married so unless you want your wife to stab you I suggest you concede to Ben and let him haveh er)
Reply With Quote
  #72  
Old 03-18-2009, 07:47 PM
atomdanger
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crisco
I know this is not the point but do any of his think he could have won that fight sans vaseline?


I just saw him completely and utterly dominated in every way.. I'm thinking that is why I'm not as upset about the whole thing because of how bad BJ was destroyed.

I don't see vaseline playing any difference in the fight... Is there anyone that thinks BJ could fight GSP again and win?

I will ask you the same question, but in every case of steroid use,
often they were one sided fights anyway.
Reply With Quote
  #73  
Old 03-18-2009, 07:52 PM
Crisco
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by atomdanger
I will ask you the same question, but in every case of steroid use,
often they were one sided fights anyway.
Give me a specific fight and I will tell you if they made a difference.
Reply With Quote
  #74  
Old 03-18-2009, 08:33 PM
atomdanger
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crisco
Give me a specific fight and I will tell you if they made a difference.
You missed the point.

Its impossible to tell if it made a difference, its a matter of opinion,
not fact.
Reply With Quote
  #75  
Old 03-18-2009, 09:10 PM
Max
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melissa Villaseņor
BJ looks very outta shape and just sucks. If he were to stand a chance he would need to train for a minimal year in my opinion. He just can't perform like he used to.
Ok first off BJ was giving up close to 20 pounds of muscle in that fight and GSP still had a hard time taking him down in the first round (he even tried to grab BJ's shorts to get the takedown). Second BJ lasted longer than both Serra and Hughes did against GSP and I bet he lasted longer than Alves will against GSP as well. Third, BJ is still the best lightweight in the world and one of only 2 men to ever hold a belt in 2 different UFC weight divisions. He has not lost anything, in fact he is better now than he has ever been.
Reply With Quote
  #76  
Old 03-19-2009, 02:03 AM
Hughes_GOAT
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max
Ok first off BJ was giving up close to 20 pounds of muscle in that fight and GSP still had a hard time taking him down in the first round (he even tried to grab BJ's shorts to get the takedown). Second BJ lasted longer than both Serra and Hughes did against GSP and I bet he lasted longer than Alves will against GSP as well. Third, BJ is still the best lightweight in the world and one of only 2 men to ever hold a belt in 2 different UFC weight divisions. He has not lost anything, in fact he is better now than he has ever been.
yep

let's see GSP move up a weight class and win the title....
Reply With Quote
  #77  
Old 03-19-2009, 02:05 AM
Bonnie Bonnie is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Where the bluebonnets bloom
Posts: 6,595
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max
Ok first off BJ was giving up close to 20 pounds of muscle in that fight and GSP still had a hard time taking him down in the first round (he even tried to grab BJ's shorts to get the takedown). Second BJ lasted longer than both Serra and Hughes did against GSP and I bet he lasted longer than Alves will against GSP as well. Third, BJ is still the best lightweight in the world and one of only 2 men to ever hold a belt in 2 different UFC weight divisions. He has not lost anything, in fact he is better now than he has ever been.
?

Why has BJ looked so out of shape (not very muscular) when he's come up to 170; it's just a 15 lb difference from 155. Why do you say he was giving up to 20 lbs of muscle in his fight with GSP. Do you mean that's what GSP had over him?
Reply With Quote
  #78  
Old 03-19-2009, 02:10 AM
Hughes_GOAT
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonnie
?

Why has BJ looked so out of shape (not very muscular) when he's come up to 170; it's just a 15 lb difference from 155. Why do you say he was giving up to 20 lbs of muscle in his fight with GSP. Do you mean that's what GSP had over him?
GSP has maybe 5% body fat...Penn has about 20%. when you drop 15% for Penn to GSP's level, Penn is way lighter, with way less muscle mass. basically, Penn is fat and water and GSP is just pure muscle and Vaseline.
Reply With Quote
  #79  
Old 03-19-2009, 04:40 AM
Chuck
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crisco
You do type better...

I'm a much better speaker then I am writer.

You can have her Chuck she is nice but I'm spoken for =)

(Of course your married so unless you want your wife to stab you I suggest you concede to Ben and let him have her)
Done.
Reply With Quote
  #80  
Old 03-19-2009, 04:48 AM
matthughesfan21
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by County Mike
That was a sweet transition to armbar. I'll have to give that one a try tonight.
Mike, I don't think thats what Kelli meant when she said she wanted to try new things
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 07:07 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.