Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Old 03-17-2009, 07:54 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neezar
However, Penn’s recent complaint, which was written in a legal style similar to a lawsuit, will not serve to stimulate any formal disciplinary proceedings on Tuesday against the accused trio, said Kizer.

Kizer said Penn and his representatives have no authority to file a disciplinary complaint against a fellow combatant per Nevada’s statutes.

“That’s my job,” said Kizer. “You can complain to me, small ‘c,’ and then it’s up to me as the executive director whether I’ll file a disciplinary complaint. I explained that to [Penn’s attorney] many times and I thought he understood.”

Kizer said a commission member could step down from the judicial branch of the board and prosecute a case themselves, although that has rarely taken place.

The five-member commission will receive copies of Penn’s complaint, as well as the two separate documents previously submitted,

Upon review of the documents on Tuesday, Kizer said a commission member could move to suggest disciplinary action, which would set the wheels in motion for a disciplinary hearing at a later date.

Now whether it goes beyond that is up to the commissioners -- and it may or may not.”
He has a point. What he's saying is "NSAC do civil disciplinaries, therefore the prosecution MUST be the insitution that acts as Judge." In essence its up to the NSAC to prosecute Georges or not, they are the insitution, not Penn, Penn cant do a three way, because NSAC dont do criminal disciplinaries...they do Civil disciplinaries.

Hey guys...if they wanted to have cooked Georges themselves...they would have done so by now....you didnt see CSAC waited three months before presecuting Sherk and Franca whilst they decided whether to file charges did you

I LIKE Kizer Now we know more about why Renato Sobral was released. He was prosecuted by the NSAC. GOOD for Kizer!
Old 03-17-2009, 07:58 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crisco
lol I disagree. GSP is exciting to watch. Alves and GSP is a fight I have been waiting for. Two oversized weltherweights colliding.
are you calling them...obease
Old 03-17-2009, 08:00 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rearnakedchoke
LOL ... But he may not be able to "andle er riddum"
Old 03-17-2009, 08:51 PM
Crisco

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyburn
are you calling them...obease
No not obese.

Genetic giants
Old 03-17-2009, 09:39 PM

Quote:
No not obese.

Genetic giants

Maybe for 170! They should both be fighting at 185 I think! Like someone (very knowledgable) told me recently when I asked about this, they'd rather cut and come down to 170 where they are still bigger than their opponent.

I don't know what GSP or Alves walk around at normally. Maybe GSP stays close to 170 all the time, but I bet Alves tops 200 or close to it and then cuts to get to 170 (well sometimes he makes it ).
Old 03-17-2009, 09:41 PM
que

GSP said he weighed 187-188lbs when he fought penn in the rematch so i assume he walks around at least 190
Old 03-17-2009, 09:43 PM

Quote:
There is not a single fighter in the WW division that can live up to the example that Matt was as champion.

I really want Dustin Hazelette to reach the elite level eventually that guy is awesome and I really love watching him fight.
I knew his name sounded familiar; I think I've seen him once so far. Is he kinda tall, thin and looks like a hillbilly?

If he is the one I'm thinking about, he was pretty good the one time I saw him fight.
Old 03-17-2009, 09:43 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonnie
(well sometimes he makes it ).

Not often enough for a title shot IMHO
Old 03-17-2009, 09:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by que
GSP said he weighed 187-188lbs when he fought penn in the rematch so i assume he walks around at least 190
They gain that much back after the weigh in with fluids? I always wondered why they don't weigh them right before they go out to fight and make them fight at the "true" weight for that division. Then we could really see what they have/what they're made of and it would be more of a true contest. You think?
Old 03-17-2009, 09:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyburn

Not often enough for a title shot IMHO
I'm with you, sweet pea! I think they shoulda kicked him to the curb when he didn't make weight for his fight with Matt. And then he gives that pathetic excuse, "I hurt my widdle iddle ankle." What BS! And then, after, he's begging Dana for a title shot! Arrgggg!