Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Old 03-17-2009, 02:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crisco
lol I disagree. GSP is exciting to watch. Alves and GSP is a fight I have been waiting for. Two oversized weltherweights colliding.
I agree it will be interesting to watch these two, but for me, it will be the same as with GSP and Penn--didn't want either one to have the belt. I'm not excited about Alves getting the belt, but it would be fun watching GSP's face if/when he loses it. I think he'll look like this !

(Chuck, honest, I'm not a "hater" , just not a fan of these three fighters--GSP, Penn or Alves.)
Old 03-17-2009, 02:31 PM
Crisco

There is not a single fighter in the WW division that can live up to the example that Matt was as champion.

I really want Dustin Hazelette to reach the elite level eventually that guy is awesome and I really love watching him fight.
Old 03-17-2009, 03:13 PM
Chuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonnie
I agree it will be interesting to watch these two, but for me, it will be the same as with GSP and Penn--didn't want either one to have the belt. I'm not excited about Alves getting the belt, but it would be fun watching GSP's face if/when he loses it. I think he'll look like this !

(Chuck, honest, I'm not a "hater" , just not a fan of these three fighters--GSP, Penn or Alves.)
LOL... Sure Bonnie!!!

I'm surprised your list is so short!! I am a fan of BJ... okay, maybe not a fan but definitely not a hater. He has great skills and when he's in shape he's amazing to watch... but his work ethic and attitude are questionable at best.
Old 03-17-2009, 03:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck
LOL... Sure Bonnie!!!

I'm surprised your list is so short!! I am a fan of BJ... okay, maybe not a fan but definitely not a hater. He has great skills and when he's in shape he's amazing to watch... but his work ethic and attitude are questionable at best.
Well, those three are the ones in the spotlight right now so...

I do appreciate each of their skills. I just don't care for other things about them that sometimes overshadow those skills.
Old 03-17-2009, 03:42 PM
TDPARKASH

I agree with your earlier comment about other fighters should now speak up to the commission. I realize Matt, and other fighters had felt that he 'was slippery', but i think that is an intergral part of their investigation. Like i have said before, this wall all boil down to INTENT. If other fighters can show through previous tapes of GSP's fights that this a reoccuring theme, then you can really question the INTENT. Without that, I don't know what BJ really has to go by.............

On a side note, from someone who used to admire BJ a lot...............I think the "alleged tablet used to sweat" thing is ridicilous and he should really evaluate on how he is portraying himself. I know, that all BJ fans were dissapointed when they read that, I definitely was.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonnie
Well, those three are the ones in the spotlight right now so...

I do appreciate each of their skills. I just don't care for other things about them that sometimes overshadow those skills.
Old 03-17-2009, 04:48 PM
I'm kind of a big deal

I don't think anything will happen and it will make BJ just look like a baby again. Of course, I'm sure he's already used to the reputation.
Old 03-17-2009, 05:01 PM
Josh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crisco
There is not a single fighter in the WW division that can live up to the example that Matt was as champion.

I really want Dustin Hazelette to reach the elite level eventually that guy is awesome and I really love watching him fight.
So i'm not the only one. That guy is so cool and I love his style. I would rather watch a sweet sub than a KO any day. If Matt retires than I would be content with Dustin or GSP being the belt holders for a while. I don't know if Dustin is big enough though. I really like Fitch too though but I don't know if he could beat GSP.
Old 03-17-2009, 06:40 PM
rearnakedchoke

Didn't Penn want to shower with GSP before every fight and degrease him? Something like that .. found it kinda weird, but to each his own ...
Old 03-17-2009, 06:42 PM
MMA, VCU, & Doctor Who

Send a message via AIM to VCURamFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by rearnakedchoke
Didn't Michelle want to shower with GSP before every fight and degrease him? Something like that .. found it kinda weird, but to each her own ...
Fixed.
Old 03-17-2009, 06:44 PM
rearnakedchoke

Quote:
Originally Posted by VCURamFan
Fixed.
LOL ... But he may not be able to "andle er riddum"