Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > Sports

Old 10-25-2011, 09:52 PM
WAR CARDINALS!

Can we get a mod to change the title of this thread to 2005 World Series?

Old 10-27-2011, 06:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.B. View Post
Can we get a mod to change the title of this thread to 2005 World Series?

I didn't like that one, JB, so I vote "NO!"
Old 10-27-2011, 01:25 PM
Silverback

Bonnie, I take it you want Texas to win, I am a little tore between Texas and St. Louis. I had the luck of getting tickets to game one, I was lucky for a couple of reasons, 1) I was able to go with my big brother,(my idol) and my cuz, Lisa, her husband works for the Rangers. 2) I was able to set in the Rangers owners box, now that was very cool in itself. So as I was in there with my Cards stuff on and with my big brother and cuz, and the familys of the Rangers players, I was able to see what the sport is all about, its about the game, not who win's, it's about how you play the game, and if at the end you hold your head up high and know that you played with the standard that makes you part of the only 2 teams that have made it this far. The Rangers family had nothing but good things to say about the fans of the Cards, that they have never been treated so nice, and loved the city. And in return I have nothing but admiration for the familys and players I was able to meet. The best time was the joy Napoli brought to his grand parents when he got them back in the game, his grand parents was a hoot, had I good time with them. So remember its ok to play the game to win, just make sure you play the game as a winner, I would also like to point out that Matts blog shows that he plays the game as it should be played.
Old 10-27-2011, 04:40 PM
Primadawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverback View Post
Bonnie, I take it you want Texas to win, I am a little tore between Texas and St. Louis. I had the luck of getting tickets to game one, I was lucky for a couple of reasons, 1) I was able to go with my big brother,(my idol) and my cuz, Lisa, her husband works for the Rangers. 2) I was able to set in the Rangers owners box, now that was very cool in itself. So as I was in there with my Cards stuff on and with my big brother and cuz, and the familys of the Rangers players, I was able to see what the sport is all about, its about the game, not who win's, it's about how you play the game, and if at the end you hold your head up high and know that you played with the standard that makes you part of the only 2 teams that have made it this far. The Rangers family had nothing but good things to say about the fans of the Cards, that they have never been treated so nice, and loved the city. And in return I have nothing but admiration for the familys and players I was able to meet. The best time was the joy Napoli brought to his grand parents when he got them back in the game, his grand parents was a hoot, had I good time with them. So remember its ok to play the game to win, just make sure you play the game as a winner, I would also like to point out that Matts blog shows that he plays the game as it should be played.
Very well said, Danny. And I will agree. The Texas fans have been fine. Between Philly and Milwaukee, I was starting to get really disgusted with the behavior of some of the fans. It's like they're not really fans of THE GAME, but only their team, or a few specific players. The Texas fans have been respectful in victory and in defeat and as much as I want to see them horribly disappointed, I have to give them that!
Old 10-28-2011, 05:55 AM
LESS TALK MORE ACTION

GAME 7 GO BIRDS!!!!
Old 10-28-2011, 06:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TENNESSEAN View Post
GAME 7 GO BIRDS!!!!
Who let you in here?

Yeah, they really brought it especially when they needed to. Freese and Berkman really had a good night. Unfortunately, those 2 errors really cost us, as well as our inability to get those 3rd outs in the 9th and 10th.

Now the pressure is really on!

Dawn and Danny if the Cardinals should win, I'll be happy for them especially for Berkman who hails from Texas. One of the commentators was saying how he was almost traded to the Rangers, but the Cards decided to keep him and sign him for another year...smart move on their part and our loss. I'll absolutely be thrilled if the Rangers win as I'm sure y'all will be thrilled for the Cardinals. No harm, no foul intended with any of my comments in my excitement in seeing a Texas team in the big one. Btw, my husband's cousin, Mark Petkovsek (pitcher) once played for the Cardinals (1995-1998).

Here's to a good game tomorrow night!

Last edited by Bonnie; 10-28-2011 at 06:44 AM.
Old 10-28-2011, 06:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonnie View Post
Who let you in here?

Yeah!

Dang, I was rooting for Bonnie's team but I have to say that was a fantastic game and I'm so glad I watched! Tomorrow night will be really exciting.

After they won tonight, I had a big smile on my face - there's just something wonderful about watching grown men jump up and down in celebration, they were all so happy! I loved it!!!

GO RANGERS!!!!

Rejoice ever more. 1 Thessalonians 5:16
Old 10-28-2011, 07:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by flo View Post
Yeah!

Dang, I was rooting for Bonnie's team but I have to say that was a fantastic game and I'm so glad I watched! Tomorrow night will be really exciting.

After they won tonight, I had a big smile on my face - there's just something wonderful about watching grown men jump up and down in celebration, they were all so happy! I loved it!!!

GO RANGERS!!!!
It really was a good game. For a minute there I thought they were going to tear off more than Freese's jersey! Is this some sort of ritual?
Old 10-28-2011, 07:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonnie View Post
It really was a good game. For a minute there I thought they were going to tear off more than Freese's jersey! Is this some sort of ritual?
I wondered the same thing, Bon. I never saw the "ripping-uniform-off-ritual" before. But then, I haven't watched much baseball since Sweet Lou left the Mariners...

Old 10-28-2011, 07:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverback View Post
What are you talking about SB??? Bonnie's just rooting for her team, bro!

GO RANGERS!!!