Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > Politics

Old 10-21-2011, 10:56 AM
Super Moderator

Honestly, I had high hopes for Perry when he entered the race but now I have no clue who I will vote for. I do not like Romney at all. I won't vote for Obama (didn't the first time either). It's not looking good.

~Amy

My son made this for me:
Old 10-24-2011, 05:42 PM
CAVEMAN

Out of all of them, Herman Cain is the TRUE conservative and I hope he gets the nomination! Romney is to much of a flip flopper. Ron Paul, although he is constitutionally minded, I think he would be a push over when it comes to dealing with foreign policy and our enemies. And there is something about Perry I just do not trust.
Old 10-24-2011, 06:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dethbob View Post
I donít think Ron Paul has a clear picture about how the world actually works; I think it would be dangerous to put him in charge.
Amen, brother! I like a lot of the libertarian ideas and he starts off sounding good but the longer he speaks, the more he begins to sound slightly unbalanced.

I am also ABO, I would be happy with any of them except Paul. Gingrich or Romney would be the most effective leader, IMO.

Rejoice ever more. 1 Thessalonians 5:16
Old 10-24-2011, 06:33 PM
Chris F

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAVEMAN View Post
Out of all of them, Herman Cain is the TRUE conservative and I hope he gets the nomination! Romney is to much of a flip flopper. Ron Paul, although he is constitutionally minded, I think he would be a push over when it comes to dealing with foreign policy and our enemies. And there is something about Perry I just do not trust.
Cain has flip flopped on the Pro life issue for many years and he was a big fan of the TARP bailouts. SO hardly a true conservative. I think his Libertarian leaning on the issues of Pro life and Drugs are the same reason I do not like Ron Paul who is also very Libertarian as well. The GOP will select the lessser of 2 evils to please the moderates so they can please the masses instead of the base. So Cain and Paul will not do to well come election time. Sadly they are much better than Perry and Romney and Newt
Old 10-24-2011, 06:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAVEMAN View Post
With all due respect, Rick Santorum is more of a true conservative than Herman Cain (I like both of them, just my observation). Cain has a very muddled view on the abortion issue, for example, while Santorum is crystal clear on the subject (and has the Congressional record to back it up).

Old 10-24-2011, 06:38 PM
Chris F

Quote:
Originally Posted by flo View Post
Amen, brother! I like a lot of the libertarian ideas and he starts off sounding good but the longer he speaks, the more he begins to sound slightly unbalanced.

I am also ABO, I would be happy with any of them except Paul. Gingrich or Romney would be the most effective leader, IMO.
I think he has a very clear picture of how the constitution works and nowhere does it say America needs to go fight everyone's elses wars and play world police for the UN. So unless you want a Globalist war monger for president I think he understands better than all the others and then some. Ron Paul has more time in Congress then most of the others has more time in committee than most of the others, and he has understanding of the founder fathers intentions then the others. So I am curious just how do you and dethbob think he has no understanding and please cite specifics not speculation.
Old 10-24-2011, 06:39 PM

Chris, you snuck that post in while I was essentially typing the same thing.
re: his abortion stance.

Old 10-24-2011, 06:41 PM
Chris F

Quote:
With all due respect, Rick Santorum is more of a true conservative than Herman Cain (I like both of them, just my observation). Cain has a very muddled view on the abortion issue, for example, while Santorum is crystal clear on the subject (and has the Congressional record to back it up).

That I agree with Flo. But Santorum is to religious for the moderates so thus he is dead in the water before it starts. He also lacks charisma needed to win a big election and sadly people use that junk to pick their candidates.
Old 10-24-2011, 06:43 PM
Chris F

Quote:
Chris, you snuck that post in while I was essentially typing the same thing.
re: his abortion stance.
I am just glad someone else see's it. Him and Ron Paul are both very libertarian on the issue and that never sit well with me. Also if radio host Neal Bortz is saying you are the man then that is a huge red flag for me.
Old 10-24-2011, 06:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris F View Post
I think he has a very clear picture of how the constitution works and nowhere does it say America needs to go fight everyone's elses wars and play world police for the UN. So unless you want a Globalist war monger for president I think he understands better than all the others and then some. Ron Paul has more time in Congress then most of the others has more time in committee than most of the others, and he has understanding of the founder fathers intentions then the others. So I am curious just how do you and dethbob think he has no understanding and please cite specifics not speculation.
Oh come on, Chris, globalist war monger? If anything, we have a globalist war monger now - the guy who has unleased more targeted drones to kill people than anyone ever could have imagined.

I know Paul understands the constitution, my point is that the longer he talks, the more unhinged he sounds.

Gingrich is a noted historian, I'd say he is at LEAST as well versed in his understanding of the founding fathers as Paul, if not much more so. Many (or all) of the others may know as much about the constitution and our founding fathers as well but unless they point it out in debates, as Paul does, how are we to judge? That's why I try not to make a sweeping generalization.