Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > MMA

Old 10-12-2011, 01:55 PM
Dethbob

Default Paging Keith Hackney!

By Sam Quinones Los Angeles Times Staff Writer 4:29 p.m. CDT, October 11, 2011

http://www.chicagotribune.com/entert...,4414414.story

An "Austin Powers" actor convicted of torturing a woman in Orange County is suspected of killing his cellmate in a Central Valley prison, authorities said Tuesday.

Joseph Hyungmin Son, 40, allegedly killed his 50-year-old cellmate, who was found dead Monday afternoon at Wasco State Prison Reception Center in Kern County.

The cellmate was a parole violator who had been sentenced to two years in prison for failing to register as a sex offender, according to a prison report. A cause of death was pending.

Prison officials have named Son as the suspect, but officials said charges against him will await the completion of the investigation. Son, who played henchman Random Task in "Austin Powers: International Man of Mystery," was also briefly a mixed martial arts fighter who used the name Joe Son.

He had arrived at the prison reception center Sept. 16 after having been convicted of torture and sentenced to life in prison without parole.

Prosecutors in the torture case said the woman was walking back to her apartment alone with her dog after going to look at Christmas lights with a relative and friend and was stopped by Son about 12:30 a.m. on Christmas Eve 1990.

Son asked her for directions and then, with another man, dragged her to a car, threw her in the back and drove away.

Son and the other man told her they were driving to Compton, pistol-whipped her and repeatedly threatened to kill her.

Last edited by Dethbob; 10-12-2011 at 01:58 PM. Reason: To remove non-PG-13 news story content.
Old 10-12-2011, 03:20 PM
rearnakedchoke

jailhouse justice
Old 10-12-2011, 03:31 PM
SupaDupaMod

Send a message via Yahoo to Neezar

Quote:
As stated in the release, the victim gave a statement to the court:

“The post traumatic stress disorder is with me daily as I have triggers that set me off. I feel debilitating fear come over me and am convinced a hand is coming from behind again. My emotional scars are intense. My twenties were stripped from my life as I relearned how to walk, see, hear and cope with the outside world again. Joseph Son not only cost me my job at my salon but also my college savings ... not to mention the impact it’s made on celebrating Christmas year after year.”

Sickening.
Old 10-14-2011, 06:52 PM
I'm kind of a big deal

What a worthless POS!
Old 10-14-2011, 08:25 PM
Dethbob

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockdawg21 View Post
What a worthless POS!
"The 5-foot-4, 220-pound Son was 0-4 in an MMA career that spanned from 1994-2002. He is most remembered for a UFC 4 fight with Keith Hackney, which he lost by choke. In that fight, Son, who claimed to have developed his own fighting system called "Joe-son-do," was beaten after taking a series of punches to the groin, which were not yet outlawed."
http://www.mmafighting.com/2011/10/1...-suspect-in-h/

lol
Old 10-14-2011, 10:46 PM

I wish there was not a ban on posting clips on the forum. This would be a perfect time to post a clip of the rapist and murderer getting punched in the groin.
Old 10-15-2011, 12:10 AM
I'm kind of a big deal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dethbob View Post
"The 5-foot-4, 220-pound Son was 0-4 in an MMA career that spanned from 1994-2002. He is most remembered for a UFC 4 fight with Keith Hackney, which he lost by choke. In that fight, Son, who claimed to have developed his own fighting system called "Joe-son-do," was beaten after taking a series of punches to the groin, which were not yet outlawed."
http://www.mmafighting.com/2011/10/1...-suspect-in-h/

lol
Too bad Hackney didn't continue to punch his groin until there was nothing left.
Old 10-15-2011, 02:31 AM

Too bad both of these scums couldn't have killed each other simultaneously.

Rejoice ever more. 1 Thessalonians 5:16
Old 10-15-2011, 03:18 PM
WAR CARDINALS!

Joe Son being a piece of crap is old news, it's too bad his name still gets associated with mainstream MMA because of one UFC fight almost 20 years ago.
Old 10-15-2011, 08:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.B. View Post
Joe Son being a piece of crap is old news, it's too bad his name still gets associated with mainstream MMA because of one UFC fight almost 20 years ago.
Spot on, JB.

Rejoice ever more. 1 Thessalonians 5:16