Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > Matt Hughes

Old 10-07-2011, 08:03 PM
Administrator

Default BLOG: UFC Documentary DVD

From Matt's blog:

Quote:
First off, I want to thank all my sponsors for the last fight:

Second, I want to thank everyone for all the support that I had before, during and after the fight. I can remember during the fight that it was so loud I could barely hear my cornermen. I could hear them yelling behind me and I had to back up to understand what they were saying. I have always liked listening to my corner and I have always said that MY cornerman make it a team sport. Several forum members have told their stories about the weekend so here is a link to that:
http://www.matt-hughes.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8603

At the end of the month, Audra and I will head to Vegas to talk with DW and decide what to do next in regards to my UFC career. My wife says I'm going to retire and I can't say I blame her. Back when my brother was still fighting, it was hard enough for me to watch him in the octagon; so I can imagine that it is much harder when it is someone you are married to in there fighting. But I told her that I will decide when I give it up. I just feel I have more to give. I've never been hit in practice and hurt and I think in my last two fights I've just been hit hard. Like I said, we will get it figured out at the end of the month.

I'm headed into hunting season now, so I'm still busy. I've had 2 weeks with the family so that has been great. Tater (Katelyn) my 21 month old and I have gotten to spend some good time together. Joey and Hanna are in school, so I'm not around them during the day. Mark's in the field now, so I will tell Nate to snap some pictures of the work being done.

Like I said before, I want to thank you all for the support and I will know a lot more after BJ's fight.

The UFC has made a very good DVD collection with a lot of footage shot at my house and several interviews on it. It should be available for sale right now, if you're interested. Here is the link to the UFC's promotional video for the set (it's in hi-definition so it might take a while to load up):
http://video.ufc.tv/iTunes_podcasts/...ROMO-NOW-1.mp4

Here are the air times for this week's episode of Trophy Hunters TV that I'm hosting, on the Outdoor Channel:

Quote:
Air Dates & Times for 2011
Beginning August 15, 2011
Wednesday, 10:00 AM EST / 9:00 AM CST
Thursdays, 2:30 PM EST / 1:30 PM CST
Thursdays, 12:30 AM EST / 11:30 AM CST
Saturdays, 8:00 PM EST / 7:00 PM CST
The show description for this week:

Quote:
Long Time Coming
(Airs the week of October 3rd, 2011)
After three seasons of near misses, a dedicated bowhunter from New Jersey seeks success in bringing down his first Rocky Mountain elk.
The Bible verse for this week:
Quote:
Surely this is our God: we trusted in Him, and He saved us. This is the LORD, we trusted in Him; let us rejoice and be glad in His salvation. (Isaiah 25:9)
-matt
Old 10-07-2011, 08:19 PM
MMA, VCU, & Doctor Who

Send a message via AIM to VCURamFan

Matt, you're a dedicated warrior & a undeniable champion, but we love you because of the role model you are in your Christian walk, your leadership of your family & your relationships with your friends & fans. Even though, selfishly, I want to see you keep fighting, I will be just as proud to be your fan if you choose to retire. You've got nothing left to prove, to us or anyone else. We love you, Matt.
Old 10-08-2011, 02:22 AM
Chris F

Thanks Matt. As a selfish fan I hope you got more fights but as a married man with kids I know the real battle is not in the octagon. Blessings brother and may God richly bless your household.
Old 10-08-2011, 04:52 AM

Whatever you decide we support you Matt!

Watched some of your fights tonight. Especially the 2nd BJ, Serra, Renzo, and Almeida fights. I believe you have a lot more to show too, but again it's your choice.
IT was great to be there in Denver no matter what happened and will be there for any future fights.

Happy Hunting!

Everyone who is a Hughes fan should buy the DVD. It's really good!

[
Old 10-08-2011, 06:39 AM
CHITOWNHUGHESFAN

When you go meet DW. Ask him when there fighting in Chicago and book ya. You deserve to fight in front of your home crowd! We have your back no matter what u guys decide.
Old 10-08-2011, 04:50 PM
SteveT

Whatever you decide to do, you know you have a family here on your forum that will support whichever decision you make. If you decide to fight again, AWESOME, because we get to watch our Champion go into battle. If you decide to retire that's okay too because you have given us all hundreds of memories in your fights, interviews, posts and videos. Personally, I agree that you still have some to give. You looked great in your fight and your striking was very crisp and accurate. Whatever you decide to do Matt, we got your back
Old 10-09-2011, 12:28 PM
hughesfan4life

Quote:
Originally Posted by VCURamFan View Post
Matt, you're a dedicated warrior & a undeniable champion, but we love you because of the role model you are in your Christian walk, your leadership of your family & your relationships with your friends & fans. Even though, selfishly, I want to see you keep fighting, I will be just as proud to be your fan if you choose to retire. You've got nothing left to prove, to us or anyone else. We love you, Matt.
couldn't say it any better vcu!.love ya matt.x
Old 10-09-2011, 04:27 PM
rearnakedchoke

enjoy hunting season matt ... like everyone else said in this thread, you are a champ and don't need to prove anything ... whatever you decide we are all behind you ... that being said, ask dana for akiyama ...
Old 10-10-2011, 04:31 PM
LESS TALK MORE ACTION

Glad to hear everyones doing good. A fight in Chicago or st Louis would be awesome. As always were behind you whatever path you choose.
WAR HUGHES
Old 10-16-2011, 10:07 PM
Conrad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Llamafighter View Post

Everyone who is a Hughes fan should buy the DVD. It's really good!
Where can I find a listing of the contents?

Post it?

Thanks