Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > Matt Hughes

Old 10-19-2011, 01:20 PM
Administrator

Default BLOG: GSP Out of UFC 137

From Matt's blog:

Quote:
I guess GSP is out of his title fight at UFC 137. All I know is it is some sort of knee injury, but I don't know how bad or how long he'll be out. I will go out on a limb and say it doesn't have to be all that serious for Georges to pull out of the fight, because I know that he likes to make sure he's 100% before he steps into the octagon.

Well this Thursday I'm going to the World Series with Matt Pena, Robbie Lawler and Tony. I've never been to a World Series game, so I hope the weather's decent. Who knows when the next time the Cards will be there? I know this might come as a surprise for some Cubs fans; but they do play baseball in October. Most of the Chicago area has been in football mode for a little over a month now.

Here are the air times for this week's episode of Trophy Hunters TV that I'm hosting on the Outdoor Channel:

Quote:
Air Dates & Times for 2011
Beginning August 15, 2011
Wednesday, 10:00 AM EST / 9:00 AM CST
Thursdays, 2:30 PM EST / 1:30 PM CST
Thursdays, 12:30 AM EST / 11:30 AM CST
Saturdays, 8:00 PM EST / 7:00 PM CST
The show description for this week:

Quote:
"Whitetail - Four for Four
(Airs the week of October 17th, 2011)
Share the adventure of four passionate whitetail hunters as they pursue their own unique experiences in very different parts of Texas.
The Bible verse for this week:
Quote:
Let the loveliness of the LORD, our God, rest on us, confirming the work we do. (Psalm 90:17)
-matt
Old 10-19-2011, 01:48 PM

I'll be interested to see how bad GSP's injury was too. Kind of freezes Condit

It's cool that Penn and Diaz get main event status after all, and Dustin Jacoby gets to move up to main card.

He's a teammate of Tony Zucca's so everyone share your support for Dustin!

[
Old 10-19-2011, 02:21 PM
Primadawn

Oh man, I'm so mad! I was really looking forward to GSP/Condit. I hope that fight still happens, and happens soon.

I know that fighters need to be in the best shape they can be in and don't want to set themselves up at a disadvantage,but jeez, doesn't it seem like EVERYONE'S pulling out of fights now?

I don't even want to try to arrange to go to live events anymore because you never know if the person you wanted to see is actually going to show. It's frustrating. I understand...to an extent...but it's frustrating.
Old 10-19-2011, 03:10 PM
rearnakedchoke

the stakes were upped when gsp was given condit instead .. if he were still fighting diaz, he probably would have taken the fight ..
Old 10-19-2011, 04:47 PM
matthughesfan21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Llamafighter View Post
I'll be interested to see how bad GSP's injury was too. Kind of freezes Condit

It's cool that Penn and Diaz get main event status after all, and Dustin Jacoby gets to move up to main card.

He's a teammate of Tony Zucca's so everyone share your support for Dustin!
He's a teammate of Brian Foster also. He grew up in the next town over and I don't know him well, but we have mutual friends and stuff. Played sports against him and he played a little bit on one of my summer baseball teams...It's just cool to see someone that you know get that opportunity, especially when you have followed there career(was there live for his first amateur and pro fights), hoping he can perform well and take advantage of this opportunity that he's worked very hard for
Old 10-19-2011, 04:48 PM

Quote:
I guess GSP is out of his title fight at UFC 137. All I know is it is some sort of knee injury, but I don't know how bad or how long he'll be out. I will go out on a limb and say it doesn't have to be all that serious for Georges to pull out of the fight, because I know that he likes to make sure he's 100% before he steps into the octagon.
Very telling, thanks for giving your opinion, Matt. I think rnc's comment is right on the money.

Rejoice ever more. 1 Thessalonians 5:16
Old 10-19-2011, 06:31 PM
3dlee

I can't think of one time that the man with most wins inside the octagon has ever pulled out of a fight. Anyone wanna let me know if Matt's ever backed out of a UFC fight due to injury?
Old 10-19-2011, 06:44 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3dlee View Post
I can't think of one time that the man with most wins inside the octagon has ever pulled out of a fight. Anyone wanna let me know if Matt's ever backed out of a UFC fight due to injury?
never backed out of fight period. guess ive just been lucky.
Old 10-19-2011, 06:44 PM
3dlee

thats awesome, matt. thanks for the response. I googled "matt hughes pulls out of fight" right before your reply and only found results of people pulling out of fights with you!
Old 10-19-2011, 06:53 PM
MMA, VCU, & Doctor Who

Send a message via AIM to VCURamFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3dlee View Post
thats awesome, matt. thanks for the response. I googled "matt hughes pulls out of fight" right before your reply and only found results of people pulling out of fights with you!
That's a fully understanable reaction, who in their right minds wants to fight Matt???