Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > Training/Nutrition

Old 05-25-2011, 05:30 AM
suntereo

Default inspired

My wife won a weight loss challenge at the local gym. She lost 20% of her body weight in 60 days and is running down her final goal at great speed. She did a test cut in the middle and a final cut at the end that was very tough. At first she was discouraged when the 5-7lbs bounced back but she has since rolled right on past that weigh in. Yeah she's maried to a wrestling coach. Her final - final goal is to get certified as a personal trainer and take up the owner of the gym's job offer. Couldnt be more proud of her!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg before pics2.jpg (98.8 KB, 24 views)
File Type: jpg after2.jpg (89.4 KB, 24 views)
Old 05-25-2011, 05:42 AM
suntereo

well the title is inspired because I have also begun training. weight loss is a part of my goal but the end goal is to compete in the 2012 washington state greco tourney. In order to do so we will need to get me down to 185lbs, put as much muscle on while doing so and get some type of conditioning.

to do so we have hired a personal trainer, got a gym membership and joined a nogi jiujitsu class for cross training and grappling conditioning. I have been coaching westling almost year round for 5 or six years now and want to clear my head from it while getting in shape so that when I start training full time in october it will be with the new body. This is to keep me from bringing mental limitations onto the mat. My personal motivation is from qualifying for state tournaments 3x in highschool but never winning a match at state. May not change this time but I will be able to say that nothing was held back which cant be said about the other 3x.

It's been a month and here's some numbers.
weight from 197 to 190.6lbs
maintaning 3000 calories a day with nutrition as the goal
mile from 10:30 to 7:54
unable to do back to back 4 min goes to doing 8x 4min goes with 1 min breaks at jiujitsu.
Old 05-25-2011, 10:47 AM
SupaDupaMod

Send a message via Yahoo to Neezar

Sounds like you are doing a great job!

My sister started doing Zumba and the weight is melting off her.
Old 05-25-2011, 02:47 PM
I'm kind of a big deal

That's awesome, congrats to her and good luck to you!
Old 05-25-2011, 03:57 PM
suntereo

my trainer challenged me to do a public log for the accountability, so if you guys dont mind I will be updating this 3 or 4 times a month. thank you for the support so far! He suggested facebook but you guys are more likely to get on board then take it as bragging. For the record I am not eeemmpressed wit my per-form-ants so far
Old 05-25-2011, 04:49 PM
Miss Foxy

Congrats to you and your wife!! That's good to hear and she looks great.. You can boast anytime and it's not boasting silly your "sharing" the exciting events..
Old 05-25-2011, 04:50 PM
Allons-y

Send a message via AIM to VCURamFan

Wow, that is a pheominal acheivement for her! I'm glad that it's inspired you, too, Sun!

I've lett my self get lazy recently & it's starting to show (shirts fitting tighter despite a decided lack of muscle growth, etc. ). I need to get back in there.
Old 05-25-2011, 05:19 PM
County Mike

Tell your wife we all said "Great job!". It's awesome when someone decides to change their life for the better and really stick to it.

Best of luck to you both. I hope it's a lifestyle change that you can both maintain.
Old 05-25-2011, 05:36 PM
Primadawn

That's fantastic! Your wife looks wonderful--I'm so impressed by her results!

And you're off to a great start too--you have goals and a game plan and you're good to go! The time you took of your mile is awesome!

Best of luck to you--I'll be following your journey!
Old 05-25-2011, 06:14 PM
suntereo

Quote:
Originally Posted by County Mike View Post
Tell your wife we all said "Great job!". It's awesome when someone decides to change their life for the better and really stick to it.

Best of luck to you both. I hope it's a lifestyle change that you can both maintain.
I hope so too. this is more of a return to a lifestyle than a "change". We both had very athletic backgrounds that we put on hold to have 5 kids in 7 years. Our youngest is 4 now and we can start to think of ourselves again. My wife is an accomplished gymnist (and former miss washington) while I was a rescue swimmer in the Navy and competed in wrestling, judo and surfing into my mid 20's.