Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > Politics

Old 10-04-2011, 07:28 PM
I'm kind of a big deal

Default Obama Fried Chicken

LOL, I can't believe this is real! Does KFC really think they have a chance to sue in China and win?

http://www.delish.com/food/recalls-r...hina?gt1=47001
Quote:
China's "Obama Fried Chicken" Restaurant Cooks Up Controversy

October 4, 2011 at 8:00AM by Justine Sterling | Comment

Barack Obama wears many hats: president, father, husband, beekeeper, beer-maker, gardener, dog-owner, and now ... fried chicken spokesman? Unbeknownst to the president, a restaurant called Obama Fried Chicken or OFC (seem familiar?) has popped up in Beijing, and neither KFC nor Al Sharpton is happy about it.

The restaurant boasts a red sign displaying a picture of President Obama sporting a Colonel Sanders-esque get up: bowtie and suspenders with a large, cartoonish grin. Underneath the OFC name is a slogan, which, according to Shanghaiist, translated reads, "We so cool, aren't we?"

The Washington Post reports KFC is not happy about the eatery. "We're considering legal action as it is a knock-off and has nothing to do with us and it infringes on our brand trademark," a statement from KFC said. "We find it distasteful."

Al Sharpton couldn't care less about copyright infringement - it's the image of the President he's worried about. "It's insulting, offensive, and plays to racial stereotypes," the Rev. Al Sharpton told the New York Post. "What makes it even worse is that when we deal with this global competition between the U.S. and China, for them to be mocking the leader of the free world, I find it even more appalling."

Check out MSNBC's Behind the Wall blog and let us know what you think.
Old 10-04-2011, 07:40 PM
CAVEMAN

That is friggin hilarious!
Old 10-04-2011, 08:07 PM
rearnakedchoke

seeing as china doesn't recognize international patents, i don't see anyone winning a suit against them
Old 10-05-2011, 08:03 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

China is only trying to be helpful in advising President Barack Obama of what career change he can make when his second term never happens
Old 10-06-2011, 03:59 AM
BamaGrits84

Offensive? Sharpton is such a joke.
Old 10-06-2011, 04:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyburn View Post

China is only trying to be helpful in advising President Barack Obama of what career change he can make when his second term never happens

Sharpton is a joke and a race baiter; I thought Jim Pinkerton described him best when he called him (Sharpton) an "evil demagogue".

To say it plays to racial stereotypes is just Sharpton playing the race card, as usual. Actually, Obama being stereotyped by the Chinese just means he has achieved equal status. Let's not forget the Bush/Texas cowboy stereotype. If one wants to be successful in seeking the highest position in the country, they have to accept the criticism and derision that goes along with the office as well. Now THAT'S equality. I'm sure MLK wouldn't have wanted it any other way.

Rejoice ever more. 1 Thessalonians 5:16
Old 10-06-2011, 05:42 AM
WAR CARDINALS!

I actually find it quite offensive.

How dare they sully the image of the good Colonel...

Sanders could actually do Obama's job, but I refuse to believe Barrack can make a better bucket than the Colonel.

Old 10-06-2011, 01:22 PM
I'm kind of a big deal

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.B. View Post
I actually find it quite offensive.

How dare they sully the image of the good Colonel...

Sanders could actually do Obama's job, but I refuse to believe Barrack can make a better bucket than the Colonel.

LOL, awesome!
Old 10-06-2011, 01:29 PM
rearnakedchoke

i for one find it offensive ... why do blacks get to be stereotyped as fried chicken lovers ... i loves me some fried chicken too ...
Old 10-06-2011, 02:37 PM
I'm kind of a big deal

Quote:
Originally Posted by rearnakedchoke View Post
i for one find it offensive ... why do blacks get to be stereotyped as fried chicken lovers ... i loves me some fried chicken too ...
My wife is Filipino and I swear, she could eat fried chicken every day and feel like she's in Heaven. Of course, they are the descendants of midget blacks the Spanish called the "Negritos".

Nonetheless, I'm with you, I'm Irish, German, and Sioux and I loves me some fried chicken!

Oh, and I roomed with the same guy in college for 2 years, he's black. He said it isn't a stereotype that blacks love fried chicken, it's true. He said that's why you go to the black neighborhoods and there's a chicken hole on every corner. On another funny note regarding this, we were in the black area of San Antonio a few weeks ago and my wife wanted some Church's chicken, I told her she's in the perfect place because the blacks will be making the chicken and if the chicken wasn't good, they wouldn't be in business in that neighborhood. Sure enough, my wife said it was the best chicken she's ever had, lol!