Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > Matt Hughes

Old 09-25-2011, 10:04 AM
sender

Yeah its too bad :(

Matt did look good until he got caught though. Could have happend to anybody :S
Old 09-25-2011, 10:06 AM
hughesfan4life

i agree with every sentiment expressed here.i am so proud to be a fan of yours matt,always have been,always will be..xx
Old 09-25-2011, 11:38 AM
Super Moderator

I can't say it any better than Ben did so I'll just do the +1 here.

~Amy

My son made this for me:
Old 09-25-2011, 12:55 PM

well i ditto all that is said here, but I have to admit, that my overwhelming emotion was more anger than sadness

and there was no one to point that anger at, its not like you can be mad at matt, just mad in general that he lost, it isn't exactly right to be mad at a guy for getting caught and losing at the end of a round that he woulda won on the scorecards but like i said i am/was more mad than sad, but i think that is just cause i knew matt could win and i really really really wanted him to win
Old 09-25-2011, 01:01 PM
bradwright

that was a tough loss in a fight you should have won Matt.

you looked very good in the early going and Kos looked liked he was a step
behind you the whole time.

but you know better then anyone here that its a fight...and anything can happen in a fight to anyone at any time.

Hope you are okay.

you are a class act all the way Matt and i hope some day i get to shake your hand and buy you a beer.
Old 09-25-2011, 01:45 PM

Heart was in my throat for the whole fight. I was cheering you on. Great game plan and it was working so well. You said your goal was exciting fights. It was an exciting fight. With nothing left to prove, you're still a champion in our eyes, in your family's eyes, and in the Lord's eyes and that's really all that matters.
Old 09-25-2011, 03:17 PM
Silverback

Quote:
Originally Posted by VCURamFan View Post
Matt, I love you & will always be a fan of yours, no matter what you do. Even if I need to set up bleachers in the south pasture as you plow the field, I will forever be in your corner. Eac and every endeavor you undertake is pursued so intently that it is a guaranteed success.

The most frustrating part of tonight is that you were winning that fight. Your striking was crisp, your angles were sharp & your power was obvious. Even when he clipped you in the middle of the round, you shook it off & immediately re-established control.

There are so many emotions coursing through me at this moment, foremost among them being pride: I our accomplishments, your legacy, but most impotantly in your Christ-like humility and servant's heart. Leading up to this fight, I was so excited to finally see the fans giving you the admiration and respect you so greatly deserve. I am honored to be able to say that I am an ardent follower of yours and will continue to support you no matter the outcome of any fight.
Nothing will ever change that my friend!!!!
Old 09-25-2011, 05:54 PM
Chris F

Thanks Matt!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and please One more fight and fight in St Louis. Of course I am being selfish as a fan. Your family deserves you home. We fans have stole you long enough. God bless you Matt and my prayers are you enjoy your hunting and family time as much as I enjoy watching you fight.
Old 09-25-2011, 05:58 PM

I can't think of the words beyond what has already been said.

Love, support, and faith...
Old 09-25-2011, 07:37 PM

Matt, I don't think I have ever felt more proud of you than I did last night and that's saying something.

Much love...