Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > Matt Hughes

Old 09-25-2011, 04:09 AM
MMA, VCU, & Doctor Who

Send a message via AIM to VCURamFan
Default We're still behind you, Matt: ALWAYS

Matt, I love you & will always be a fan of yours, no matter what you do. Even if I need to set up bleachers in the south pasture as you plow the field, I will forever be in your corner. Eac and every endeavor you undertake is pursued so intently that it is a guaranteed success.

The most frustrating part of tonight is that you were winning that fight. Your striking was crisp, your angles were sharp & your power was obvious. Even when he clipped you in the middle of the round, you shook it off & immediately re-established control.

There are so many emotions coursing through me at this moment, foremost among them being pride: I our accomplishments, your legacy, but most impotantly in your Christ-like humility and servant's heart. Leading up to this fight, I was so excited to finally see the fans giving you the admiration and respect you so greatly deserve. I am honored to be able to say that I am an ardent follower of yours and will continue to support you no matter the outcome of any fight.
Old 09-25-2011, 04:15 AM
cheachea

+1

I'll always have respect for you Matt.
Old 09-25-2011, 04:49 AM
matthughesfan21

Agreed, looked very good standing and it broke my heart to see it end that way. Always a fan no matter what, love ya Matt!
Old 09-25-2011, 05:24 AM
SupaDupaMod

Send a message via Yahoo to Neezar

Sorry about that, Matt!

I demand a rematch!
Old 09-25-2011, 05:57 AM
Rev

Hey brother, whatever you decide, we are all here. Love you bro. God bless.
Old 09-25-2011, 05:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VCURamFan View Post
Matt, I love you & will always be a fan of yours, no matter what you do. Even if I need to set up bleachers in the south pasture as you plow the field, I will forever be in your corner. Eac and every endeavor you undertake is pursued so intently that it is a guaranteed success.

The most frustrating part of tonight is that you were winning that fight. Your striking was crisp, your angles were sharp & your power was obvious. Even when he clipped you in the middle of the round, you shook it off & immediately re-established control.

There are so many emotions coursing through me at this moment, foremost among them being pride: I our accomplishments, your legacy, but most impotantly in your Christ-like humility and servant's heart. Leading up to this fight, I was so excited to finally see the fans giving you the admiration and respect you so greatly deserve. I am honored to be able to say that I am an ardent follower of yours and will continue to support you no matter the outcome of any fight.
Thank you for starting this thread, Ben. I hope you don't mind me echoing your words but I couldn't say it any better than that and I really felt a need to express my emotions tonight.

God Bless you, Matt.

Rejoice ever more. 1 Thessalonians 5:16
Old 09-25-2011, 07:55 AM
Matt-4; GJJ Black Belts-0

Matt.. No matter where you go from here... you have your beliefs.. your family.. and your real fans... and so much more...
Old 09-25-2011, 08:55 AM
Hughes fanboy

I held back tears after your loss, but it is the CHRIST in you that is what's most important. You did a great job fighting, but fighting for Christ is your greatest accomplishment of all.

Please consider England in your prayers!

http://www.intercessuk.org/iuk3/
Old 09-25-2011, 09:21 AM
WAR CARDINALS!

I agree 100% Ben

No matter where Matt goes from here he has already cemented his legacy and I am fan till they put me in the ground.

This is a tough pill to swallow, Matt did some good things in this fight on his feet, and who knows what would have happened if we just had another couple seconds and got into round 2. I take nothing away from Kos, I knew this would be a tough one, but everyone Matt fights is tough.
Old 09-25-2011, 10:00 AM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neezar View Post
Sorry about that, Matt!

I demand a rematch!
Me Too