Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Old 09-26-2011, 04:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by billwilliams70 View Post
It's good to see that the folks at Yahoo! know how the fight ended. I know that someone from the AP took the picture, but don't Yahoo!'s MMA reporters actually attend the fights in order to get an accurate report of the night's events?

Later.
Freaking idiots I dont think Rampage would be to happy if he read that!
Old 09-26-2011, 02:13 PM
rearnakedchoke

not great, but decent night of fights ... tony ferguson has a real good uppercut ... look to see some good things from this kid .. matt looked great in the fight .. i think it was wavetar who said matt hit him with nothing all night, just not true, go look at the fight again ... matt's strikes were crisp and had kos uncomforatable ... matt looked even better than he did in the renzo fight ... he was stuffing kos's takedown which only thiago and gsp have been able to do .. as nate said, he slipped and kos capitalized ... now the main event was decent ... jones came to fight and so did rampage .. imo rampage looked good but the story of the fight (and probably for a while) is jones range .. rampage would probably had ko'd any other lhw that night but couldn't get inside where he had to ... when page was mounted he did a good job of getting out of it and did stop some takedowns which not too many guys do .. i'd like to see rampage fight bader next or phil davis ...
Old 09-26-2011, 03:56 PM
wavetar

I should clarify...when I said Matt couldn't catch him, I meant with a shot that put Kos in real trouble. I agree Matt's stand up looked very crisp until he got caught. I'm wishing the fight could've hit the mat, I would've liked to have seen them tangle on the ground.

Anyone else think the UFC should let both Rothwell & Hunt go? I'm tired of seeing them sucking wind & stumbling around after the first two minutes in every fight.
Old 09-26-2011, 04:05 PM
rearnakedchoke

Quote:
Originally Posted by wavetar View Post
I should clarify...when I said Matt couldn't catch him, I meant with a shot that put Kos in real trouble. I agree Matt's stand up looked very crisp until he got caught. I'm wishing the fight could've hit the mat, I would've liked to have seen them tangle on the ground.

Anyone else think the UFC should let both Rothwell & Hunt go? I'm tired of seeing them sucking wind & stumbling around after the first two minutes in every fight.
i don't think matt was looking to put kos out with that one shot though .. he was looking to establish a stand-up that took kos out of his game (i could be wrong) like gsp and thiago did ... stuff shots and beat him with punches in bunches ... i mean, i could be wrong, but the way matt targeted that eye right away and kos feeling it was a great plan ... and matt shrugged off the td attempts real good ...

joe silva should have never put those two guys on a card in denver ... it was a disaster waiting to happen ... rothwell should be cut, but hunt no ..
Old 09-26-2011, 04:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rearnakedchoke View Post

joe silva should have never put those two guys on a card in denver ... it was a disaster waiting to happen ... rothwell should be cut, but hunt no ..
I agree Hunt looked pretty good for his size and he fatigued because of all the punching and grappling he did. Ben Rothwell on the other hand was completely gassed but you have to handed to him!! He took some serious punishment and that IRON chin kept him alive! Not even Cain could knock him out!
Old 09-27-2011, 03:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris F View Post
I am a computer idiot translate for those ignornat as myself. BTW thnaks for the link
Just go to google and type "VLC Player", and download/install it.
Old 09-27-2011, 09:34 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qVoPLxAzmsU

my recap video