Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Old 09-25-2011, 12:45 AM
Allons-y

Send a message via AIM to VCURamFan

Riley/Ferguson now. Tony's looking really slick with his striking & is cutting some nice angles. Man, I thought Aaron would be able to put Tony on his back & neutralize his striking, but Ferguson is picking him apart!! This first round has been all Tony, he's definitely hurt Riley a few times with his combos.

They stopped the fight! Looks like Aaron's teeth came through his lip & the doc called it.

Drops me to 2-3.
Old 09-25-2011, 12:48 AM
Allons-y

Quote:
Originally Posted by matthughesfan21 View Post
Ferguson beats Riley by doc stoppage due to a broken jaw
O man, broken jaw!? That'll tend to take you out of your game!

Gotta be honest, I was pretty impressed when Tony got kicked got kicked in the groin & just shook it off & Thea a retaliatory right straight down the pipe.
Old 09-25-2011, 12:50 AM
matthughesfan21

Quote:
Originally Posted by VCURamFan View Post
O man, broken jaw!? That'll tend to take you out of your game!

Gotta be honest, I was pretty impressed when Tony got kicked got kicked in the groin & just shook it off & Thea a retaliatory right straight down the pipe.
Yeah, when he came back to his corner, he said it was broken, and Rogan mentioned it to Ferguson in the post fight interview....They mention it had been previously broken against Spencer Fisher like 6 or 7 years ago
Old 09-25-2011, 12:50 AM
Allons-y

Matt's wearing BJ's RVCA t-shirt! Is that his walk-out shirt?
Old 09-25-2011, 12:52 AM
Allons-y

Quote:
Originally Posted by matthughesfan21 View Post
Yeah, when he came back to his corner, he said it was broken, and Rogan mentioned it to Ferguson in the post fight interview....They mention it had been previously broken against Spencer Fisher like 6 or 7 years ago
O, so he's just plagiarizing from a Miletich boy? I shoulda known!!!
Old 09-25-2011, 01:24 AM
Allons-y

Ok, here comes Gomi/Diaz (pretty sure I picked Nate)

Rnd 1 - Nate drops early, but it may just have been a slip be us Tak's right back up. Diaz is taking full advantage of his range & just landing at will. Gomi took a desperation shot & Nate took his back. Back to their feet & another desperation takedown from Gomi. Nate goes to his back & immediately starts attacking with arm bar/triangle attempts. He locks in a tight triangle, Tak tries to slam his way out, but Nate switches over to an arm bar & just about rips it off before Gomi taps.

The Diaz brothers are now 2-0 against Gomi, & I "improve" to 3-3 on the night.
Old 09-25-2011, 01:38 AM

Nate looked freaking Awesome!!! He looked like Anderson Silva a lol bit the way he was toying with Gommi and the way he was taunting him :-)
Old 09-25-2011, 01:53 AM
Allons-y

Broughton vs. Browne now (I picked Travis).

Rnd 1 - My buddies wife just glanced up at the screen & said "Wow, these guys looked really out of shape. Hard to tell who did more this round, they're both being a bit conservative right now. Browne has landed a few big kicks & punches late, plus he gets a solid single leg & into mount. I think he prolly stole the round there.

Rnd 2 - Travis has clearly been in control of this whole fight. Another late takedown that leads straight to mount. He's up 2 ends on my scorecard, but he looks really tired, can he hold on for a 3rd?

Rnd 3 - Browne is clearly hoping to take a breather at the beginning of three. Rob senses it & tries to clinch, but Travis pushes away & gets another takedown, but is forced to settle for only half guard & not full mount. 30secs later, though & he's escaped the knee. Broughton tries to roll away, but Browne takes the back, then let's Robert roll again to end up in mount again. Broughton moves into guard & nearly gets a kimura, but Travis pass to side control & defends. As the round ends, Robert clambers to his feet, but Browne has already won the fight.

I give it to him 30-27. Judges agree.

I'm now 4-3 (hurrah for above .500!!).
Old 09-25-2011, 02:21 AM
Allons-y

Here we go with Rothwell (my pick) vs. Hunt:

If Ben cab get this fight to the ground with being blasted by Mark, he should win handily. So far, though, he's telegraphing his shots too much & Hunt's defending easily. There it is! Ben ducks under a hook & gets a takedown, quickly moving to dominant position. He doesn't maintain, though, & Mark scrambles back up. Again Ben shoots & again he gets denied. A fourth failed attempt. Rothwell already looks tired. He takes a sloppy shot again & Hunt reverses, but they're back to their feet. As the round ends, Rothwell has gotten another takedown & landed some GnP. Relly close, but I give it to Hunt for his defense & better striking.

Both men come out of their corners plodding, but Mark's punches still have snap on 'em. Mark is starting to to land some big leg kicks & after two, Ben's already starting to get turned around by the force. Rothwell tries to clinch & get a takedown, but Mark turns it into a takedown of his own. Ben wants to look for submissions, but Mark is beating him up. 90sec left & Hunt moves into side control. At 30sec, Hunt gets mount. 20sec left & he grabs an arm bar & starts to torque!! The bell saves Rothwells arm. His corner is trying to glue him back together.

Mark smells blood & is head hunting (see what I did there?). Ben is hurting. He tries to sprawl from a Hunt shot, but Mark literally just pushes him over & continues the GnP. The ref doesn't see enough activity & stands them up. Ben tries another shot, but he ends up turtles with Mark on top. Back to their feet, another bad shot & Mark's in side control again. WTF!! Mark is in a dominant position & landing punches, but the ref stands them up! I am sick & tired of the idiotic, untrained, ignorant referees ruining fights.

Man, that fight looks like the longest 17min in these guy's lives. I gotta think Mark took it at least 29-28.

Now I'm 4-4.
Old 09-25-2011, 02:24 AM
Allons-y

Matt's up next. I am officially nervous. I don't know what to do with myself.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qqhkd...e_gdata_player

I can tell you this: I'm not posting for this fight. Gotta make sure I concentrate.