Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > Matt Hughes

Old 09-24-2011, 04:17 PM
Preach

Default Fight night

So here it is the day of the fight and to be quite honest I am more excited for this fight than any in recent history. There are several reasons the most important is seeing Matt have an opportunity to squash a fighter I seriously don't like. But I have a couple questions to ask.
1. What do you all think is the perfect game plan against Koschunk? Take down, clinch or stand up?
2. Do you consider Kos a serious threat?
3. After watching numerous videos and the reaction on message boards. What reason do you think that more fans are coming to the Hughes side in past it seemed people liked seeing him lose but more recent people are cheering for him?
Old 09-24-2011, 04:37 PM
Allons-y

Send a message via AIM to VCURamFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Preach View Post
So here it is the day of the fight and to be quite honest I am more excited for this fight than any in recent history. There are several reasons the most important is seeing Matt have an opportunity to squash a fighter I seriously don't like. But I have a couple questions to ask.
1. What do you all think is the perfect game plan against Koschunk? Take down, clinch or stand up?
2. Do you consider Kos a serious threat?
3. After watching numerous videos and the reaction on message boards. What reason do you think that more fans are coming to the Hughes side in past it seemed people liked seeing him lose but more recent people are cheering for him?
1. I think what Matt should do is pressure KOs early, push him up against the fence & dirty box, making Kos carry his weight & wear him down. Kos has been in serious mode for less than 3 weeks & hasn't been working at altitude as much as Matt has. If Matt can put the grind on Josh early, I think he'll wear out & Matt can GnP a victory.

2. Absolutely, I think he's more dangerous than Diego is. Sanchez's only real advantage was his aggression & his pace, whereas Josh is a pedigreed wrestler who has proven he can knock people out.

3. I think a lot of it is because Serra's not running his mouth anymore. Matt wasn't construed as a jerk until Serra started going off on Season 4 & kept running his mouth for years until Matt finally shut him up. Since then, there's been no one making up BS about him. His next three opponents did nothing but sing his praises & now BJ is spending more time hyping Matt than he is hyping his match against Nick. I think the combination of Serra shutting up & BJ now solidly in Matt's corner have turned the tide of stupidity.
Old 09-24-2011, 05:06 PM

1. The perfect game plan IMO is for Matt to rush in and push Josh against the cage ala Randy Couture! Get a take down and GNP once he hurts
Him go for submissions. I just hope Matt doesn't take long in the feeling out process throwing jabs cause it could be q short night.

2.Josh is definitely a huge thread for Matt for I feel he is a younger version of Matt with way better stand up. And definitely more knock out power. Although Matts ground game and GNP is way way better than joshs. The wrestling I see it pretty even.

3. I think fans are more on Matts side now because even though they might not like him they aknoladge Matts legacy and pioneering of the sport. Also I think people like to root for veterans over young cocky fighters. Tito is the perfect example that when a fighter is possibly facing retirement even if people don't like them they tend to root for them.

WAR HUGHES!!!