Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > Matt Hughes

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #11  
Old 09-24-2011, 01:59 PM
VCURamFan's Avatar
VCURamFan VCURamFan is offline
MMA, VCU, & Doctor Who
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Basketball Capital of the World
Posts: 14,313
Send a message via AIM to VCURamFan
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NateR View Post
I saw this at Walmart yesterday and it was the last copy they had, so I made sure to pick it up on my lunch break. I haven't had a chance to watch it yet (even though I have every single one of those fights on VHS or DVD), but it is a really sharp looking set.
The feature on Disc 1 is great. Has some new footage & pics from Matt's first fight that I hadn't seen before & has interviews with Audra, Pat, Russell (their dad) & most of Matt's biggest rivals (BJ, GSP, Serra & Trigg). I had to stop watching just as they were gearing up for the Serra fight (I knew having friends was a mistake!), but GSP & BJ were extremely complimentary. Trigg kinda was when talking about the first fight, but was a complete & utter passive aggressive sad-sack whiner about the second. Really pissed me off & made me want to see Hughes/Trigg III, just to have Matt crush him in the balls 3-4 times & then ask "Are you sure? Because I think I hit just hit your bladder..."

Anyway, it was really well done (thus far) & I can't wait to finish watching it!!
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 09-25-2011, 09:55 PM
Llamafighter's Avatar
Llamafighter Llamafighter is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Astoria, New York
Posts: 4,980
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by VCURamFan View Post
The feature on Disc 1 is great. Has some new footage & pics from Matt's first fight that I hadn't seen before & has interviews with Audra, Pat, Russell (their dad) & most of Matt's biggest rivals (BJ, GSP, Serra & Trigg). I had to stop watching just as they were gearing up for the Serra fight (I knew having friends was a mistake!), but GSP & BJ were extremely complimentary. Trigg kinda was when talking about the first fight, but was a complete & utter passive aggressive sad-sack whiner about the second. Really pissed me off & made me want to see Hughes/Trigg III, just to have Matt crush him in the balls 3-4 times & then ask "Are you sure? Because I think I hit just hit your bladder..."

Anyway, it was really well done (thus far) & I can't wait to finish watching it!!
I just watched the disc one feature and REALLY liked it! great interviews and everything! We played it on the big screen at Matt's after party last night. It's cool to see the guys that wrote that history watching some of the footage.
__________________
"Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear - not absence of fear."
-Mark Twain

[
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 09-25-2011, 10:00 PM
flo's Avatar
flo flo is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: The Great Pacific Northwest
Posts: 7,720
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Llamafighter View Post
I just watched the disc one feature and REALLY liked it! great interviews and everything! We played it on the big screen at Matt's after party last night. It's cool to see the guys that wrote that history watching some of the footage.
You lucky dawg, you!!!

I'm just glad I got my copy right away but it would have been nice to be there with y'all. More than nice, AWESOME.
__________________
http://www.matt-hughes.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=339&dateline=13068036  43

Rejoice ever more. 1 Thessalonians 5:16
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 09-25-2011, 10:18 PM
Llamafighter's Avatar
Llamafighter Llamafighter is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Astoria, New York
Posts: 4,980
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by flo View Post
You lucky dawg, you!!!

I'm just glad I got my copy right away but it would have been nice to be there with y'all. More than nice, AWESOME.
Despite Matt not getting the win, it (as always ) was an great weekend catching up with new and old friends.
__________________
"Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear - not absence of fear."
-Mark Twain

[
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 09-26-2011, 08:30 PM
SteveT
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Just bought my copy of it....can't wait to watch it!!!
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 09-27-2011, 03:52 AM
Llamafighter's Avatar
Llamafighter Llamafighter is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Astoria, New York
Posts: 4,980
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveT View Post
Just bought my copy of it....can't wait to watch it!!!
AWESOME SIG, RED!!!!
__________________
"Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear - not absence of fear."
-Mark Twain

[
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 09-29-2011, 12:47 AM
TENNESSEAN's Avatar
TENNESSEAN TENNESSEAN is offline
LESS TALK MORE ACTION
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 280
Default

Don't like trigg but I had to laugh when he said something like "I had him knocked out and thought I was finishing him off but apparently I was just waking him up"

Last edited by TENNESSEAN; 09-29-2011 at 01:23 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 09-29-2011, 02:59 AM
CHITOWNHUGHESFAN
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Just got it at the house. It is a present for my brother . Its his
birthday. Would it be wrong to make sure it works? I so want to watch it!!
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 09-29-2011, 08:27 PM
JavierDLC's Avatar
JavierDLC JavierDLC is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: El Paso Texas
Posts: 2,306
Default

I just got my Blu-Ray Today!! Cant wait to get of work and watch it.

__________________
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 09-30-2011, 04:53 AM
CHITOWNHUGHESFAN
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

U say something? lol


Your sig is awesome!
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 07:33 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.