Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > Matt Hughes

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #21  
Old 09-19-2011, 03:21 PM
Llamafighter's Avatar
Llamafighter Llamafighter is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Astoria, New York
Posts: 4,980
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHITOWNHUGHESFAN View Post
Well, I have bid for jersey. I just hope it goes to someone who really is a fan of Matt's. Let me know if someone on here is bidding. So I know to take it easy on them . WAR HUGHES.
WIN IT WIN IT WIN IT!!
__________________
"Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear - not absence of fear."
-Mark Twain

[
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 09-19-2011, 06:07 PM
Chris F
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHITOWNHUGHESFAN View Post
Well, I have bid for jersey. I just hope it goes to someone who really is a fan of Matt's. Let me know if someone on here is bidding. So I know to take it easy on them . WAR HUGHES.
Good luck man. I wish I had the cash to bid on it. The shirt alone is an awesome item.
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 09-20-2011, 03:18 PM
CHITOWNHUGHESFAN
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

First time doing the Ebay thing. So im not sure how it works with a minute to go. Can someone place a bid with a sec to win it? Anyone who knows hit me up. Thx
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 09-20-2011, 03:46 PM
Llamafighter's Avatar
Llamafighter Llamafighter is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Astoria, New York
Posts: 4,980
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHITOWNHUGHESFAN View Post
First time doing the Ebay thing. So im not sure how it works with a minute to go. Can someone place a bid with a sec to win it? Anyone who knows hit me up. Thx
some people are vultures on there and they'll wait til the last second and outbid.
__________________
"Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear - not absence of fear."
-Mark Twain

[
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 09-20-2011, 03:52 PM
CHITOWNHUGHESFAN
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Llamafighter View Post
some people are vultures on there and they'll wait til the last second and outbid.
Oh great...... Well I guess i can always out bid myself at the last sec and see how that works. Then again ,all i could of of done is raise my own price lol.
What to do .....what to do.....
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 09-20-2011, 04:49 PM
Llamafighter's Avatar
Llamafighter Llamafighter is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Astoria, New York
Posts: 4,980
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHITOWNHUGHESFAN View Post
Oh great...... Well I guess i can always out bid myself at the last sec and see how that works. Then again ,all i could of of done is raise my own price lol.
What to do .....what to do.....
has anyone else been bidding? you'll probably be okay. Can you set up alerts so oyu know when someone else bids? you could make a "purchase now" offer he said. not sure what he's looking for price wise.
__________________
"Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear - not absence of fear."
-Mark Twain

[
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 09-20-2011, 05:42 PM
CHITOWNHUGHESFAN
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Llamafighter View Post
has anyone else been bidding? you'll probably be okay. Can you set up alerts so oyu know when someone else bids? you could make a "purchase now" offer he said. not sure what he's looking for price wise.
Just one other person. But I think I scared him off. Good point about askin him what his purchase price is. Cant tell if there is a reserve. Or even if Ebay has that. Ill roll with it. Thx for help.
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 09-20-2011, 06:27 PM
BamaGrits84
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

I made the stupid mistake of buying some signed Nate Diaz gloves off ebay. The guy had a picture up and everything. Well he must have used a picture from 1 pair being signed and passed it off with some the seller signed himself. When we got the pair I noticed the sign was a little different on each glove so I went back online and looked at some certified ones. Very different. Oh well, we still display them. None of the folks who see them will ever know the difference. Best bet if you are going to spend a bit is look for a seller who offers a certificate with it.
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 09-21-2011, 02:50 AM
Chris F
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHITOWNHUGHESFAN View Post
Just one other person. But I think I scared him off. Good point about askin him what his purchase price is. Cant tell if there is a reserve. Or even if Ebay has that. Ill roll with it. Thx for help.
It will say if it has a reserve when you bid. Also your bid is your hghest bid. You can raise that with out raising the price as long as you are still the highest bidder. Good luck
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 09-21-2011, 02:54 AM
Chris F
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaGrits84 View Post
I made the stupid mistake of buying some signed Nate Diaz gloves off ebay. The guy had a picture up and everything. Well he must have used a picture from 1 pair being signed and passed it off with some the seller signed himself. When we got the pair I noticed the sign was a little different on each glove so I went back online and looked at some certified ones. Very different. Oh well, we still display them. None of the folks who see them will ever know the difference. Best bet if you are going to spend a bit is look for a seller who offers a certificate with it.
sadly there are crooks out there. But in autographs a COA is worhtless. The only thing that is vaulable is if the COA is from a reputable 3rd party authenticator like JSA and these people charge but it is worth it if the seller has it. Also you can send many companies a photo and if it is clear enough they can verify the sig. E bay also has a protection if someone switches what they send you vs what they advertise, that is unless they make it clear the photo is simply an example and they say things like actual glove may vary etc etc. Sorry someone did that to you.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 07:19 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.