Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > Matt Hughes

Old 09-16-2011, 08:47 PM
Chris F

Default Signed Matt Hughes jersey

Well someone on here might have more expendeble cash than I. I would love to get this myself but just do not have the cash. Maybe one of you will get it so it goes to a real fan. It is a Jersey signed from Season 2 of the Ultimate Fighter. Good luck.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/UFC-Ultimate...item415d6a63fe
Old 09-16-2011, 10:58 PM

That's a different signature then I have on my Army of The One shirt. Can anyone confirm that Matt signed his shirts like that when TUF 2 came out?

[
Old 09-16-2011, 11:15 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Llamafighter View Post
That's a different signature then I have on my Army of The One shirt. Can anyone confirm that Matt signed his shirts like that when TUF 2 came out?
I was thinking the same thing. Without a photo of Matt holding the jersey, you can't really confirm that the autograph is authentic. It doesn't seem slanted enough compared to the signatures I've seen, but of course signing on fabric is a very different thing compared to signing on paper.

I think it's a buyer beware type of situation. I'm about 50/50 on whether this is authentic or not; but I think that would be the case with any autograph without a photo or some kind of certificate of authenticity. If it's a forgery, it's not nearly as bad of a forgery as some of the crap I've seen out there.

The seller says that it was signed around the time of UFC 56, which is exactly the same time frame that my UFC gloves were signed. So here is a photo of those:

Anyone interested in the TUF2 jersey can compare the autographs and judge for themselves.

And yes, I just wanted another excuse to show off my autographed gloves from UFC 52.
Old 09-17-2011, 01:12 AM

There are definitely some differences but the fact that he put U.F.C. World Champ in both is consitent. The "M's" in Matt worry me a bit and he didn't let the "H" drop below the M on your gloves..
definitely a buyer beware, but the jersey alone is sweet!

[
Old 09-17-2011, 01:21 AM
Chris F

Yeah one always have to be careful. I thought they looked a little different but the other was consistent with other autographs.
Old 09-17-2011, 02:06 AM
Silverback

You can compare it to this one,First signature after being inducted into the Hall of Fame.(Nate)
Old 09-17-2011, 03:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverback View Post
You can compare it to this one,First signature after being inducted into the Hall of Fame.(Nate)
that's cool but Nater's are the coolest! Even Dana says that's the best UFC fight ever.
I have an autographed shirt but i got it from saving up points on Matt's search engine. I'll take a pic of it tomorrow.

[
Old 09-17-2011, 03:20 AM
Silverback

Quote:
Originally Posted by Llamafighter View Post
that's cool but Nater's are the coolest! Even Dana says that's the best UFC fight ever.
I have an autographed shirt but i got it from saving up points on Matt's search engine. I'll take a pic of it tomorrow.
Yes, I must agree with you on that, but having the first sig after being inducted isn't to shabby for a punk like me. It is a hard task to one up the old Nate man.
Old 09-17-2011, 04:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverback View Post
Yes, I must agree with you on that, but having the first sig after being inducted isn't to shabby for a punk like me. It is a hard task to one up the old Nate man.
Yours is definitely an awesome piece of history! and you got it on a Team Hughes shirt!

[
Old 09-17-2011, 07:03 AM
Chris F

You all are so lucky. Maybe one day I will get a chance to meet Matt and get a Autograph. When i lived up in the St Louis area before I was going to go to his book signing but sadly I had an emergency at the church I was pastoring and I had to be the shepherd of the flock if you know what I mean. Someday however.