Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Old 09-15-2011, 01:55 AM
Shane Lee 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by matthughesfan21 View Post
This article makes it sound like he is still under contract by the UFC, but they have given him permission to fight outside of the UFC in order to get tuned up since all the injuries

http://mmajunkie.com/news/25229/ufcs...jack-mason.mma
My information is 4 days old and at that time the information I got was a cut... I have been simmering on it and posted today. I just got off the phone with Foster and they are basically releasing him to allow him "tune-up" before his return.

Foster said this, "I am a fighter and I am going to fight!"

I did stir some folks up with this post and that's what I intended to do. I can't say who but there where some calls made. Publicity is publicity regardless of how you get it. It is important to stay in the public eye and to have their support.

I am going to remove this post in one hour since I am involved with Foster as a business partner and I do not ever want to negatively affect him with the UFC or in his career.

I am a person when I think something isn't right I say it. I try to stand for something. Sometimes people like that sometimes they don't. Some people love me some people hate me. But I promise you I am an honest person and extremely loyal.

BTW..... This has nothing to do with Matt Hughes and Matt I publicly apologize to you for carrying out my agenda on his forum. In retrospect I should have done this from my own facebook or something. I was just hoping to garner support from true fans and people who share my same passion. Matt you have my number and e-mail (he hasn't called or anything) but I wanted to apologize if you find this unacceptable. I was just trying to stand up for my friend.

Thank you everyone for your support..... I am currently working on a webpage for Foster and hope to have a forum as well......
Old 09-15-2011, 02:32 AM

If you noticed Marc Fiore commented in the comment section, this was the first thing I read after I saw you posted here.

Quote:
Marc Fiore (marcfiore1)

Brian Foster was not given permission to fight outside of UFC, he was medically released. We would like to thank the UFC for the opportunity they have given Brian to be a part of their organization. Brian has been medically cleared to fight by a neurosurgeon which works with NFL players and also by two other MD's. Our goal is to keep Brian actively fighting and to monitor his medical well being. Due to Brian being released from the UFC, he will be fighting in Cage Warriors in London and with Capital City Cage Wars in Springfield IL on October 15. Our ultimate goal for Brian is to get him back into the UFC.
Fiore MMA
Marc Fiore(Brian's manager/trainer)

Personally I think that really is the best attitude to have

He did have a busted nut and a brain hemmorage

I think he will be back in the ufc someday

I know the squeaky wheel gets the grease, but it also gets alot of ire too

Marc will have earned Foster his spot back in the ufc before you know it and earned spots are so much more comfortable than nagged spots or pity spots

besides a tune up fight will be good for foster

Dana knows what he is doing, and he still has a business to run at the end of the day or we will just have another strikeforce

I highly doubt dana is doing anything to spite foster, or doesn't care about him, I think he will give him another chance sooner than later, you never know when he will get a call to replace an injured fighter or something
Old 09-15-2011, 02:36 AM

just wanted to add that I don't want to sound like I am scolding you,

I know you are a really passionate person Shane, I just sometimes feel the need to break up lynch mobs j/k

besides a medical discharge is alot better than a babalu or semtex style ban from the organization

Foster obviously has his followers, me included
Old 09-15-2011, 03:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by matthughesfan21 View Post
This article makes it sound like he is still under contract by the UFC, but they have given him permission to fight outside of the UFC in order to get tuned up since all the injuries

http://mmajunkie.com/news/25229/ufcs...jack-mason.mma
Do you think so? I read it kind of differently, mhf21.

Quote:

Sidelined for a year due to injuries, former UFC welterweight Brian Foster has been officially released from the organization and now meets Jack Mason in a 181-pound catchweight bout at Cage Warriors 44.

------

A victory over such a tough opponent could potentially put Foster back in the UFC, where he's won three of his past four fights (and six of his past eight).
I agree that they were ambiguous about it though.

Rejoice ever more. 1 Thessalonians 5:16
Old 09-15-2011, 03:19 AM
Shane Lee 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamt View Post
If you noticed Marc Fiore commented in the comment section, this was the first thing I read after I saw you posted here.

Personally I think that really is the best attitude to have

He did have a busted nut and a brain hemmorage

I think he will be back in the ufc someday

I know the squeaky wheel gets the grease, but it also gets alot of ire too

Marc will have earned Foster his spot back in the ufc before you know it and earned spots are so much more comfortable than nagged spots or pity spots

besides a tune up fight will be good for foster

Dana knows what he is doing, and he still has a business to run at the end of the day or we will just have another strikeforce

I highly doubt dana is doing anything to spite foster, or doesn't care about him, I think he will give him another chance sooner than later, you never know when he will get a call to replace an injured fighter or something
Adamt,

I haven't spoken to Fiore but I speak to Foster directly several times a week. The information he gave me was not this. But after I posted this and we talked this is the info. I got as well. I agree with a tune-up fight, I agree with a medical release until he is proven healthy, but my issue was a straight cut. And as a close friend I voiced my opinion and acted more emotionally than professionally which is not my norm. But I am close to Foster and his family. His kids stay at my home. And I manage his fanpage and business ventures ect. So it is hard not to get emotionally attached to the goings on in his career. I do however appreciate the show of support that everyone here is giving Brian.

I don't want anything but to see good people do well.
Old 09-15-2011, 03:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shane Lee 2 View Post
Adamt,

I haven't spoken to Fiore but I speak to Foster directly several times a week. The information he gave me was not this. But after I posted this and we talked this is the info. I got as well. I agree with a tune-up fight, I agree with a medical release until he is proven healthy, but my issue was a straight cut. And as a close friend I voiced my opinion and acted more emotionally than professionally which is not my norm. But I am close to Foster and his family. His kids stay at my home. And I manage his fanpage and business ventures ect. So it is hard not to get emotionally attached to the goings on in his career. I do however appreciate the show of support that everyone here is giving Brian.

I don't want anything but to see good people do well.
You reacted how anyone would react if their buddy was going through the same thing. No worries in my book, Shane. You do a lot of great things!

[
Old 09-15-2011, 03:29 AM
Shane Lee 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Llamafighter View Post
You reacted how anyone would react if their buddy was going through the same thing. No worries in my book, Shane. You do a lot of great things!
Thank you so much!
Old 09-15-2011, 03:56 AM
SupaDupaMod

Send a message via Yahoo to Neezar

Quote:
My information is 4 days old and at that time the information I got was a cut... I have been simmering on it and posted today. I just got off the phone with Foster and they are basically releasing him to allow him "tune-up" before his return.

Foster said this, "I am a fighter and I am going to fight!"

I did stir some folks up with this post and that's what I intended to do. I can't say who but there where some calls made. Publicity is publicity regardless of how you get it. It is important to stay in the public eye and to have their support.

I am going to remove this post in one hour since I am involved with Foster as a business partner and I do not ever want to negatively affect him with the UFC or in his career.

I am a person when I think something isn't right I say it. I try to stand for something. Sometimes people like that sometimes they don't. Some people love me some people hate me. But I promise you I am an honest person and extremely loyal.

BTW..... This has nothing to do with Matt Hughes and Matt I publicly apologize to you for carrying out my agenda on his forum. In retrospect I should have done this from my own facebook or something. I was just hoping to garner support from true fans and people who share my same passion. Matt you have my number and e-mail (he hasn't called or anything) but I wanted to apologize if you find this unacceptable. I was just trying to stand up for my friend.

Thank you everyone for your support..... I am currently working on a webpage for Foster and hope to have a forum as well......
Shane, your posts have already been quoted so you can't remove those.

But anyway, I'm not sure why you would want to. If it offends Hughes then I will be the first to hit the delete button but no one can fault you here.

We all have posted passionately about controversial or emotional topics but I have yet to anyone try to censure me or my opinions here (even if they think them harsh or wrong). And, God love him, Dave has offended everyone from our President down to simple country folk and he is still here. lol

I would wait. If you don't hear from Matt or Nate then I would leave it as is. It was a great post!
Old 09-15-2011, 03:58 AM

Quote:
I did stir some folks up with this post and that's what I intended to do. I can't say who but there where some calls made.

Why all the cloak-and-dagger??? It's perfectly legit to stick up for your buddy.

I didn't know we could remove posts. Us peons, I mean.

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamt View Post
If I know the squeaky wheel gets the grease, but it also gets alot of ire too.
Really, Adam?? Who is irked and why? Fans just want to see Brian fighting in the best situation possible and that would be the UFC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Llamafighter View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neezar View Post
It was a great post!

Word.

Rejoice ever more. 1 Thessalonians 5:16
Old 09-15-2011, 04:07 AM
SupaDupaMod

Send a message via Yahoo to Neezar

Quote:
Originally Posted by flo View Post

Really, Adam?? Who is irked and why? Fans just want to see Brian fighting in the best situation possible and that would be the UFC.
Exactly!!
+1
tru dat

All of those things! lol