Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 09-14-2011, 08:48 PM
Shane Lee 2
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Brian Foster Cut From UFC (Big Time BS!!!!)

Well as many of you know Foster and I are very close...... I have actually been helping him manage his marketing and business stuff (for free as a friend)......

As you may know he was injured and wasn't able to fight for months.... For a fighter, not fighting many times means no income. Brian was itching to fight he is very talented and would go far in the UFC. I believe he has what it takes to be a champ. He is like a brother to me and I love the guy.

Well Foster got cleared and was gearing up for his next bout only to my shock and awe to be cut, even though he had a contract, by the UFC because he is deemed a liability. I am disgusted by this! Didn't Gilbert Melendez have a hemorrage a while back and he is fighting for them?

I don't feel this is fair or right! The UFC is becoming too much of a cooperation to where the fighters don't matter any more only the $$$$$ and the people they can put in the seats. The fighters are just Dana's pawns now to be used and thrown away at his discretion! Maybe I am wrong but it sure seems so. Fighters are people like you and I with families, bills, and problems and for some of them this is all they know. I know Robbie Lawler once told me he has never had a regular job just fighting. But it doesn't seem the UFC takes that into consideration much less do they care.

I haven't told Foster I was going to write this but I would like to start an emailing/writing/Youtube campaign to the UFC to bring Foster back! If you would join in to help me I would appreciate it.

I hope on top of my A Fighter's Chance charity eventually I can do something for fighters that get injured or let go like this. Some type of fighters foundation to help them out.

But for now we can let the power of the consumers voice work for us and try and speak out on Foster's behalf to the UFC. Cause one thing they do care about are the people like you and me that pay the bills and they want our money and to have the fighters we want to see. So please help me in this and spread the word. I want to be a thorn in Dana and his peoples side till they bring a deserving fighter back.

Thanks,

Shane

p.s. Sorry I haven't been on in a while life has been crazy

Last edited by Shane Lee 2; 09-14-2011 at 09:04 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 09-14-2011, 09:17 PM
Llamafighter's Avatar
Llamafighter Llamafighter is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Astoria, New York
Posts: 4,980
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shane Lee 2 View Post
Well as many of you know Foster and I are very close...... I have actually been helping him manage his marketing and business stuff (for free as a friend)......

As you may know he was injured and wasn't able to fight for months.... For a fighter, not fighting many times means no income. Brian was itching to fight he is very talented and would go far in the UFC. I believe he has what it takes to be a champ. He is like a brother to me and I love the guy.

Well Foster got cleared and was gearing up for his next bout only to my shock and awe to be cut, even though he had a contract, by the UFC because he is deemed a liability. I am disgusted by this! Didn't Gilbert Melendez have a hemorrage a while back and he is fighting for them?

I don't feel this is fair or right! The UFC is becoming too much of a cooperation to where the fighters don't matter any more only the $$$$$ and the people they can put in the seats. The fighters are just Dana's pawns now to be used and thrown away at his discretion! Maybe I am wrong but it sure seems so. Fighters are people like you and I with families, bills, and problems and for some of them this is all they know. I know Robbie Lawler once told me he has never had a regular job just fighting. But it doesn't seem the UFC takes that into consideration much less do they care.

I haven't told Foster I was going to write this but I would like to start an emailing/writing/Youtube campaign to the UFC to bring Foster back! If you would join in to help me I would appreciate it.

I hope on top of my A Fighter's Chance charity eventually I can do something for fighters that get injured or let go like this. Some type of fighters foundation to help them out.

But for now we can let the power of the consumers voice work for us and try and speak out on Foster's behalf to the UFC. Cause one thing they do care about are the people like you and me that pay the bills and they want our money and to have the fighters we want to see. So please help me in this and spread the word. I want to be a thorn in Dana and his peoples side till they bring a deserving fighter back.

Thanks,

Shane

p.s. Sorry I haven't been on in a while life has been crazy
Hey Shane,
I'm totally shocked!
How does Matt Brown come back and Brian doesn't get another chance? Can't he get cleared by a UFC certified doctor? What about what happened to Thiago Alves??
Foster is one of my favorites and I hate to see this. I'll help however I can.
I know financially it sucks, butI also know that Foster loves fighting.
Lets see what we can do for him!
__________________
"Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear - not absence of fear."
-Mark Twain

[
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 09-14-2011, 09:30 PM
TENNESSEAN's Avatar
TENNESSEAN TENNESSEAN is offline
LESS TALK MORE ACTION
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 280
Default

WHAT??? This is bad news man! UNBELIEVABLE! we can start by covering up their facebook page.

http://www.facebook.com/#!/UFC

every time the UFC makes a update we should comment BRING FOSTER BACK!!

WAR FOSTER!!!!!

someone should post dana and lorenzo's tweeter address so we can hit it.
sorry, i dont do tweeter but ill sign up for this.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 09-14-2011, 09:30 PM
Shane Lee 2
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Llamafighter View Post
Hey Shane,
I'm totally shocked!
How does Matt Brown come back and Brian doesn't get another chance? Can't he get cleared by a UFC certified doctor? What about what happened to Thiago Alves??
Foster is one of my favorites and I hate to see this. I'll help however I can.
I know financially it sucks, butI also know that Foster loves fighting.
Lets see what we can do for him!
He was cleared by two doctors.... That the UFC knew he was going to....

Yeah Thiago is another example.....

And yes he loves the sport..... Thanks for the help

As you said I'm shocked!
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 09-14-2011, 09:30 PM
Shane Lee 2
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TENNESSEAN View Post
WHAT??? This is bad news man! UNBELIEVABLE! we can start by covering up their facebook page.

http://www.facebook.com/#!/UFC

every time the UFC makes a update we should comment BRING FOSTER BACK!!

WAR FOSTER!!!!!

someone should post dana and lorenzo's tweeter address so we can hit it.
sorry, i dont do tweeter but ill sign up for this.
Good Idea thanks!!
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 09-14-2011, 09:33 PM
Shane Lee 2
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shane Lee 2 View Post
Good Idea thanks!!
I have already hit the UFC facebook
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 09-14-2011, 09:40 PM
TENNESSEAN's Avatar
TENNESSEAN TENNESSEAN is offline
LESS TALK MORE ACTION
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 280
Default

me too. not sure if my link took people to the right page. heres another

http://www.facebook.com/UFC?sk=wall&...=wall&filter=1
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 09-14-2011, 10:40 PM
flo's Avatar
flo flo is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: The Great Pacific Northwest
Posts: 7,720
Default

I'm so sorry to hear that, Shane! I understand the UFC has to make sensible business decisions but this isn't sensible!! Brian is a really good fighter with a great record to match, dang, this is terrible news after all he's been through health-wise. I would definitely add my name to a petition.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TENNESSEAN View Post
me too. not sure if my link took people to the right page. heres another

http://www.facebook.com/UFC?sk=wall&...=wall&filter=1
Good idea, the squeaky wheel gets the grease. I left a comment under my husband's FB page, I'll add mine a little later. I think it should make a difference, Dana *does* listen to the fans.
__________________
http://www.matt-hughes.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=339&dateline=13068036  43

Rejoice ever more. 1 Thessalonians 5:16
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 09-14-2011, 11:38 PM
SteveT
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

posted on FB page !!!!! This is horrible news. I enjoyed the few minutes I got to spend talking to Brian in Detroit
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 09-15-2011, 01:38 AM
matthughesfan21
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

This article makes it sound like he is still under contract by the UFC, but they have given him permission to fight outside of the UFC in order to get tuned up since all the injuries

http://mmajunkie.com/news/25229/ufcs...jack-mason.mma
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 06:54 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.