ufcfan2

Default BJ Penn vs. Nick Diaz: October 29

http://www.rearnakedjoke.com/ufc-mma...ctober-29.html
Old 09-09-2011, 12:51 AM
I'm kind of a big deal

WAR PENN!!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.ufc.com/news/ufc-137-fight-card-updates?137

Quote:
...If UFC fans didn't get enough blockbuster news this week, company President Dana White delivered some more Thursday evening with the announcement that Strikeforce welterweight champion Nick Diaz is not only remaining in the UFC fold after being pulled from his UFC 137 title bout with Georges St-Pierre (due to missing two pre-fight press conferences this week) but that he will still be fighting on October 29th. The opponent for the Stockton native's first Octagon bout since 2006? Former two division world champion BJ Penn.

The bout came to fruition after Penn's original foe for the UFC 137 event in Las Vegas, Carlos Condit, was moved up to replace Diaz against GSP. And by popular demand, White made the new bout happen, tweeting "This is crazy but here we go again! You wanted it so you got it. Penn vs Diaz Oct 29th in Vegas."...
Old 09-09-2011, 02:17 AM
Maldonado136

Diaz can win if he drags it into later rounds. Penn can win if he knocks Nick the blank out earlier on. Very interesting fight.
Old 09-09-2011, 02:29 AM

WAR PENN!!!!!!!!!

[
Old 09-09-2011, 02:33 AM
WAR CARDINALS!

It's a great match to see, but does anybody else find it a bit ridiculous that Dana is turning right around and giving Diaz a marquee fight, not to mention on the same exact event!?!?

It almost comes off as if Dana is saying that PR obligations only really matter if you are fighting for the title, and we all know that is not the case. So, what is the case? Was this all just a PR stunt? Dana just said a couple days ago that he didn't feel he could ever trust Nick Diaz again, so what changed his mind? If he wasn't sure that Nick would show up for the bigger payday and title shot against GSP, how can he be sure that he will show up to fight BJ? The whole thing is wishy washy at best and reeks of total shadiness at worst.
Old 09-09-2011, 02:39 AM
Maldonado136

^^I don't know but I'll go with it because it is an awesome fight. I don't care at all about the politics of mma just give me good fights.
Old 09-09-2011, 02:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.B. View Post
It's a great match to see, but does anybody else find it a bit ridiculous that Dana is turning right around and giving Diaz a marquee fight, not to mention on the same exact event!?!?

It almost comes off as if Dana is saying that PR obligations only really matter if you are fighting for the title, and we all know that is not the case. So, what is the case? Was this all just a PR stunt? Dana just said a couple days ago that he didn't feel he could ever trust Nick Diaz again, so what changed his mind? If he wasn't sure that Nick would show up for the bigger payday and title shot against GSP, how can he be sure that he will show up to fight BJ? The whole thing is wishy washy at best and reeks of total shadiness at worst.
You said what I was thinking! And, Dana said it..."this is crazy"!

You're in...you're out...you're in again!

Last edited by Bonnie; 09-09-2011 at 03:01 AM.
Old 09-09-2011, 04:46 AM

My head is spinning! I have to admit, it sounds like a great fight. I'm not sure why but I like it better than the GSP match-up.

WAR PENN!!!!

OK, now if Dana will just have Joe put together Sonnen vs. Bisping and Rev vs. Bloodstain, I'll be happy!

Rejoice ever more. 1 Thessalonians 5:16
Old 09-09-2011, 04:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.B. View Post

Good points, JB, I'd love to be a fly on the wall and know the inside scoop. It doesn't really make much sense on the face of it, does it?

hmmmm

Rejoice ever more. 1 Thessalonians 5:16
Old 09-09-2011, 05:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by flo View Post
Good points, JB, I'd love to be a fly on the wall and know the inside scoop. It doesn't really make much sense on the face of it, does it?

hmmmm