Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > Matt Hughes

Old 09-07-2011, 01:24 PM
Crisco

Really excited and Kos is much further up the ladder then Diego.
Old 09-07-2011, 04:56 PM
BoneDoc

I am so pumped to see Matt take on Kos. Nothing wrong with losing a fight every now and then to some of these great fighters but I'm praying it's a big WIN for Matt. I am a little nervous for Matt in this fight, but .... Matt, if you reading this .... PLEASE pick him up and slam him so hard he beggs for forgivness.

GNP him till he taps out!!!!!!
Old 09-07-2011, 05:27 PM
rearnakedchoke

i don't know why people think matt should worry about kos' standup ... i think matt can bang with him and probably should and just defend takedowns ... if kos can't get off early and can't get a takedown, he really does nothing but stand in front of his opponents (gsp, alves) ... matt also has great leg kicks that will slow kos' takedown .. should be a fun fight ...
Old 09-07-2011, 07:39 PM
Chris F

Quote:
Originally Posted by rearnakedchoke View Post
i don't know why people think matt should worry about kos' standup ... i think matt can bang with him and probably should and just defend takedowns ... if kos can't get off early and can't get a takedown, he really does nothing but stand in front of his opponents (gsp, alves) ... matt also has great leg kicks that will slow kos' takedown .. should be a fun fight ...
Exactly and Matt is a better MMA wrestler and grappler. Kos is used to man handling opponets but if he cannot he gets frustrated and makes many mistakes. This is why GSP was able to play wiht him like a cat and mouse for 5 rounds. If GSP was not such a fraddy cat he could have finished Kos in the 3rd. Matt always goes for the win and when Kos screws up Matt will swallow him just like he did all the others who slipped up.
Old 09-07-2011, 08:37 PM
Preach

Kos is a bomb thrower not very technical just wings punches and if he connects he does do damage. But I see Matt taking him into deep water before finishing him. All he has to do is stick with the game plan and not get drawn into a sluggfest
Old 09-11-2011, 03:50 AM
SupaDupaMod

Send a message via Yahoo to Neezar

Quote:
From Matt's blog
Training has been going great. Yes, we're switching things up with a different opponent and I will be ready.
Matt, have I told you lately.....
Old 09-11-2011, 09:13 PM
hughesfan4life

can hardly wait till matt shuts kos up!!.....=kos after matt beats him down!!
=me celebrating!!!......WWWWWaaaaaRrrrr Maaaaaatttttt!!!!!!
Old 09-11-2011, 10:24 PM
I'm kind of a big deal

Secret to beating Kos:

1. The jab. GSP executed that punch to perfection in their last fight.
2. Kos only dangerous weapon in the standup is an overhand right. He wings that from so far back, it's easy to cup your left ear with your left hand, elbow out, and counter the shot. GSP did that over and over as well.

WAR HUGHES!!!!!!!!!!