Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > Christianity

Old 09-07-2011, 09:41 PM
cheachea

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crisco View Post
You ever wonder if you and those around you would be better served preaching the glory of Christ instead of the percieved evil of Rome?

It seems like you spend more time telling the pope where to stick it then you do talking about magnificent the Lord is...

Your one of those folks that believes in divine election right?

Why does it matter how much you hate Rome if it doesn't truly matter in the end?

The Lord is awesome. I love God just like you do. We have to defend the faith that was once for all in trusted to the Saints.
You guys are thinking that I'm just trying to be a party pooper, but what I'm really trying to do is warn you and show you REAL History. If we as Christians really knew our history then we would stay away as far as possible from Romanism. I don't hate anyone . I'm trying to show you guys that this stuff really happened for Centuries and that is why we had a Reformation.

I'm not really sure what divine election is.
Old 09-07-2011, 09:53 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by flo View Post
Thank you, Dave, for what you said. As you know, I was raised Catholic but belong to no denomination currently. I'm in the "searching" mode, I guess. That's why I have an interest in this section of the forum.
Your welcome Flo

I may not be Roman myself, but as its accepted as part of the Universal Church and Christedom by about everyone other then the Christian Right of America, I am not inclined to let people on here, who should know better, be thorougly UNCHRISTIAN to those who are.

I am especially angry that some people, like Nathan, evidently arent keeping tabs on this section enough to know that Cheachea is fast becoming the snakerattler of the Christian Section by posting nothing but conspiracy theories. That pisses me off. Its like some patrons only want to cause a fuss, or blah in a self righteous capacity.

Post a thread about Christ doing something, or asking for testimonials, or a scriptural question, an example of GODs Glory...and noone bothers looking, let alone commenting.

but post a thread about the Protestant Reformation, The End Times, Evolution, Issues of Church Dogma surrounding Salvation, the keeping or looosing of it, the pre-determinism of it, abortion, Creationalism, or homosexuality...and you are guarenteed a twenty page slaging match...which some people post deliberately for entertainment value.

It brings this whole forum down. The fact that we Moderators have little power to actually do anything without being accused of abusing our powers, or being completely undermined by the main administration is infuriating, and one of the reasons why I have scaled back from posting here as often as I once did. I have no quarms and absolutely no shame whatsoever about saying in public exactly what I feel and think. I am NOT a "yes" man. There are a few key topics that I truely dissagree on with some important people here, that does not mean I will keep my peace. It means that they will have to deal with me voicing my complaints. It does them no harm, infact I provide a vital ballence on this place sometimes, because I represent a very different way of thinking to at least 80 percent of the regulars here, and its right that my imput is exercised and noticed. even if I do say so myself
Old 09-07-2011, 09:54 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheachea View Post
THANK GOD FOR THAT!
Old 09-07-2011, 09:54 PM
Administrator

Revelation 2:15-16, Jesus says:
"Thus, you also have those who hold the doctrine of the Nicolaitans, which thing I hate. Repent, or else I will come to you quickly and will fight against them with the sword of My mouth."

So, if Jesus hates false doctrine, then we need to as well if we are going to be more like Him.
Old 09-07-2011, 10:02 PM
cheachea

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyburn View Post
Your welcome Flo

I may not be Roman myself, but as its accepted as part of the Universal Church and Christedom by about everyone other then the Christian Right of America, I am not inclined to let people on here, who should know better, be thorougly UNCHRISTIAN to those who are.

I am especially angry that some people, like Nathan, evidently arent keeping tabs on this section enough to know that Cheachea is fast becoming the snakerattler of the Christian Section by posting nothing but conspiracy theories. That pisses me off. Its like some patrons only want to cause a fuss, or blah in a self righteous capacity.

1. What is a snakerattler ?
2. How is documented history of the Inquisition and having friendly terms with Hitler Conspiracy Theories ? It is what it is.
3. Sounds like you are the one with the Self Righteous Ranting.
Old 09-07-2011, 10:08 PM
cheachea

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyburn View Post
THANK GOD FOR THAT!

I was being honest. He was thinking that I was apart of some ideology and so I told him that I didn't know what he was mentioning.
Now you have jumped in and tried to make fun of me and assume superiority.
Old 09-07-2011, 10:11 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheachea View Post
Basically GOD chooses us first and only after He chooses us do we then have the ability to choose Him. It makes salvation 100% a work of GOD, even faith is a gift from GOD and not everyone receives that gift.
Old 09-07-2011, 10:17 PM
cheachea

I will put it like this Tyburn. I see you post a bunch of Threads about The Pope and Rome and all this Nonsense so in turn I post threads that expose Rome for what it is and tell people the truth about History and to not be deceived. Remember this scripture:

Luke 6:26
Woe unto you, when all men shall speak well of you! for so did their fathers to the false prophets.

Tyburn you want to act like it's all good and that Rome is a friendly Teddy Bear with no power, but the truth is the Vatican is very Powerful.
Old 09-07-2011, 10:19 PM
cheachea

Quote:
Originally Posted by NateR View Post
Basically GOD chooses us first and only after He chooses us do we then have the ability to choose Him. It makes salvation 100% a work of GOD, even faith is a gift from GOD and not everyone receives that gift.
Got it. Thanks NateR.
Old 09-07-2011, 10:26 PM
cheachea

Also, remember this scripture.

1 Timothy 4:16

Take heed to yourself and to THE DOCTRINE. Continue in them, for in doing this you will save both yourself and those who hear you.