Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > Christianity

Old 09-07-2011, 05:33 PM
Crisco

You ever wonder if you and those around you would be better served preaching the glory of Christ instead of the percieved evil of Rome?

It seems like you spend more time telling the pope where to stick it then you do talking about magnificent the Lord is...

Your one of those folks that believes in divine election right?

Why does it matter how much you hate Rome if it doesn't truly matter in the end?
Old 09-07-2011, 06:47 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crisco View Post
You ever wonder if you and those around you would be better served preaching the glory of Christ instead of the percieved evil of Rome?

It seems like you spend more time telling the pope where to stick it then you do talking about magnificent the Lord is...

Why does it matter how much you hate Rome if it doesn't truly matter in the end?
One of the most important duties of any Christian is to stand against heresy and false doctrine. That's why the New Testament epistles spend so much time defending sound doctrine.

Satan is a great liar and deceiver and you'd be a fool to think that he isn't constantly trying to steer Christians down the path of false doctrine.
Old 09-07-2011, 08:42 PM
Chris F

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crisco View Post

Book of Jude is the greatest example of our command to watch for false teachings. The layity's job is to go out and proclaim the good news. The preachers job is to train and equip and teach and correct doctrine. Just look at Paul's instructions to Titus and Timothy. You are right we need to tell others about the Lord's goodness but as ministers we must do so much more.
Old 09-07-2011, 08:54 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NateR View Post
One of the most important duties of any Christian is to stand against heresy and false doctrine. That's why the New Testament epistles spend so much time defending sound doctrine.

Satan is a great liar and deceiver and you'd be a fool to think that he isn't constantly trying to steer Christians down the path of false doctrine.
Yes...and I think every single person on this entire forum knows exactly what you and cheachea think about Rome....The problem is...its nothing more then your opinion Nathan...which you like to present as absolute truth and fact.

I'm STILL waiting in the other thread for your evidence on New Testament Compilation BTW....you know...the proof you must have to back up your claim that I come close to blasphemy.

At one point...this used to be a Christian Section....Now it seems to be made up of people who like to spew hate at other denominations, and burn Korans on their days off.

You said yourself that Romes power days are behind her...yet you defend the person whose littered this forum with nothing but conspiracy theories whilst barging the more committed, and more long term Christians out the way. I kinda thought better of you.
Old 09-07-2011, 08:57 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris F View Post
Book of Jude is the greatest example of our command to watch for false teachings. The layity's job is to go out and proclaim the good news. The preachers job is to train and equip and teach and correct doctrine. Just look at Paul's instructions to Titus and Timothy. You are right we need to tell others about the Lord's goodness but as ministers we must do so much more.
Neither Cheachea, nor Nathan are in the priesthood... This whole forum is made up of laity...

So useing your own justification above...only you and boomer have the right to make this kinda statement. Not Cheachea, and not Nathan neither
Old 09-07-2011, 09:31 PM

Thank you, Dave, for what you said. As you know, I was raised Catholic but belong to no denomination currently. I'm in the "searching" mode, I guess. That's why I have an interest in this section of the forum.

Rejoice ever more. 1 Thessalonians 5:16
Old 09-07-2011, 10:33 PM
cheachea

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyburn View Post
Neither Cheachea, nor Nathan are in the priesthood... This whole forum is made up of laity...

So useing your own justification above...only you and boomer have the right to make this kinda statement. Not Cheachea, and not Nathan neither

Again you are wrong Tyburn. If you are a believer and follower of Christ then you have The Holy Spirit of God guiding and empowering you. As a follower of Christ you are apart of a Holy Priesthood. The authority is from God Not Man.

1 Peter 2:9
but ye are a chosen generation, a ROYAL PRIESTHOOD, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that ye should shew forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvellous light:

The Only Hate being pushed here is Your Hate for the Truth.

Last edited by cheachea; 09-07-2011 at 10:42 PM.
Old 09-07-2011, 10:33 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyburn View Post
Yes...and I think every single person on this entire forum knows exactly what you and cheachea think about Rome....The problem is...its nothing more then your opinion Nathan...which you like to present as absolute truth and fact.

I'm STILL waiting in the other thread for your evidence on New Testament Compilation BTW....you know...the proof you must have to back up your claim that I come close to blasphemy.

At one point...this used to be a Christian Section....Now it seems to be made up of people who like to spew hate at other denominations, and burn Korans on their days off.

You said yourself that Romes power days are behind her...yet you defend the person whose littered this forum with nothing but conspiracy theories whilst barging the more committed, and more long term Christians out the way. I kinda thought better of you.
When Roman Catholic doctrine and teachings contradict the Bible, then calling that out as heresy is more than just personal opinion.
Old 09-07-2011, 10:34 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheachea View Post
The Only Hate being pushed here is Your Hate for the Truth.
+1