Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > Christianity

Old 09-04-2011, 07:00 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

"on the 23rd of November 1658 a solomn procession winded its way through the silent streets of London, towards Westminster Abbey. It was the Funeral Procession of the most powerful Ruller the British Isles had known SINCE THE FALL OF ROME! This Latter Day Emporar had achieved what had elluded the greatest warrior kings of the middle ages welding the countries of England, Scotland and Ierland into one United Kingdom, he had bent parliament to his will levied taxes as he pleased stilled the fractuacidal Religious conflict following the reformation, and created the most feared Navy and Army in Europe.

He lay in his Robe of State, A sceptre in one hand, an Orb in the other, with an Imperial Crown laid on a Velvet cushion a little above his head. But this Ruller was NOT a King, He was instead a Regiscide. A King Killer!"

That is how my favourite Historian chooses to introduce The Protectorate.

Protection from the King by a Military Tyrant.
Old 09-04-2011, 07:02 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NateR View Post
today I just don't see the Vatican being enough of an influence in the world for that interpretation to be accurate. It's an old dinosaur of a world religion that is quickly losing its power and prestige in the world.
true. Rome has fallen already
Old 09-04-2011, 07:05 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheachea View Post
I understand what you mean. I think that the Harlot is a core group and system with in the Church of Rome. I know not all of those who are Roman Catholic are apart of this system and love Jesus, but the corruption still remains with in the system.
I think you are giving too much credit to the Church of Rome overall. I'm not saying you are definitely wrong, I just don't necessarily see the Vatican being the Harlot. I believe that "she" will be a secular world-market, not a religion.
Old 09-04-2011, 07:05 PM
cheachea

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyburn View Post
true. Rome has fallen already

That is a Lie that you believe. The Presidents All bow to the Pope. Pay attention.
Old 09-04-2011, 07:14 PM

Quote:
Flo you are confusing Hate with Telling the Truth.
I'm not confusing anything. Just to pull a name out of a hat, how about Henry XIII and all the people he murdered, he was a good Protestant, wasn't he? How about the Klan? Those were all good Christians as well. If you look for hate and terrible acts, you will find people of all religions have committed them. And will do so in the future.

I find your posts about all this to be hateful and hurtful. Life is too short and sweet to waste one more minute of my time reading your paranoid and negative rants.

Rejoice ever more. 1 Thessalonians 5:16
Old 09-04-2011, 07:15 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Hey maybe you should make a video and tell us about him.
becareful what you wish for...it might just happen.

What you do not realize...is that Oliver Cromwell represents everything I despise about my country, and about religious belief.

Bizzarely for one who believed that anyone should be allowed to believe anything....he did nothing but killed anyone who dissagreed!

The person who created the style of Army which breaks down young men, strips them, and then reprogrammes them, but abandons them when they leave the forces...that was the New Model Army

The person who advocated not just the killing of the King...but the destruction of the Monarchy, and the destruction of Anglicanism...His legacy is the Parliament we have right now...which is nothing but a beauracratic, lying, money grabbing institution, that shames its historic past, by giving up its powers to foreign rullers, and by disinheriting those who have stood in its midst for centuries

Your Country hated King George...they should have met Oliver Cromwell...he made George look like a pussy cat I am NOT kidding...fancy going to a military prison for saying a swear word. Has your country ever seen such tyrany??
Old 09-04-2011, 07:18 PM
cheachea

Quote:
Originally Posted by flo View Post
I'm not confusing anything. Just to pull a name out of a hat, how about Henry XIII and all the people he murdered, he was a good Protestant, wasn't he? How about the Klan? Those were all good Christians as well. If you look for hate and terrible acts, you will find people of all religions have commited them. And will do so in the future.

I find your posts about all this to be hateful and hurtful. Life is too short and sweet to waste one more minute of my time reading your paranoid and negative rants.

Flo, the Klan were and are Not Real Christians. A Real Christian would not be racist. The Klan was started by Albert Pike a Free Mason who wrote the book Morals and Dogma.
I don't hate people. What have I wrote that is hateful ? I'm telling the truth and you are bashing me for it.
Old 09-04-2011, 07:19 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by flo View Post
how about Henry XIII and all the people he murdered, he was a good Protestant, wasn't he?
I Love you You mean Henry VIII not King Henry 13th

...and I once cried when I was at Fountains Abbey...because of what King Henry did to it...more then 700 monastic foundations containing countless monks were destroyed by him...the carcasses of many still litter the land...its a shameful part of Anglicanisms past...but like you say...we are all guilty of something like that.
Old 09-04-2011, 07:27 PM
cheachea

Why are you guys down playing Rome's Atrocities ?
Old 09-04-2011, 07:32 PM
cheachea

If there was another Inquisition Most of us on this board would be Martyred for opposing Rome. And don't think that it couldn't happen again. The Holocaust happened in The Last Hundred Years !