Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > The Woodshed

Old 09-07-2011, 04:39 PM
suntereo

i've been asked a few times if I would ever consider an amatuer fight - I can now say yes, but they will have to pay for my flight to florida.
Old 09-07-2011, 08:40 PM

If the 16 year old kid was some 200 pound bully on the football team maybe it would be justified... This kid looked like he barely hit puberty and looked 130 pounds soaking wet...
Old 09-07-2011, 09:09 PM
BamaGrits84

Quote:
Originally Posted by Llamafighter View Post
This is one of those debates on here where neither side is going to budge I don't think.

I think the man could have verbally adressed the kid in a manner that didn't escalate the situation example: not using the phrase "before I knock you out".
if that failed he was more than capable of restraining the kid and throwing him off his property.

Do I think the kid was in the right? no. he was a little punk who probably bullies everyone.
still doesn't okay a grown man pummeling him.
The first punch lead to the rest of it so I believe the first punch was wrong too.
come on guys... you're all adults. would you really feel like you adressed the situation by knocking out a kid? that cross he threw had every intention of knocking the kid out. not "smacking him in his smart mouth".
if the kid was bigger than the adult physically it may very well become a self defense issue, but this wasn't the case.
This is what I would have been okay with. The setting, it being a PUNCH, and the repeated blows to the teen while he was on the ground are where this is all so wrong. I'm all about letting some punk know they have picked the wrong one to mess with, but this dad crossed the line into being a punk himself.
Old 09-07-2011, 09:21 PM
SupaDupaMod

Send a message via Yahoo to Neezar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crisco View Post
Mark what would you have done in the guys place I'm just curious?

Some 16 year old kid is on your farm and decides he wants to play the tough guy and gets in your face like that...

I'm only asking because I can't think of anything else you do rather then give him a clap to the head... What would you have done?
Cris, I'm curious to know if you would have beat a 16 year old, skinny punk like that for getting in your face?

Now, would you still do that if you knew it was Mark Hughes' son?

You don't hit another man's child (even 16 year old) for any reason unless there is NO other choice (such as self defense). You don't hit a child for words.
Old 09-07-2011, 09:25 PM
SupaDupaMod

Quote:
If your 16 year old son was in your face like that what would you do?

Your going to sit him down and tell him how wrong he was and how it hurt your feelings?
I have learned a hard lesson in life which is to never say never. With that being said I pray that I would not lose my temper and resort to hitting him with my fists. If I did then I would be in the wrong (imo). Hitting with fists is not a form of discipline but domestic violence. Period.
Old 09-07-2011, 09:32 PM
SupaDupaMod

Just thinking about a grown man smacking my child makes my blood boil.

Last edited by Neezar; 09-07-2011 at 09:48 PM.
Old 09-07-2011, 10:59 PM
Crisco

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neezar View Post
Just thinking about a grown man smacking my child makes my blood boil.
It boils my blood just thinking that my child would presume it ok to disrespect a grown man that way.

Do I want other people hitting my child? Totally not. But it wasn't like this kid didn't deserve a clap in the mouth. Tough question and there is no good answer.
Old 09-07-2011, 11:03 PM
Crisco

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neezar View Post
Cris, I'm curious to know if you would have beat a 16 year old, skinny punk like that for getting in your face?

Now, would you still do that if you knew it was Mark Hughes' son?

You don't hit another man's child (even 16 year old) for any reason unless there is NO other choice (such as self defense). You don't hit a child for words.
If I knew the boys father I would do my best to avoid doing anything and let Mark handle it. Not out of fear but out of respect I'm not scared of anyone whether they can beat me or not. And I'm pretty darn Mark Hughes would never allow his son to grow up a brat.

Random 16 year old punk in my face acting wild.. Might have to crack him in the jaw and damn who his father is because he deserves an ass whooping too for raising a little •••• like this and he's welcome to my backyard too.

Not trying to grandstand and sound like a tough guy or anything I just think people are just plain disrespectful and a good beating is in order for unruly folks... I personly could never ever catch myself disrespecting another man in his own home regardless of the situation. I think I'm pretty mild... The bible once told us to have the whole village stone the disobedient child.
Old 09-08-2011, 07:45 AM

Quote:
It boils my blood just thinking that my child would presume it ok to disrespect a grown man that way.

Do I want other people hitting my child? Totally not. But it wasn't like this kid didn't deserve a clap in the mouth. Tough question and there is no good answer.
yeah but theres a limit.... What if it was a girl talking to a grown man like that.. shouldnt she respect him to???... a man that big has no right to hit a 16 year old child like that just like he has no right to hit a women. I cant believe people are actually defending this!
Old 09-08-2011, 01:31 PM
Crisco

Quote:
Originally Posted by bj44 View Post
yeah but theres a limit.... What if it was a girl talking to a grown man like that.. shouldnt she respect him to???... a man that big has no right to hit a 16 year old child like that just like he has no right to hit a women. I cant believe people are actually defending this!
If it where a 16 year old girl I would not agree with hitting her.

I'll defend it all day long buddy.

Sometimes a kid needs a clap upside the head.