Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > The Woodshed

Old 09-03-2011, 03:11 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by TENNESSEAN View Post
cant believe the direction this thread has taken. very disturbing, this man did not teach that kid any lessons on how a respectful adult should behave.

I dont care what the kid said, this was uncalled for. He should of never had the 2 boys come to his house to throw down in the first place. this dudes an idiot, and you people are giving him legs by saying "its ok as long as the kid ask for it"

unbelievable
+1
Old 09-03-2011, 03:17 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crisco View Post

We're too freaking soft. In the old days two kids scrapping in a backyard was the way disputes where settled. You got up and shook hands. Nowk ids shoot each other over sneakers... Why? because our society tells them fighting is wrong wrong wrong no matter what. Frustrated at outlets this maniac kids turn to guns for the easy way out.

I've made my position pretty clear I supported this whole thing up until the hammer fists.
Society will not teach my kids I will. Parents teach kids, and idiot parents teach kids. Maybe we have bad parents idk myself.

If this was your kid you wouldnt mind a man pushing and punching your kid?
Old 09-03-2011, 04:39 AM
I'm kind of a big deal

Quote:
In all honestly if the father stopped after the first punch I probably would have been ok with this whole situation. You are not allowed to get in someones face like that and not expect a pop in the mouth. 16 is old enough to take an ass whoopin.

The hammerfisting is what put it over the edge for me.
+2

One pop was all that was needed, agreed 100%. The rest of it was excessive, that's where the friends of that guy should have stepped in and did something.
Old 09-03-2011, 04:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark View Post
Society will not teach my kids I will. Parents teach kids, and idiot parents teach kids. Maybe we have bad parents idk myself.

with all due respect mark, would your 16 year old son be at another mans house "street fighting" his son?

would your 16 year old son step up on a grown man twice his size whose son you just beat up and whose yard you're standing in?

the answer to both of those are no, your son wouldn't even be in that situation to begin with and if he were he wouldn't be that stupid, so your son wouldn't be getting "pushed and punched" by that man

Im not saying the man was right, i'm just saying the kid that got served ain't right either, he ain't no innocent bystander, thats the whole point i was trying to make.... the father didn't go out on the street and pick on some innocent little girl, and some people are treating him like he did...... was it cool what he did, no definitely not
Old 09-06-2011, 01:48 PM
Crisco

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark View Post

I'm hoping my son would not be so disrespectful as to do that but if he was and he took an ass beating it would be well deserved.

No one wants anyone else to discipline their kids but sometimes it needs to be done.

Like i said one shot to mouth and walk away no need to GnP the kid.
Old 09-06-2011, 02:32 PM

Quote:
I'm hoping my son would not be so disrespectful as to do that but if he was and he took an ass beating it would be well deserved.

No one wants anyone else to discipline their kids but sometimes it needs to be done.

Like i said one shot to mouth and walk away no need to GnP the kid.
I disagree, Cris. He could have taught the kid a valuable lesson in "be the bigger man". The kid was amped up because he just won the fight and the adult should have
1 not let the fight happen in the first place.
2 once it was done said "it's over now get out of my yard"
3 Go check on your son and make sure he's okay.

Street fighting is stupid, and extremely dangerous. the guy is he didn't seriously injure that kid.

If your ego takes such a big hit from a kid half your size mouthing off to you then you need serious help.

This "one shot would have been fine" is ridiculous. He's 16 yrs old and even One shot is assault.

[
Old 09-06-2011, 03:11 PM
County Mike

I've been trying to find out more about this.

Apparently, the kid in the video was harassing the guy's son in school for quite some time. The father set up the fight to resolve the harassment issues. Once the kid showed up, the son backed down from the fight. The kid then got mouthy with the dad and we see what happened next.

I don't know if it will make a difference to any of you, but do you think he was more justified knowing that this kid has been bullying his kid at school? I think the hand-shake and hug at the end was because the dad knew he messed up and was trying to avoid big trouble.
Old 09-06-2011, 05:01 PM
rearnakedchoke

here's my take on this .. the kid shouldn't have gone over their, if he was was bullying the other kid, that sucks, but he doesn't deserve a beatdown by a man ... the man is dumb on many points, he shouldn't have tried to hold a fair fight at his house a) because its dumb and dangerous and b) if he knew his son didn't want to fight and still held it ... the man should get charged with assault and any other charge that goes with setting up a fight on your property ... hopefully he goes to jail for a while to realize how dumb he really is ... but by the looks of it, it probably won't help ...
Old 09-06-2011, 05:07 PM
Crisco

For a group of folks who stand by the founding fathers in their world view if this was 200 years ago they would have done pistols at ten paces.

It's a fist fight. knuckle up and have a fair fight to settle your differences.

Where I grew up I had to fight five guys at a time calling me a gringo. I would have killed for a fair fight. This kid got it and decided against in.
Then this fake little hard ass decides he's bigger and better then he is and steps up to a grown man.

Little guy got taught some respect for his elders and that is the bottom line. Again though coulda did without the hammerfists.
Old 09-06-2011, 05:15 PM
rearnakedchoke

Quote:
For a group of folks who stand by the founding fathers in their world view if this was 200 years ago they would have done pistols at ten paces.

It's a fist fight. knuckle up and have a fair fight to settle your differences.

Where I grew up I had to fight five guys at a time calling me a gringo. I would have killed for a fair fight. This kid got it and decided against in.
Then this fake little hard ass decides he's bigger and better then he is and steps up to a grown man.

Little guy got taught some respect for his elders and that is the bottom line. Again though coulda did without the hammerfists.
bro, times are different my man ... we grew up fighting all the time, now you gotta worry about getting sued, getting charged, and now you hit someone and they get seriously hurt or die, you are screwed for life ... it just ain't worth it .. yeah, it sounds gay, but what you gonna do man ...