Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > The Woodshed

Old 09-02-2011, 01:44 PM
County Mike

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crisco View Post
In all honestly if the father stopped after the first punch I probably would have been ok with this whole situation. You are not allowed to get in someones face like that and not expect a pop in the mouth. 16 is old enough to take an ass whoopin.

The hammerfisting is what put it over the edge for me.
Exactly
Old 09-02-2011, 03:32 PM
BamaGrits84

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crisco View Post
16 is old enough to take an ass whoopin.
+1

I full intend on giving my own kids a butt kicking at 16 if needed.
Old 09-02-2011, 05:07 PM

I don't think he should have gotten beaten like that, but I don't think he was an "innocent" in what happened to him either. I'm not sure what went wrong between the man shaking his hand and patting him on the back to what looked like the kid calling the man out with whatever he was saying and by physically getting in the man's face, but it was a stupid thing to do. It doesn't make what the man did right or justified, I'm just saying it looks like the kid was "asking" for something, and unfortunately the man decided to let his anger overrule being the "adult". I'd like to think they'd learn a lesson, but I highly doubt it.

Last edited by Bonnie; 09-03-2011 at 03:08 AM.
Old 09-02-2011, 06:59 PM
LESS TALK MORE ACTION

cant believe the direction this thread has taken. very disturbing, this man did not teach that kid any lessons on how a respectful adult should behave.

I dont care what the kid said, this was uncalled for. He should of never had the 2 boys come to his house to throw down in the first place. this dudes an idiot, and you people are giving him legs by saying "its ok as long as the kid ask for it"

unbelievable
Old 09-02-2011, 07:22 PM

Can't you smell the "redneck"? A bunch of Kimbo wannabes...

This guy is a clown... I hope he gets SOMETHING legal out of it....
Old 09-02-2011, 07:25 PM
Crisco

Quote:
Originally Posted by TENNESSEAN View Post
cant believe the direction this thread has taken. very disturbing, this man did not teach that kid any lessons on how a respectful adult should behave.

I dont care what the kid said, this was uncalled for. He should of never had the 2 boys come to his house to throw down in the first place. this dudes an idiot, and you people are giving him legs by saying "its ok as long as the kid ask for it"

unbelievable
Your siggy says it all less talk more action.

Teenagers in this country are out of control and you can't touch me a minor mentality is fueling it.

We're too freaking soft. In the old days two kids scrapping in a backyard was the way disputes where settled. You got up and shook hands. Nowk ids shoot each other over sneakers... Why? because our society tells them fighting is wrong wrong wrong no matter what. Frustrated at outlets this maniac kids turn to guns for the easy way out.

I've made my position pretty clear I supported this whole thing up until the hammer fists.
Old 09-02-2011, 08:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by flo View Post
You sound very angry. Do you really think it was the newscasters that were the worst? I'm really taken aback that you think a 16 yr. old boy "got what he deserved". So you're saying that mouthing back to an adult is grounds for a serious beating?

By the way, they aren't journalists, they are news readers.

yeah sorry about that

i shouldn't post after a long days work and listening to the politics news,,,, it puts me in a bad way

but yeah i do think the 16 year old kid learned not to mouth off to someone twice his size, and that is def a lesson everyone needs to learn
Old 09-02-2011, 09:22 PM

You just sounded frustrated, Adam, you're usually much more upbeat. I hear what you're saying, we all have our opinions, that's what makes the MHF an interesting place to post.

We do agree that many teens - and younger - are out of control. I think it's gotten that way partly because of the breakdown in the traditional family, no discipline, religion is frowned upon and our culture is in decline (largely thanks to my generation touting "anything goes!" "it's OK if it doesn't hurt anyone", etc., just generally selfish beyond belief).

Rejoice ever more. 1 Thessalonians 5:16
Old 09-02-2011, 09:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TENNESSEAN View Post

unbelievable
Not sure if my post is one you're referring to, but what I meant by "asking for something" is from the video, the way the kid is literally up on the guy, it looks like the kid was wanting to incite a fight with the man. But, I agree with you, it doesn't matter what the kid was saying or how he was posturing, the man should have handled things differently. If the kid continued to come at him or take a swing at him, then I feel he should've been able to defend himself but more in the manner of subduing the kid, not continually hitting him. And, I also agree the man never should have set the fight up to begin with. As for lessons, hopefully everyone who was there will learn from the consequences of this idiocy.

Last edited by Bonnie; 09-02-2011 at 11:55 PM.
Old 09-02-2011, 11:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by flo View Post
You just sounded frustrated, Adam, you're usually much more upbeat. I hear what you're saying, we all have our opinions, that's what makes the MHF an interesting place to post.

We do agree that many teens - and younger - are out of control. I think it's gotten that way partly because of the breakdown in the traditional family, no discipline, religion is frowned upon and our culture is in decline (largely thanks to my generation touting "anything goes!" "it's OK if it doesn't hurt anyone", etc., just generally selfish beyond belief).
+1