Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > Christianity

Old 09-04-2011, 04:14 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Oremus

I shall add my prayers also
Old 09-06-2011, 04:10 AM
BoneDoc

Hello All. Thank you for the continued prayers. Isaac has improved some with his motor skills. Walking with assistance, but speech and coordination are still very slow. Long road ahead for them.

I'll share a little bit more of what I know of the accident. Has anyone heard of kids choking each other out to see what passing out feels like? Obviously this is not mma related, but something that is going around with middle schoolers. Apparently this is how he was hurt, because he was trying to make himself pass out by rapping the cloth belt to a robe around his neck. He was found sitting on the floor, but leaning over with the belt caught between the mattress and bedpost. Apparently when he passed out the belt got caught and when he fell over from his sitting position and it kept tension because it was rapped around several times and instead of loosening when he let go. No signs of anything wrong. he was told to go to bed and said I love you to mom and dad and see you in the morning. 5 minutes later dad was checking like normal on progression getting ready for bed and found him. The dad told me Isaac had no heart beat or breathing. He immediately yelled for his wife to call emergency and started CPR and got his pulse back before medics arrived.

Isaac has and older brother 19 and older sister 17, who are having a rough time with it all. Please keep them in your prayers over the next several months.
Old 09-06-2011, 04:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoneDoc View Post
Hello All. Thank you for the continued prayers. Isaac has improved some with his motor skills. Walking with assistance, but speech and coordination are still very slow. Long road ahead for them.

I'll share a little bit more of what I know of the accident. Has anyone heard of kids choking each other out to see what passing out feels like? Obviously this is not mma related, but something that is going around with middle schoolers. Apparently this is how he was hurt, because he was trying to make himself pass out by rapping the cloth belt to a robe around his neck. He was found sitting on the floor, but leaning over with the belt caught between the mattress and bedpost. Apparently when he passed out the belt got caught and when he fell over from his sitting position and it kept tension because it was rapped around several times and instead of loosening when he let go. No signs of anything wrong. he was told to go to bed and said I love you to mom and dad and see you in the morning. 5 minutes later dad was checking like normal on progression getting ready for bed and found him. The dad told me Isaac had no heart beat or breathing. He immediately yelled for his wife to call emergency and started CPR and got his pulse back before medics arrived.

Isaac has and older brother 19 and older sister 17, who are having a rough time with it all. Please keep them in your prayers over the next several months.
Oh how horrible. For some reason, I was thinkiing Isaac was a toddler.

Yes, I've heard of the kids doing that. When I was a kid, sometimes at slumber parties we girls would hyperventilate and then someone would squeeze you around the waist from behind and you'd pass out. I only did it once because it scared me but kids will be kids. Thank heavens dad checked on him!! That was divine intervention, wasn't it?

Anyway, glad to get the update, Bone Doc, we will continue to pray for him and his sibs.

Rejoice ever more. 1 Thessalonians 5:16